FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Estimated Payroll

gutRsnipe

Is there a way to find out player salaries in the SPL and if not, does anyone have an estimate of what the full player payroll is for Caley? My appologies for ignorance, I'm a relatively new fan in Canada who also supports our local club TFC and I wonder how the two teams would compare in cost given that Caley is a much better team.

Wow, if that is true it is a bit shocking. TFC has two players that together make about that and Caley is a far superior team as far as I can see. How do you think Caley would compare to the other NON-old firm teams?

You mean in terms of wages? Pretty much the lowest wage budget in the league I would say. But hey, most of us would play for ICT for nowt :laugh:

Is there a way to find out player salaries in the SPL and if not, does anyone have an estimate of what the full player payroll is for Caley? My appologies for ignorance, I'm a relatively new fan in Canada who also supports our local club TFC and I wonder how the two teams would compare in cost given that Caley is a much better team.

MLS 'owns' player contracts in that league rather than the clubs themselves (who just pay it). The players union publishes salaries on their website twice a year. There is no equivalent in the SPL as the clubs are responsible for contracts. You are referring to JDG and Mista. JDG earns 1.7 mil per year, Mista is just under a million (pro-rated). The rest earn far less .... DeRo = 443K but the likes of Cann @ 65K, and Attakora @ 40K would be well within ICT budget.

Wow, if that is true it is a bit shocking. TFC has two players that together make about that and Caley is a far superior team as far as I can see. How do you think Caley would compare to the other NON-old firm teams?

Being a supporter of both teams, as well as a former season ticket holder at ICT and current season ticket holder at BMO I would have to say that working out who was better from salaries alone is almost impossible. The leagues and the setup is far different, as is the style of play. There are several ICT players who I feel could do well in the MLS and there are a few in MLS that could do well in the SPL - look at Andy Dorman and Maurice Edu as examples.

I guess we will never know until we get a TFC -V- ICT friendly :twothumbsup:

• Agree 1

You mean in terms of wages? Pretty much the lowest wage budget in the league I would say. But hey, most of us would play for ICT for nowt :laugh:

This echoes my sentiments exactly. If I was a professional footballer who had spent my whole career playing in the Premiership and the Champions League and getting 100+ caps for England and earned millions, I would say, in my 30's, "You know what? I want to play for the club I have supported since I was a lad. I don't care if I have to take a ?70,000 a week pay cut, I want to pull on the shirt of Inverness and play my heart out for them." Which 99% of players these days simply would not do.