Away Day Venues

But what about Perth, Dundee and what was the name of the pub in Hamilton.

Chambers Bar it was.... A pub close to the Sheriff Court heavily frequented by the great and the good in Hamilton legal circles.

It wasn't quite up to Johnny Foxes very high standards, but it wasn't too bad.

Springfield Vaults ; Brechins ; The Hunting Lodge ; The Bon Accord Golf Club; Athletic Arms ; The Iona ; Alamo Bar

Both the Snug and The Centenary Bar in Dundee are fine.

In the past have just headed to the 208 in Perth - 2 mins walk from the ground, cheap & cheerful. We ended up in there again before the Challenge Cup final because the Tulloch was too full to take any more ICT supporters.

Hopefully we'll get Hibs away first on a nice sunny August afternoon, and can enjoy the Iona's beer garden.

Springfield Vaults ; Brechins ; The Hunting Lodge ; The Bon Accord Golf Club; Athletic Arms ; The Iona ; Alamo Bar

Both the Snug and The Centenary Bar in Dundee are fine.

In the past have just headed to the 208 in Perth - 2 mins walk from the ground, cheap & cheerful. We ended up in there again before the Challenge Cup final because the Tulloch was too full to take any more ICT supporters.

Hopefully we'll get Hibs away first on a nice sunny August afternoon, and can enjoy the Iona's beer garden.

We went into the 208 before Alba cup also, and it was good beer, great food great prices, kids allowed in lounge bar. A lot better than I expected.

Add on Chambers Bar - Jack Daniels (how could I forget that one !!) - prefer the Snug.

Not sure about Perth - had problems in the 208 before - Tulloch Institute is more of a club - any other ideas

The problem with Perth - like Inverness - is that Macdiamid is so out of the way. If you want to take the risk out trying to get enough taxis at quarter to three there are a few decent places in the city centre where the away army could congregate: the Old Ship Inn, in an alleyway off the High St, is a good old traditional pub; the Moncrieffe Arms on Princes St has (or at least used to have) a couple of pool tables; from memory Mucky Mulligan's, an Irish pub on Canal St, also has pool and a decent juke box; and the Twa Tams on Scott St has a beer garden and live music.

Guess Alex M and Yngwie might have the best ideas about where to go, though.

Looking forward to all the great venues again. Prefer the London Road Tavern to the Springfield Vaults on the odd occasions I go to Septic Park. Brechins actually gave their full upstairs lounge to Aberdeen fans a month or so ago. This included a buffet etc due to the large numbers. I am sure we would get the same if there was enough interest. Once the fixtures come out, we can take a look.

I will also miss some of the crackers from this season. It has been great on the SFL tour but only for one season!