FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Away support more loyal than home

Nigel

Firstly I never said I had a lot of money, quite the opposite & I never said I was better than any fan.

Anyone reading my post should have enough intelligence to see that I am clearing playing 'devil's advocate' by simply asking the question.

People who have stated that they are giving the club more money should also take into account the large payments from TV, Sky ESPN etc & the SPL, small clubs do not survive on home gate money only.

People should ask why we play so much better away from home ?

The abuse Eric Odihiambo gets from our home fans is appalling. - I did not notice any ICT fans giving him abuse when he scored in the 81st minute at Ibrox on 30th Oct last year.

If some people here think that being a fan consists of supporting the club financially by only going to home games then you keep believing your own truth.

I happen to think it means a bit more than that, for example travelling to Parkhead for a midweek evening game and still singing after Celtic have scored their 6th goal, knowing that you won't be home until 2:30 am and still having to get up at 6:00 am to go to work.

Also I am in debt following ICT, I am still paying for some of last years tickets.

My main point is; If you do have the time and some money or credit available and a spare day and you still do not want to support your team away from home: why ?

We need more fans at away games, If I have made even one person consider going to an away game for the first time then I would be happy.

As a season ticket holder along with the missus we make all the home games, we went to a gd number of away games when we were in the 1st Div as it was a bit more affordable. I would love to go to away games now that we are back in the SPL. However wee things like our mortgage and saving for the arrival of our wee one in March get in the way. We used to mostly make only away games cos we lived in Weegieland, but now we live back in Sneck things are different. In a nutshell everyone's curcumstances are different and people should not be judged on what games they attend. Conversely I'm sure there are those out there who would love to buy a season ticket but cannot afford it, work on Saturdays etc, so just make some home games, does this make them any 'less' of a supporter?

IMO the only supporters that are irratating are those who seem to perversly take great glee in the team playing badly and take every opportunity to criticise or shout abuse at the players/management. :thumbdown:

NIgel if you would like to leave your bank account detals I (and others I'm sure) would be more than happy to take out a reasonable amount so we could follow ICT on the road.

Now stop with the :bullshit: and be happy to follow :ictscarf:

Firstly I never said I had a lot of money, quite the opposite & I never said I was better than any fan.

Anyone reading my post should have enough intelligence to see that I am clearing playing 'devil's advocate' by simply asking the question.

People who have stated that they are giving the club more money should also take into account the large payments from TV, Sky ESPN etc & the SPL, small clubs do not survive on home gate money only.

People should ask why we play so much better away from home ?

The abuse Eric Odihiambo gets from our home fans is appalling. - I did not notice any ICT fans giving him abuse when he scored in the 81st minute at Ibrox on 30th Oct last year.

If some people here think that being a fan consists of supporting the club financially by only going to home games then you keep believing your own truth.

I happen to think it means a bit more than that, for example travelling to Parkhead for a midweek evening game and still singing after Celtic have scored their 6th goal, knowing that you won't be home until 2:30 am and still having to get up at 6:00 am to go to work.

Also I am in debt following ICT, I am still paying for some of last years tickets.

My main point is; If you do have the time and some money or credit available and a spare day and you still do not want to support your team away from home: why ?

We need more fans at away games, If I have made even one person consider going to an away game for the first time then I would be happy.

As a season ticket holder along with the missus we make all the home games, we went to a gd number of away games when we were in the 1st Div as it was a bit more affordable. I would love to go to away games now that we are back in the SPL. However wee things like our mortgage and saving for the arrival of our wee one in March get in the way. We used to mostly make only away games cos we lived in Weegieland, but now we live back in Sneck things are different. In a nutshell everyone's curcumstances are different and people should not be judged on what games they attend. Conversely I'm sure there are those out there who would love to buy a season ticket but cannot afford it, work on Saturdays etc, so just make some home games, does this make them any 'less' of a supporter?

