FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotty

Positives = Third clean sheet in a row AND stretching our lead over bottom two!

Oh.....AND stretching our unbeaten run. Still, shame we couldnt knick full points, as we would have been sitting in 7th place.

Terry just confirmed on the radio that Lee Cox is on his way, a fee has been agreed with Swindon. Personally I think it's a shame as I genuinly believe he had a lot of potential and wanted him to stay a bit longer but money talks, lets hope we get a decent fee for him if the deal is concluded.

I haven't read the rest of the posts today but getting over the disappointment of not winning a game which sounded like we were the better with more chances it is good that we have stretched the unbeaten run, kept another clean sheet and sounded like we were better overall than St Mirren. I suppose it shows that we are progressing this season when we are sitting disappointed not to be winning a game like todays where a few months ago a draw would have been a great result.

We were absolutely honking in the first half - if we strung more than two passes together even once, then I didn't see it. I lost count of the number of times Foran, Tansey and Proctor gave the ball away cheaply. Their keeper, who could have spent the opening 45 minutes drinking coffee and reading a newspaper, must have got a bit of a shock when we came out second half and created enough chances to win it. Gnakpa's effort off the post was incredibly unlucky; the misses by Tansey, Tade and Ross were just poor. That said, St Mirren had chances too, mostly because of horrendous mistakes from our players.

If you'd offered me 4 points from the last 2 games ten days ago then I would have taken it; to be honest, today we were nowhere near the level we were playing at last week and a 0-0 was a fair reflection of both the parity and the quality on show today.

Anyone who paid £20+ for a ticket for that must feel like a right prat.

At least they got the MOTM right for once - Gillet was easily our best player. Rossco also did well today, I thought. Gnakpa gave us a real lift when he came on; Tade had his poorest match for a long time today and I wonder whether he might be replaced for the Celtic game by his fellow Frenchman.

• Agree 2

Gnakpa was brilliant when he came on and was unlucky not to score. Nick Ross on the other hand made an absolutely astonishing clearance from under the St Mirren bar. That has to be the miss of the season century. First half was awful. Second half we should have scored three or four. Still, clean sheet again and Gnakpa looking good at everything.

Here's an interesting statistic. This appears to be Caley Thistle's first goalless draw at home since 1st February 2009 - Terry Butcher's and Maurice Malpas' debut game at home to Celtic. Yesterday was the management duo's third anniversary in Inverness.

Except for the 0-0 against Ayr in Aug 09. But in SPL I think you are correct

First half was awful, end of.

Second half...not sure what Terry said at HT, but we started off the second half far better. Tade missed an absolute sitter after a great cross from Hayes. Tansey was then a little unfortunate that his shot went inches past the wrong side of the post after some neat build up play. Gnapka looked excellent when he came on, big and strong, and was really unlucky not to score when his shot screwed back across the line after hitting the post. In saying that, he doesn't seem to like chasing the ball down! Worse miss of all was Ross's....would've been an excellent clearance if it'd been up the other end, but he somehow managed to miss from a couple of yards. Two points dropped imo. Gillet was outstanding, and fully deserved his motm.

Would like to see the two new boys start in place of Sutherland and Tade next time out.

Edited by davieB

Talking of statistics that is 352 minutes without conceding a goal in the SPL (O'Connor's free kick being the last). Any stattos know what the record is?

A quick look at our SPL record and i found we went 350 mins without conceding against SPL opposition games were...

Inverness 1-1 Celtic 18 Dec 2005

Inverness 2-0 Hibs

Aberdeen 0-0 Inverness

Inverness 3-0 Livingston

Falkirk 1-4 Inverness 21 Jan 2006

Not quite 352 but almost

Found a better record and surely this one is the official record. Bottom 6 of the SPL last 5 matches we never conceded and won all games.

Livingston 2-1 Inverness 08 April 2006 ( last goal conceded 81 mins)

Motherwell 0-1 Inverness

Inverness 1-0 Dundee Utd

Livingston 0-1 Inverness

Inverness 2-0 Falkirk

Dunfermline 0-1 Inverness 06 May 2006

Found a better record and surely this one is the official record. Bottom 6 of the SPL last 5 matches we never conceded and won all games.

Motherwell 0-1 Inverness

Inverness 1-0 Dundee Utd

Livingston 0-1 Inverness

Inverness 2-0 Falkirk

If you expand that into the following season friendlies then we won the first two without reply then lost to Peterhead. Dont know when Peterhead scored in that match but I reckon it at 571 hrs +

Today, Just lulling Celtic into a false sense of security!

The draw very acceptable. We are still on our way, we certainly have the guns and ammunition to make Terry's prediction of some team in for a hiding not very far off now.

The blitz on target is coming very soon.

Motherwell 0-1 Inverness

Inverness 1-0 Dundee Utd

Livingston 0-1 Inverness

Inverness 2-0 Falkirk

And in the first SPL game of 2006/07 against St Mirren we conceded after 55 minutes. So the record is 514 minutes then. 162 minutes to go!

7 games unbeaten and 3 clean sheets. Really pleased with our recent form but we shouldve won today.

Gnakpa endeared himself today with some great runs and a lovely shot that proved to almost be the winner when it hit the post. Cant have to many complaints. We didnt really look like scoring but at the same time we never really looked like losing the game. Tade and Ross also spurned some great opportunities to put us ahead.

Hoping Williams will be back next week and wouldnt mind seeing Gnakpa get a start. Bring on the Celts.