FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes Aberdeen FC Official (Maybe)

Donview

Paw broon is on Real radio and is suggesting that Hayes will not be going to Aberdeen and is more likely to be going back down South, Could be a smoke screen but you never know.

Just to keep this updated. Read this today...

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown’s number one target Jonny Hayes has been offered a two-year contract at Pittodrie.

The 24-year-old Irish attacker, who has also been offered a new two-year deal by Caley Thistle, held contract talks with Brown and Dons chief executive Duncan Fraser yesterday.

Aberdeen have also been given the go-ahead to open contract talks with Nigel Hasselbaink after the Dutch attacker rejected an offer from St Mirren.

http://www.pressandj...le.aspx/2773715

Just to keep you updated - ignore any Aberdeen FC transfer related story in the P&J because it will almost certainly be made up shïte by their hacks.

Lets face it - if I was his agent - I would be looking at Divison 1 or the Championship. However I would be trying to encourage him to take on another year contract at ICT as he has to prove himself to a more worthy suitor than Aberdeen about his fitness and his attitude, plus we all know his potential but he only showed it in flashes last season.

I very much doubt he will go to Aberdeen. He will leave though, but to England is more likely.

He has been great for us, when he hasn't been injured, so good luck to him...as long as he isn't in the SPL.

So you are happy with the quality of the SPL then? You want the best players to leave? This perochial attitude is part of the reason why Scottish football is so low.

I very much doubt he will go to Aberdeen. He will leave though, but to England is more likely.

He has been great for us, when he hasn't been injured, so good luck to him...as long as he isn't in the SPL.

So you are happy with the quality of the SPL then? You want the best players to leave? This perochial attitude is part of the reason why Scottish football is so low.

I'd imagine it's because he doesn't want him at a rival team and inevitably damage us next season as opposed to a parochial attitude?

• Agree 3

Dons are desperate to offload Fyvie down south and get cash this summer instead of waiting til Jan when his contract is up. They would be using that money to offer good salaries and probably see Hayes as an ideal candidate.

Jonny should stay IMO, if he looks around at players like Cowie & Robson they have all left ICT to bigger and better clubs where they win things or play at a high level, if he stays for another year then he could move to a better club than currently on the table. This season he missed a lot of games through injury, a full season and he will be a much more sought after player.

Ive heard that Hartlepool are showing interest now, Neale Cooper is managing there now so probably trying to do County a favour by signing one of our better players :tongueincheek:

I dont think Hayes is going to be short on offers

Yeah all over the backpage of the P&J in Aberdeen about him signing. Very disapointed if thats the case - over the last few years the Dons have shown to be a team in decline and all their talented young players leave. Really thought he could stay another year and free from injury have signed for a bigger (better) SPL club or even gone to Championship down south.