FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ayr Utd -V- ICT : Post-Match Thread

Scotty

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an afternoon, what a team, what supporters, what a manager. Oh......and what a score !

Just fantastic - yet another game for the ICT history book.

Roll on next Saturday at The Dump.

:D :021: :022: :025: :clapping02: :clapping03: :clapping04: ;)

Well you know you've been to a good game when you come away not knowing the score and have grass stains on your jeans.

To top the beautiful day off, I stole over 50 quid from William Hill with their generous odds. Thanks Yngwie!

Edited by Iain

Amazing result!

What if this had been a true league decider of a match - do you reckon we would have still have hammered then by seven?

With all the pressure off it shows you what players are capable of doing in a game.

That has got to be one of the best days out I have had as an ICT supporter. The game passed in a bit of a blur, to be honest, but I couldn't believe how easy it was. Ayr just seemed to lie down and of course our players were playing with a huge amount of confidence. It was nice to see Sanchez finally get on the scoresheet again - a header, most surprisingly - and Eagle and Morrison also took their goals well. The day was all about the supporters though. The Ship was a great wee pub and by two o' clock it was so stowed with ICT supporters that you could hardly move. A lot of people just took their drinks out onto the street and the staff turned a blind eye until about fifteen minutes to kick off. Really good crack on the train back to Glasgow too, with Stirling Observer on the pipes leading the songs.

I hope a few of the people who don't normally make away games but came down yesterday realised what a great crack they can be and aim to make a few more in the future - it would be great to have that kind of support for games in the SPL. I'll be up next weekend - looking forward to it already - but it will have to be some party to top yesterday.

I had a terrible day. The ICT fans were far too noisy and didn't really seem to be interested in watching the game. Most of the time they kept jumping up and down and this spoiled my view. Worse was to follow when a big flag was draped across everyone which obstructed my view of the game :rolleyes:

Then at the end of the match some disgraceful fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate. We don't need hooligans like this in our support. We should go to games and politely applaud like we do in Inverness and have much less fun!

I had a terrible day. The ICT fans were far too noisy and didn't really seem to be interested in watching the game. Most of the time they kept jumping up and down and this spoiled my view. Worse was to follow when a big flag was draped across everyone which obstructed my view of the game :rolleyes:

Then at the end of the match some disgraceful fans ran onto the pitch to celebrate. We don't need hooligans like this in our support. We should go to games and politely applaud like we do in Inverness and have much less fun!

I agree. Young hooligans...

To top the beautiful day off, I stole over 50 quid from William Hill with their generous odds. Thanks Yngwie!

Thanks to Naelifts for texting me about the ridiculous odds.

I also stuck a cheeky fiver on 5-0, at 125/1. First time ever I've been yelling for ICT not to score!

Morrison :rolleyes:

Sanchez :D

I forgive them though, great result.

Edited by Yngwie

Thanks to Naelifts for texting me about the ridiculous odds.

I also stuck a cheeky fiver on 5-0, at 125/1. First time ever I've been yelling for ICT not to score!

Morrison :rolleyes:

Sanchez :D

I forgive them though, great result.

not being pickyh but eagle scored the 6th.

We made the long trek to Ayr today as 1st Division Champions after being confirmed as winners following Dundee's defeat midweek. Manager Terry Butcher made two changes to the side that beat Dunfermline last week with captain Grant Munro, returning from suspension and the recalled Gavin Morrison coming into the side. Dropping out were Nauris Bulvitis and the suspended Stuart Golabek.

We made a great start to the game opening the scoring in the 2nd minute through Jonny Hayes. A long ball over the top found Adam Rooney, his shot was saved by Craig Samson in the Ayr goal but Hayes was alert to the rebound and found the back of the net from close range.

Eight minutes later we extended our lead when top scorer Adam Rooney netted number 26 of the season with a header from six yards after a Richie Foran cross following a counter attack quickly up the park.

The game was over in the 13th minute when we secured number three, this time it was Richie Foran heading home at the back post after some good play and a cross from Jonny Hayes on the right flank.

With 26 minutes played stand in left Roy McBain was replaced by Nauris Bulvitis after suffering an injury. Three minutes before the break we hit number four, Jonny Hayes dashed away from the Ayr defence hitting the by-line before pulling the ball back for the supporting Eric Odhiambo to finish from close range.

There were no more goals until the 69th minute when Dani Sanchez nodded in a simple header at the back post after a Jonny Hayes corner for his 1st goal since November.

It was almost six shortly afterwards when Dani Sanchez let fly from 20 yards after being set up by Robert Eagle but Ayr goalkeeper Craig Samson produced a good save to deny him his second of the afternoon.

