FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Before the window closes ?

Basically - who is there that can fit the bill for a defender, an experienced midfield "holder" and an out and out striker - who would consider a move to ICT ?

I have my ideas and using the current squad - what about YOU ?

I am reliably informed that some great signings eminate from such threads on club forums.

Would that Simon Mensing be worth looking at? He can play quite a few positions, especially that ball winning holding role. I was quite impressed with him on the occasions I saw him last season.

Mensing is a class player in terms of the job he does. Really gets stuck in and gets on the score sheet on occasions too. He can play holder mid and centre half. As well as right back I believe. I'd take him in a shot.

Mensing would be a great signing but i doubt it will happen.

Now that we have aquired Piermayr we are sorted at right back with Meekings providing decent cover once he is fit. A new center back is a must now. If we have the opportunity i would get 2.

A defensive midfielder would be helpful given Duff wont be back and Cox still out injured. And another striker, if possible one with a decent track record.

Edited by ajsict92

Aye I'd imagine Mensing would be out of our reach. He's worked with Reid at Clyde since we were in the 1st div first time round (barring an unhappy year or two at well). And went back to work with him at Hamilton,where he has thrived.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

Got a couple of players over here from Sheffield. They play with the Victoria Highlanders in Victoria BC.

Max Wragg is a defender 5'10" 165lbs born 29/Jan/1991.

Ash Burbeary is a midfielder 5'11" 168lbs born 29/Nov/1986.

IF anyone from the club want to get in touch they can contact me.

I see a poster on P&B named "Caleyfan" says that Scott Boyd and Darren O'Dea will be coming (the former for an "undisclosed fee" and the other on a season long loan). Doubt either is true. It should also be noted that this is the same poster who posted rumours about Andy Kirk coming, but then claimed he made it up for some weird reason.unsure.gif

• Agree 1

I also see former Dundee youth Kevin Macdonald is still without a club after his release from Burnley. It would be a very ambitious move, especially given he is currently on trial at Sheffield Utd, but well worth a go.

I also see former Dundee youth Kevin Macdonald is still without a club after his release from Burnley. It would be a very ambitious move, especially given he is currently on trial at Sheffield Utd, but well worth a go.

Im sure i read somewhere that he was keen to stay in England but i completely agree with you, an ambitious target but would be well worth it

Boyd would be a decent signing, O'Dea would be a terrific signing but neither will probably come here.

In terms of numbers id say we ideally need to bring in another 4 or 5.

A few players down south i noticed are available.

Alan O'Brien - ex Newcastle United and Hibs. Pacey winger and can play on either side. If Doran or Hayes get injured we are rather thin on the ground for width. A. Shinnie and Sutherland are not wingers.

Vincent Pericard - much travelled striker across the football league. Seen him play a few times on sky sports and always struck me as quite a talented player, heard he was training with Kilmarnock during Pre Season.

Izzy Iriekpen - Used to be Swansea City's captain in League 1. Left Hamilton after failing to settle there and has since struggled to settle elsewhere. We are well renowned for getting players back to their best and he is an experienced center half, something we need.

Izzy Iriekpen - Used to be Swansea City's captain in League 1. Left Hamilton after failing to settle there and has since struggled to settle elsewhere. We are well renowned for getting players back to their best and he is an experienced center half, something we need.

He couldn't settle at Hamilton due to family reasons so I doubt he could do that here.

If we (somehow) signed Leigh Griffiths I would wet myself with excitement.

Edited by RiG

Yeh i remembered he couldnt settle for something specific, couldnt remember what it was.

But in saying that given his current situation he may be prepared to make the treck North in order to get a wage.

I'm afraid RiG tht this is wot was being said in the rumour mill on BBC yesterday,

"Former Dundee striker Leigh Griffiths will be sent on a season-long loan by Wolves, but a return to Scottish football is not manager Mick McCarthy's preference. (the Sun)"

So doesn't look too promising for any team up here. :-(