FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

hypothetical

Tug

tonight's euromillions draw is ?112 000 000 (approximately)

if you were to win would you give any to caley ?

if you did would you expect much in return?

how would you like to see it spent?

would you just look to try and buy your way or actually look to build a solid foundation?

personally i would happily give the club the ?12 million in return for a seat for life..no board role nothing like that..just a seat or 2 for life would do me fine

Fook giving the club money. I'd buy the bught and build a stadium over there.

And would you also pay for the necessary road infrastructure to get the traffic in and out of one of Inverness's most horrendous bottlenecks? Another £40M possibly?

The current road network in that area of town struggles to cope with Highland Council HQ and the Aquadome being in that part of town.

Getting 3500 to 7500 people away from there is a completely different ball game again.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

id say the ?500,000 a year interest for two years could go to the fans to decide on new signings. Invest ?2m in a first class indoor youth academy and id build a new stand on the road side with free entry for any child for ten years (?10 per child, say 20 games a season, 5000 seater stand means a total contribution of 10m over 10 years, stand to cost an additional ?6m). Upgrade the end stands for ?12m. Free transport to away days 1m allowance for any period of time. A PR team cherrypicked from Nike, Macdonalds and the BBC to raise the profile of the club. A highly paid job for players such as Barry Wilson, Steve Paterson etc who have served the club so well.

So that leaves me with about ?78m to find something else worthwhile spending on.

Id build a flume going from my new house to the new 'Highland Stronghold Stadium' too. And id have a new pie stall with a rolling conveyorbelt going round the ground. Any id pay Jimmy Calder to save penalties. And id have a great big batman like sign over to dingwall way with the score if were winning. Id also invest in allowing standing at grounds too - also Id bribe the fa into a new league structure which the fans would choose.

ok thats me done. and broke.

• Agree 1

always thought about what you would do and if you would give the club money. if i won the ?112m i would give the club the ?12m with the instruction that they use about ?1.5m to cover wages/transfers/stadium upgrades etc. giving them free reign might mean they spend it all at onceand end up in trouble.

would maybe give ?5m to build youth academy in inverness with training facilities for first team and to upgrade parts of stadium (namely the road side). embark on a massive PR scheme to get more people to games with free tickets for schools for half a season with them getting discounted tickets the other half so we get additional fans and more income

I'd underwrite the Supporters Trusts purchase of all available shares, be they unissued or those willing to sell on the agreement that they convert the business to a membership business model (one member, one vote). I would then take a 99 year lease from the new business for all non-football property/space at the stadium before flattening the lot and building again from scratch...with a clause that I provide all facilities required for the operation of the club (stands, changing rooms, offices etc etc).

I'd move the whole stadium away from the A9 to give room for development on the West Side. All stands would be built to incorporate offices, 4 corner pods with hospitality suites/boxes and penthouse apartment at the top (North East Corner is mine). Seating levels would be raised with installation of catering facilities underneath at pitchside so people can go get food and/or drink throughout the game without missing any of the action. Disabled access/platforms at the front, middle and back of each stand so wheelchair users can sit just about anywhere they like.

The North carpark would be converted to two level parking with exit/entrance ramps connected to the A9 from the upper level.

South carpark would be converted into an all weather pitch for training and community use and would be served by changing facilities etc incorporated into the South Stand.

I would retain the name of the Kingsmills Suite and to even things out a bit the new Sports Bar would be named the "Howden End". (IHE would be employed as quality control officer.)

The club would retain all advertising rights etc around the stadium and would be free to seek stadium sponsorship for naming rights etc. I would be reluctant to throw money at the playing side of things over and above that which the business was able to sustain in it's own right....in fact I would be tempted to include (if possible) some kind of clause in my agreement to set up all of the above which states that should the club incur debts of more than X amount then all shares which I underwrote the purchase of would revert to me.

• Agree 1

id take over liverpool sell torres, gerrard, carragher and reina

then id them leave them in a pit bottom of the league then take over caley with the money iv made from selling them and get better steward and sign some international player while also been a drago on dragons den investing in reggae reggae sauce and such like :twothumbsup:

Tbh i would be looking out for family and friends before i even think about giving it to Caley.

But i would give them some money, i would get them their own facilities for training and youth developement and a bit of extra cash for new players and wages.

Would also give a good amount of it to charity.

• Agree 1

Fook giving the club money. I'd buy the bught and build a stadium over there.

And would you also pay for the necessary road infrastructure to get the traffic in and out of one of Inverness's most horrendous bottlenecks? Another ?40M possibly?

The current road network in that area of town struggles to cope with Highland Council HQ and the Aquadome being in that part of town.

Getting 3500 to 7500 people away from there is a completely different ball game again.

No, I'd get the train from Waverley and walk from Inverness railway station.

• Agree 1

I'd only give 1.5 million to caley

So what would you do with the ?110.5 million you would have left over?

Give some to scottish charities.

Keep money for myself

It wouldn't be good for the club to get too much money

i'd give them ?5m up front to develop the stadium and team as they see fit.

i'd also put ?100m into a high interest account and every year for the next 5 i'd give the interest straight over.

the idea being get the team and stadium up to a decent level and hopefully attract the 'stayaway' fans and persuade the next generation that it isnt always about Rangers and Celtic.

this gives gthe project a life cycle of 5 years. if it fails, they know when it ends and have suitable time to downscale back to sufficient levels. if its a success, the additional fans would, in theory, make up for te loss of the additional cash injections.

if not i'd buy ross county and turn them into a feeder / reserve club for us :nanananana:

i'd also put ?100m into a high interest account and every year for the next 5 i'd give the interest straight over.

Was on the news yesterday that if you put the Jackpot winnings in a high intrest account, you would get ?8500 intrest...PER DAY....so...if you did what you were saying, your looking at about ?15.5M investment over the next 5 yrs!

Id probably create ICT TV and transmit globally, bringing our team to the masses, have games shown all week, from all youth levels up. And I would invest the rest in a high interest account to cover my own expenses as well as the clubs wages. Building the club a new home probably around Inshes, with all the facilities Terry would want.

Create a culture around the club that makes it a place players and fans want to be part of, and maybe tie up a deal with a brother club like Barca, where they could take some of our players for experience!