FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derek Adams

ictchris

Not content with battering his own players, blaming the wind for being pumped by the champions and racking up a world record standard of touchline bans, Derek Adams reacted to his relegation threatened sides latest defeat by letting rip with a hilarious outburst at Scottish football's conspiracy against him and valient, football-playing heroes Ross County FC.

I'm disappointed we've lost a goal in the last minute but it's the manner in how we lost.

There's a huge problem up here it needs to be addressed.

I'm told the winning goal was offside and there were two red cards the referee hasn't seen. Two Raith player lashed out and it's not on.

Then Steven Craig was pulled back for a free-kick when he's clean in on goal. It's outrageous these decisions are not going for us and things need to be looked at.

It's disgraceful what's happening to our club just now. There are people looking after other people.

I've been punished so many times but I've seen other teams not being punished and I see other people not being punished. The SFA need to have a look at themselves.

Man having nervous breakdown

tinfoil-hat.jpg

Touch of sour grapes there but I do agree with his very last statement. The SFA does need to take a long hard look at whats happening in the game. Our standard of referee is atrocious. There is absolutely no consistency and each ref seems to have a different interpretation of the rules.

The SFA does need to take a long hard look at whats happening in the game. Our standard of referee is atrocious. There is absolutely no consistency and each ref seems to have a different interpretation of the rules.

Want to borrow some MLS refs ??? They make some of the Scottish ones look like Collina !!!

Scottish refs are not that bad. At all. Unfortunetly too many people are just too quick to blame the refs.

I have consistently seen poorer standards of refereeing in international games than in Scotland.

Adams (and Neil f***in Lennon) should learn to act with some dignity.

• Agree 1

I think refs get a hard time to be honest. How many times have you seen mutli camera analysis on tv, and the pundits still cant make a call. refs have a split second to make a decision. I would say however...there are some who seem to be intimidated into decisions by crowds, which is not acceptable.

On a side note....am thouroghly enjoying watching Adams ship sink and all the tantrums that come with it :twothumbsup:

Definitely looks like he is touting himself for the next Celtic job.

He seems to think everyone is out to get him and no doubt the 'establishment' are conspiring to cheat them out of points.

About time the SFA did something about managers continually abusing referees and questioning every decision that doesnt go their way. There are always going to be mistakes as referees cannot be everywhere at all times. If the abuse continues we are going to end up with too few young referees coming into the game and not enough to officiate regular games

• 2 weeks later...

As someone mentioned Collina...

I don't know why he and other continental refs are so lauded. Every time a player gets even vaguely hassled for the ball, down they go like a pack of spuds. They've not been fouled or even harshly tackled. Yet, every time, a continental ref will give the decision against the player trying to get the ball. It's made diving acceptable and the game pretty much a non-contact sport. Give me a Scottish ref - crap though they are (prefer English refs but keep it quiet) - over these over picky stop/start European whistlers.

• Agree 1

Think Collina is an exception though .... Widely regarded as the World's best referee, he was voted as such 6 years in a row by the International Football Federation (1998-2003). In the results for the last 25 years he sits at the top followed closely by Markus Merk and Kim Milton Nielson.

I do however agree about the general standard .... Give me a ref like Willie Young any day ... one who knows its a contact sport and just tells you to get on with it.

Not sure it is all the refs faults though !!! Over and above the pressure heaped on them by fans, players and managers, they are also assessed, marked and graded into a state where they are sometimes scared to let common sense prevail. Gone are the days where a ref could let the game flow.

For the last 4 years I have been forced to watch MLS and CONCACAF refs and let me just say that these guys do make Scottish refs look like superstars. MLS refs are somewhat inconsistent and you have them making bad decisions on both ends of the scale. CONCACAF refs (those used in the CONCACAF Champions League) are at best very bad, and at worst, allegedly corrupt in some cases.