FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT squad 2012-13

intensive fitness reigimes come at a risk as does everything.

footballers have to be so fit these days that they have to push their body to the limit, this is why alot of youths dont make it and get injured, because the training is too much for them.

Seems to me it shouldn't if it isn't a one size fits all set up....if it is, then of course you are going to have some players with weaknesses which will be exacerbated by techniques which do not help their specific problems.

Bearing in mind that I know sod all re football...and have not been at many matches over the piece in the last few years, I have never been overly impressed at the warm-up/stretching exercises the subs periodically do. They seem to me to be half-hearted and the minimum required. At Buckie the other night, the players before the second half spent more time wandering about and chatting than anything else and repetitions of any mobility exercises were conspicuous by their absence (imo).

But I have the problem that in the mid/late sixties, which was the last time I understood and really appreciated football , which, frankly, imo, has become as regimented in the money-making echelons into uselessness, just as nursing, etc has over the years with the insertion of "career opportunities and expectations" and "degrees", has trashed the NHS, there was no gym..or the same intensive training. My almost-ex used to keep his fitness for Highland League up by running the sand-dunes at Findhorn during the off-season and periodically during the season if we happened to be down with the kids.

Never quite got my head round the idea that in the last forty years it takes more intensive stamina and fitness training to last the same length of time doing much the same thing as players used to manage without it.....bar the fact that a whole lucrative industry appears to have grown up to make money from "training" players specially to last 90 minutes, or getting their heads right so they mentally can last 90 minutes, or other variations on an "I see a possible problem and I have a solution which will cost you....and I guarantee I will find a problem if you let me loose among your squad". :shrug:

Come on folks - say you went to a dog kennels to buy a pedigree. Would you go for the one with the fully signed off health check or the one who has suffered two broken legs in the past and needs to be limited in regrad to exercise.

If I could afford the fit pedigree I would obviously get him. If not i don't think I'd take the chance on the cheaper injury prone dogs, maybe just give my puppies a chance.
  • Agree 1

Terrys column in todays Press and Journal gives a small update on our squad rebuilding process, he says that our budget has been affected by the announcements of last week and that while he wants to add Simon King to the squad that will be it. He also says that he plans to run with a squad of 18 for next season, supplemented by youngsters from the U20 squad. Going to be a long season i think

Terrys column in todays Press and Journal gives a small update on our squad rebuilding process, he says that our budget has been affected by the announcements of last week and that while he wants to add Simon King to the squad that will be it. He also says that he plans to run with a squad of 18 for next season, supplemented by youngsters from the U20 squad. Going to be a long season i think

May well be but I sense others may be in a lot worse shape come the season kick-off

May well be but I sense others may be in a lot worse shape come the season kick-off

I certainly hope others are fielding such inexperienced and small squads, this season is going to be a real dog eat dog battle to stay up.

I'm glad we are signing / hoping to sign Simon King. I was impressed with him at Helgin. I think going with youngsters to fill the gaps is the only thing we can do. Finances of the Scottish game have dictated who Butcher can and cannot sign. This is it. If Simon King is added to the squad then we have our squad complete for the new season. It's time for the youngsters to make their mark - not just at our club, but at every club. Lets get behind every single one of our lads. They need our support! :ictscarf:

• Agree 4

Terrys column in todays Press and Journal gives a small update on our squad rebuilding process, he says that our budget has been affected by the announcements of last week and that while he wants to add Simon King to the squad that will be it.

Good to hear that we will be in a position to sign another defender but where are the goals going to come from? In our relegation season our top scorer got 5 goals, and I'm not convinced Mackay will do any better than that.

In some ways is that not what some posters were calling for in the first place. Personally I feel that this was to be expected on the back of the Newco situation and, as I alluded to on another thread, the Board Meeting was probably as much to do with this as anything else. Again personally I feel that it could have been announced sooner or at least the potential knock on effect of the newco passed on to the club.

And if more managers and chairman start making comments like this, especially from the realms of the SPL, then it will heap major pressure on the SFA, Regan and Doncaster.

But wouldnt it be nice if all this Club 12 and where the Newco plays was done and dusted and we could return to the fitba.

Goalkeepers

1. Ryan Esson

2. Antonio Reguero

3. Ed Baldy/Scott Mathieson

Defence

4. Josh Meekings

5. Gary Warren

6. Chris Hogg

7. Graeme Shinnie

8. David Raven

9. Simon King

10. Tommy Cooper

Midfield

11. Nick Ross

12. Andrew Shinnie

13. Martin Laing

14. Aaron Doran

15. Owain-Tudur Jones

16. Gavin Morrison

17. Ritchie Foran

18. Ross Draper

19. Liam Polworth

Strikers

20. Shane Sutherland

21. Billy McKay

22. Jason Oswell

23. Connor Pepper

24. Ryan Watson

In my personal opinion, taking in to account all the circumstances, this is now as good as we are going to get. It does have a mix of experience, potential, local yoof as called for. Lets hope that we play feckin football this season as well. The only major concern is that it is a squad filled with injury prone individuals and that also means that our discipline this season has also got to be regarded as a major issue.

Just got to hope that we dont have the same injury problems as last year.

Have to say i am eager to see how are younger players get on in the SPL, there is certainly potential there so hopefully they can adapt quickly and push on to make an impact

I wonder out of all the loan signings we had last year were we responsible for any % of their wages or if it was a deal whereby we didnt pay anything but in return gave the loanee much needed experience?

I think it is very rare to get a loanee for free.

If thats the case then it makes a mockery out of signing Winnal and Chippendale last year.

They were used less than sparingly so it begs the question was it worth signing them on loan. I dont mean from a quality point of view, because i thought Winnal would have done a job if he had a run in the team, i just mean from an initial signing requirement and financil outlay

I wonder out of all the loan signings we had last year were we responsible for any % of their wages or if it was a deal whereby we didnt pay anything but in return gave the loanee much needed experience?

No such thing as a free LAUNCH !!

Guest Mahonio

How will we be running on a "squad of 18" when IHE has us on 24 players :O :O?

I would be in favour of giving our Youngsters some game time, even if its off the bench :) :).

How will we be running on a "squad of 18" when IHE has us on 24 players :O :O?

I would be in favour of giving our Youngsters some game time, even if its off the bench :) :).

Think what was meant was 18 seniors and 6 young uns

It does look like that might in fact be it. As the article states that if a deal can be agreed with Simon King then that will be the last new face in before the season starts....

Warren is still out but Tudor-Jones may make an appearance in one of the next two games....if there is any doubt over his fitness I don't think he should be risked as we do not want a repeat of last season so early :ponder:

http://www.inverness...h-ICT-squad.htm

As that other Scotsman once said 'You don't win anything with kids' - well let's just see what happens....and I for one hope he's proved wrong again :wink:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back
  • Agree 1