IMO the only supporters that are irratating are those who seem to perversly take great glee in the team playing badly and take every opportunity to criticise or shout abuse at the players/management. :thumbdown:

NIgel if you would like to leave your bank account detals I (and others I'm sure) would be more than happy to take out a reasonable amount so we could follow ICT on the road.

Now stop with the :bullshit: and be happy to follow :ictscarf:

Firstly I never said I had a lot of money, quite the opposite - I never said u had plenty money, I was just trying to get you to realise that everyones situation is different.

I never said I was better than any fan / Anyone reading my post should have enough intelligence to see that I am clearing playing 'devil's advocate' by simply asking the question. - If you want to play devil's edvocate then be prepared for some people to disagree. However your OP was not such a question, it implied, in my view that supporters who travel (such as yourself) are more loyal. It also seemed to imply that people who did not travel were some kind of away game refusniks, which again, in my experience is not the case.

Also I am in debt following ICT, I am still paying for some of last years tickets - OK, thats your choice, personally I would not put myself in debt to watch Football as much as I love it I have other more pressing financial commitments.

My main point is; If you do have the time and some money or credit available and a spare day and you still do not want to support your team away from home: why ? - That's perhaps a more sensible (devils advocate) question as at least it's not implying that one set of fans are more 'loyal' than another.

Nigel,

Many of our fans who live in Inverness are ordinary working class people with families, rent / mortgage and all the other bills to pay. Many of them take loans or payment terms to purchase a season tickets They dont normally have travel costs to get to the game so, if they have the day free, will make it along at little further cost. Others have the cost of taking family etc. This all adds up to a lot of outlay in a season. Should they really be expected to, or seen as less loyal if they dont, travel to away games the shortest of which is a 240 mile round trip.

Many of our away support live south of Perth. They are the same working class people as those described above. They may not have season tickets, though I know a few that do, but they will likely have shelled out in other ways to help fund the team. Are they disloyal if they cant make the 240 mile plus round trip to see a home game?

I attend whatever I can whenever I can simply because its a hobby for me and I can afford the outlay. Twelve years ago I could only see ICT if they played at Brockville.

Anyone with a bit of intelligence would not be questioning the loyalty of supporters whatever games they choose to attend.

People should ask why we play so much better away from home

If you fancy taking some time out to read the many previous threads on this very subject you'll find that nobody, not even a few past managers, are able to explain this one. Personally I dont think it has anything to do with home or away support but more to do with us not being able to use the advantage of our own pitch. Ours is too wide.

• Agree 4

True loyalty to me is going home and away and following no matter where, why and irrespective of the outcome.

Peeple can follow loyaly from all over the Globe - Scotty and Gabby get up at all hours to follow :wave:

My view in regard to ICT is that I will be as loyal as I can be and follow whenever I can.

"If ICT lives to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.?

• Agree 2

Everyone on here has made the fine choice of supporting ICT, it's not them you should be getting onto but the people that get in buses every weeekend to go down to Ibrox/Parkhead from Inverness and all over the Highlands.

• Agree 1

This season i have been to every away match and 4 home matches. Some people have been to every home match and no away matches and vice verca. Some people have been to only 1 or matches. Some haven't been able to get to any matches but... who cares?! I don't contribute much money to the club, does that mean I am not very loyal? We all moan about the home atmosphere, but that's the fault of every fan - even the ones (like myself) who only really go to away games. This topic is just nonsense. We're all supporters, we contribute in different ways and do what we can - if it bothers someone then they need to get a life.

Other posters please bare with me to see if Nigel answers the questions to see where I am coming from.

I am a season ticket holder and go to as many away games my a) finances 2)work commitments and 3) my family allow.

Nigel,

1) When did you go to your first ICT game?

2) Home many away games have you been to this season?

3) The season ticket holders you know and ask to go to away games, what reason did they give for not going.

If you are the person I think you are and you answer the questions honestly everyone will see just what a tube you are!!