FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

STV:

Doncaster Rovers have asked Inverness Caledonian Thistle for permission to speak to manager Terry Butcher about the vacancy at the Keepmoat Stadium, STV has learned.

By Paul Goodwin Doncaster Rovers

Published on Tuesday 8 January 2013 06:50

NORTH of the border based bosses Steve Lomas and Terry Butcher have emerged as early candidates to replace Dean Saunders in the Doncaster Rovers hot seat.

If you look at this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20934863

which went up at 10:28 last night (Monday) it says

Cameron also told BBC Scotland that there has been no approach from Doncaster Rovers for Butcher.

Edited by mainstander

Not wanting to sound obsessed with Bookmakers' odds but they are usually a good gauge. These guys have sources - after all it's their business and livelihood. You never see a poor bookie (unless of course you happen to be a small Turf Accountant in Fort William and a horse called Ben Nevis wins the National!)

Anyway, the odds are moving favourably...8/13 now on Butcher for Barnsley (approx 62% chance of leaving). But significantly, Micky Mellon's odds have been massively cut. He's a Paisley born manager who guided Fleetwood Town from obscurity into the Football League before being sacked prematurely last month.

Not wanting to sound obsessed with Bookmakers' odds but they are usually a good gauge. These guys have sources - after all it's their business and livelihood. You never see a poor bookie (unless of course you happen to be a small Turf Accountant in Fort William and a horse called Ben Nevis wins the National!)Anyway, the odds are moving favourably...8/13 now on Butcher for Barnsley (approx 62% chance of leaving). But significantly, Micky Mellon's odds have been massively cut. He's a Paisley born manager who guided Fleetwood Town from obscurity into the Football League before being sacked prematurely last month.
The odds on Terry are lengthening now. Surely the compensation aspect of things will be a factor?

Rumour mongers on Twitter have him going and compensation has been agreed.   time will tell

Fourth Official@FourthOfficial_

Terry Butcher is expected to be announced as the new manager of Barnsley, compensation has been agreed between the clubs

Rumours going round that compensation between Barnsley and ICT has been agreed.

Sounds like Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas have left the building.  :sad:

Source ?

Just the general social networks (I know I know!)!

Hence the reason I said "rumours"!

Edited by Renegade

Better managers have left ICT and have been successfully replaced. Onwards and upwards. The compensation will come in useful and if we secure an ambitious young manager his salary will be less than Butcher's maybe freeing up some cash for the club.

• Agree 1

I still remain confident in my assessment of the situation....Butcher is going nowhere.

There ain't much difference between Barnsley and Nowhere !!

Careful, Gatepost will be after you for saying bad things about Barnsley!!!

im not buying the nice guy routine, nor am i putting any stock in his high profile playing career, hes a poor tactician and the majority of his stay in inverness has hardly been spectacular.

hes signed good players and thats about it, obviously the current squad like him and malpas but they can be replaced.

a good shake up will put an end to my fears of complacency.  even if a player or two go, i think we'll still finish the year strong no matter who is in charge.

next season could be another matter lol