FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

ICTFCkev

I never liked him, and did meet him a few time, I still think he's a bowbag, but the lad at the back the day that kept calling him a c u next Tuesday really did over egg it, he is the sort of ego trip that would play up to it, fair play to him after when he walked round shaking an hugging all our players tho, there that's me being nice.

• Agree 1

Some loved him and some still hate him (i thought he was a great asset to the team) but i would have him in my first eleven every week, he got bags of abuse today but people are entitled to their opinions, Dougie loves to wind folk up and it looks like it's worked today.

Never mind abusing Imrie, i'm just pissed off that we lost a game which we should be winning - must do better in Leith!!

Everyone who has actually met Imrie face to face has nothing but good things to say.

These fans who were singing about Imrie being a paedophile should wander off and support the old firm. As arrogant as the man is on the pitch, I would still like to have him back in the team.

Not sure I would want him back but the whole paedo chanting business was disgraceful. I fear we may not have heard the last of this matter.

Edited by DJS
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He shook hands with all our guys gave them a friendly hug n went over to Adam n made sure he was alright, ..

Yes he may have done that but after he celebrated in front of the north stand

What a cheek he had, scoring infront of the north stand, we taunted him so he taunted us back... he's always been like that. When it was them he taunted he was a hero... how things change.

I thought some of the abuse Imrie got yesterday was completely unacceptable and disgusting. Can someone tell me what relevance the "paedo" shouts were supposed to have towards him?

He allegedly had sexual shenanigans with a 15 year old girl. No worse than chanting it at Graham Rix or Tony Bullock I'd say.

i liked imre, he was a battler like black was in midfield. i will applaud his name during the line ups but i wish him all the best in his future endeavors....just not against caley though.

I have to admit I agree with you about Imrie but have to admit I find that picture on your posting of the kid with the 2 fingers up quite offensive from someone so young...what does the future hold without decent guidance!!!! Havent seen anything like it since Ibrox...and it wasn't from from a Caley fan!!!!

• Disagree 1

I've just watched the match highlights (lowlights?) on the BBC website. Imrie's goal was a good one. It's a real pity that at arguably the biggest moment of his career, the Challenge Cup final, he messed it up for himself, for the club and us, the fans. I'll never forgive him for wasting that opportunity. For me, he's irrelevant. Thought it was a bit off of him to run towards the North Stand to celebrate too.

I've just watched the match highlights (lowlights?) on the BBC website. Imrie's goal was a good one. It's a real pity that at arguably the biggest moment of his career, the Challenge Cup final, he messed it up for himself, for the club and us, the fans. I'll never forgive him for wasting that opportunity. For me, he's irrelevant. Thought it was a bit off of him to run towards the North Stand to celebrate too.

What opportunity?

My recollection of Imrie's appearance in the Challenge Cup Final, was of him coming on as a sub, almost into stoppage time. He took a flying two-footed lunge at some Dundee non-entity in frustration, and off he went.... It wasn't a major problem - the game was already lost by that time.

i liked imre, he was a battler like black was in midfield. i will applaud his name during the line ups but i wish him all the best in his future endeavors....just not against caley though.

I have to admit I agree with you about Imrie but have to admit I find that picture on your posting of the kid with the 2 fingers up quite offensive from someone so young...what does the future hold without decent guidance!!!! Havent seen anything like it since Ibrox...and it wasn't from from a Caley fan!!!!

Calm yourself mun, its a JOKE !!

We may have won on Saturday if Imrie was still with ICT. He would have played instead of Ross and we'd have adequate cover for Foran with experience. I still think we should have kept him and was surprised at how well we done without him in the team last year. But this may be down to the fact that none of our wingers went out injured. Having Imrie as cover/competition for our wingers would have been an excellent weapon to have this season.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

He would've gone for free at the end of his contract, and we needed to make big cuts in terms of wages so can totally see why we got rid of him.

Don't think butcher was his biggest fan either, always had a feeling there was something 'behind closed doors' about Imrie's fall from First team regular to shunted out, rather than just Hayes being class for us.