FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran captain

caley100

fecking disgrace .

Hopefully Munro takes it well and we see the best of him without the added pressure. As far as captain's go ... I'm sure Foran will be a good leader on and off the park, this was probably one of the conditions on him signing a new contract.

Richie Foran officially the captain... no comment from the man himself though..P & J story

fecking disgrace .

Unfortunately the reputation buttons are not yet enabled. :angry:

Foran is a far better leader on the pitch and will get the rest of the team fired up. Grant is mature enough to realise the team needs the best leader available and if he isn't strong enough to deal with the decision that's all the more reason to pass the captaincy on.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

A good move in my opinion. Foran is a natrual leader, he has shown this throughout the last campaign and i think he is better suited to the pressures of captaincy.

I think without the pressure of being skipper Granty will be a better player of it.

Sensible decision Foran is a inspirational and natural leader. Granty is a pro, but lacks the natural ability to lead. IMHO. Last season it was at many times like having two captains on the park... a situation that potentialy could have caused problems.

I can see what DC's saying tbh... Grant's been captain for a number of seasons and obviously did a grand job last term where we were promoted. I hope that Tel has consent from Munro to make the decision and hopefully he takes it as a positive rather than a negative.

I think this will prove to be a good decision by TB, and I'm quite sure Munro will happily accept it.

Foran played a huge part in helping to generate the commitment the whole team showed in the second half of last season.

Richie Foran officially the captain... no comment from the man himself though..P & J story

fecking disgrace .

To say its a "fecking disgrace" is a bit strong , you are always so negative :angry:

Yes Grant did a fine job, now its time to give someone else a chance & i'm sure Richie will excel

fecking disgrace .

To say its a "fecking disgrace" is a bit strong , you are always so negative :angry:

Yes Grant did a fine job, now its time to give someone else a chance & i'm sure Richie will excel

But I believe it is a feckin disgrace , Grant led the side straight back up and has been with this club since childhood . I find the stripping him of the captaincy as a slap in the face to Grant .

But I believe it is a feckin disgrace , Grant led the side straight back up and has been with this club since childhood . I find the stripping him of the captaincy as a slap in the face to Grant .

Do you have any evidence to suggest that it was "stripped" from Grant Munro? For all we know, he may have given it up.

I find the stripping him of the captaincy as a slap in the face to Grant .

So you feel offended on someone else's behalf?

When have I used the term " offended " ? You can flower it up as much as you want but I find the treatment of such a loyal servant disgraceful .

I don't see what the big deal is, its just an armband, the players are all supposed to be adults and professionals.

Everybody who starts a game has the same responsibility to bring out their best possible performance and to bring out the best from each other, if it was that big a deal then they'd all be wearing captains armbands.

I'd be quite happy to see it being passed between 3-4 players throughout the season, for me theres no reason Foran, Munro, Roscoe, Duncan and probably Esson shouldn't all take turns. It would stop the pressure building on any individual's shoulders as the season goes on, especially if we go on a run of bad results and would likely give a boost to each player as its rotated between them.

But like I say, it shouldnt be that big a deal i nthe first place.

I was sure Id heard this before so I checked back in the archaive and theres a whole thread called NEW CAPTAIN started by SORTED away back on May 10th with the following post:-

Apologies if this is elsewhere but heard Charles on the radio this morning saying we have a new captain for next season. Granty is being replaced by Richie Foran.

Thoughts?

Edited by mainstander

I was sure Id heard this before so I checked back in the archaive and theres a whole thread called NEW CAPTAIN started by SORTED away back on May 10th with the following post:-

Apologies if this is elsewhere but heard Charles on the radio this morning saying we have a new captain for next season. Granty is being replaced by Richie Foran.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are the rumour was true victory.gif

I also think Harry Chibber's probably right about it being offered to Foran as a further enticement to stay.

Plus, crucially, he is a very obvious candidate for the job!

delighted with this news. Foran was captain in all but name last season - he was constantly getting the others pumped up. Grant Munro has been and will continue to be a great servant to the club and I feel he will play better without the burden of captaincy. a win win situation for us.