Within a minute we did make it six, some good play by Dani Sanchez set up fellow substitute Robert Eagle after a good one-two and the Englishman coolly slide the ball past Craig Samson.

However there was still time for one more goal before the end, youngster Gavin Morrison on his debut stepped up and fired the ball under the wall into the net from 18 yards.

Only one comment to make about that, Sanchez headed in from the front post rather then the back post.

Edited by EWS

Wow

That day is right up there with the best of them. What a ball was had by all. We ran rings round Ayr. In fact, you could say that Ayr were not at the races. In between the good natured mayhem there was a football match. The party begun early on the trust bus, yep, trust bus, not truss bus. Harry's pub was stowed out when we breezed into town. The bar staff were rushed off their feet as the the party atmosphere was upped. Chatted to a couple of despondant Ayr fans who said we would gub them. In my diplomacy I thought they might sneak a draw as they would be right up for a relegation battle. Wrong, ten minutes gone and it was all over. Pocket rocket leprechaun and shamrocker little Jonny led the way. What a find he has been. Bumped into two guys wearing the Ireland tops and they turned out to be little Jonny's dad and brother I think it was. The inevitable question sort of stumbled out of my mouth. Will he sign on, his dad seems to think theres a pretty good chance and it was thumbs up all round. Like most, I lost count after four, who cares we simply rolled Ayr over. What a fantastic atmoshere and the fans and stewards were one, all just beaming. Excitement got the better of us and a couple of pitch trips by some was repelled until the final whistle when fandemonium broke out and the away support raced over to the main stand. It wa snow like a rock concert as the fans waited for the encore. Terry appeared, looking like the pope on a world tour and ingratiated the watching masses. The man is just awesome, spellbound hordes hung on his every word, he had us in the palm of his hands, yes, we were at his mercy and cheered ourselves hoarse. Final stage of the party to come next week and Roy's do at night. This has simply been the best season ever and thanks to all who have made it that way.

Met some nice young men from Dornoch, good to meet you, who's the coolest dude?

zogg has just woken up and he agrees, best day ever.

Was quite funny that one of the stewards was determined to stop one guy getting on the pitch - weaving around, grabbed him and shoved him back to the terrace while a hundred other fans were already on the pitch :lol:

Fantastic game, result, atmosphere - and when was the last time that any team scored seven goals with seven different scorers?

Haha! Regarding your comment about meeting Jonny's brother and dad; that was me and my dad! We did explain this to you but I think you'd had one too many shandies!

But nevertheless I'm sure he WILL sign up for next season!

Great post though; and yes it was a fecking great day out to cap off an excellent season!

Wow

That day is right up there with the best of them. What a ball was had by all. We ran rings round Ayr. In fact, you could say that Ayr were not at the races. In between the good natured mayhem there was a football match. The party begun early on the trust bus, yep, trust bus, not truss bus. Harry's pub was stowed out when we breezed into town. The bar staff were rushed off their feet as the the party atmosphere was upped. Chatted to a couple of despondant Ayr fans who said we would gub them. In my diplomacy I thought they might sneak a draw as they would be right up for a relegation battle. Wrong, ten minutes gone and it was all over. Pocket rocket leprechaun and shamrocker little Jonny led the way. What a find he has been. Bumped into two guys wearing the Ireland tops and they turned out to be little Jonny's dad and brother I think it was. The inevitable question sort of stumbled out of my mouth. Will he sign on, his dad seems to think theres a pretty good chance and it was thumbs up all round. Like most, I lost count after four, who cares we simply rolled Ayr over. What a fantastic atmoshere and the fans and stewards were one, all just beaming. Excitement got the better of us and a couple of pitch trips by some was repelled until the final whistle when fandemonium broke out and the away support raced over to the main stand. It wa snow like a rock concert as the fans waited for the encore. Terry appeared, looking like the pope on a world tour and ingratiated the watching masses. The man is just awesome, spellbound hordes hung on his every word, he had us in the palm of his hands, yes, we were at his mercy and cheered ourselves hoarse. Final stage of the party to come next week and Roy's do at night. This has simply been the best season ever and thanks to all who have made it that way.

Met some nice young men from Dornoch, good to meet you, who's the coolest dude?

zogg has just woken up and he agrees, best day ever.

What a day. The train down was quiet until we reached the Perth-Glasgow leg and from there on it it was almost continuous singing and dancing. The Ship Inn was pure magic, well done Harry.

The match was unbelievable, fans great, team better. Only just caught the train back up as my timekeeping was strangely out. Must be something to do with all that fresh Atlantic air.

Great party on the train back up, spoiled by a rather baffling attack of sleeping sickness, again I can only put this down to the fresh air. A big thank you to George for the train.

:D :D :party01: