FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher to Barnsley? Terry stays put***

RossP

I've got no doubt that butch will leave us. Think he will stay with us as he loves Scotland and he's got us this far in the spl and if he went it would be a terrible thing he did

Fev i believe the man your club is looking for is Derek Adams. He is somewhat familiar with BARNS......

No idea who he is,

Couldn't do any worse than Hill im sure

If we dont get Terry we want his Dog

Terry was all set to sign for you, but I told him if he did I was going to eat the dog.

• Agree 2

Fev i believe the man your club is looking for is Derek Adams. He is somewhat familiar with BARNS......

No idea who he is,

Terry was all set to sign for you, but I told him if he did I was going to eat the dog.

How certain are you that he's staying (percentage wise)??

No idea who he is,

Depends How much he loves his Dog

No idea who he is,

Not too sure....somewhere between 99 and 101.

• Agree 2

[anorak on]

Just an observation that this topic is onto 15 pages so far, and when the talks resume tomorrow I'm pretty sure it will soon overtake the record of 20 pages for a football thread on this site. That was for the saga of Niculae's departure back in 2008. 2nd place with 18 pages is one in January 2009 about who would be shortlisted to replace Brewster.

[anorak off]

• Agree 2

According to The Sun Terry Butcher never went to Barnsley they came to him BARNSLEY chiefs flew by private jet to Scotland yesterday to interview Terry Butcher about the managerial vacancy at Oakwell.

The Tykes have turned to Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Butcher, 54, after being turned down by ex-Forest boss Sean O’Driscoll. But Caley do not want to lose the former England captain

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4733519/Barnsley-chiefs-flew-by-private-jet-to-interview-Terry-Butcher.html#ixzz2HSit69OO

So the from the above summation (sorry cant access 'the sun' article at work) - Barnsley have publically come out and said they desperately want TB, but he is at best a 2nd choice option. Great PR there by the club and board if thats the case.

• Agree 1

[anorak on]

Just an observation that this topic is onto 15 pages so far, and when the talks resume tomorrow I'm pretty sure it will soon overtake the record of 20 pages for a football thread on this site. That was for the saga of Niculae's departure back in 2008. 2nd place with 18 pages is one in January 2009 about who would be shortlisted to replace Brewster.

[anorak off]

In that case it demonstrates how mellow I have become - as I got barred from both those threads in the end !!

According to The Sun Terry Butcher never went to Barnsley they came to him BARNSLEY chiefs flew by private jet to Scotland yesterday to interview Terry Butcher about the managerial vacancy at Oakwell.

The Tykes have turned to Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager Butcher, 54, after being turned down by ex-Forest boss Sean O’Driscoll. But Caley do not want to lose the former England captain

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4733519/Barnsley-chiefs-flew-by-private-jet-to-interview-Terry-Butcher.html#ixzz2HSit69OO

And does that not only serve to emphasise how much Barnsley want him. That puts TB in a real position of "power" and he will be able to push his demands. That is a narcissists' "heaven".

[anorak on]

[anorak off]

In that case it demonstrates how mellow I have become - as I got barred from both those threads in the end !!

:lol:

Go on, you know you want the hatrick!

[anorak on]

[anorak off]

Doubtful on this occasion - As most are aware Marius was never exactly a fave and never won me over - Brewster as a manager was the worst ICT experience with deja-vu added in - Butcher has more positives than negatives BUT he will be getting both barrels when he signs unless he comes up with a feckin good reason.

[anorak on]

[anorak off]

Doubtful on this occasion - As most are aware Marius was never exactly a fave and never won me over - Brewster as a manager was the worst ICT experience with deja-vu added in - Butcher has more positives than negatives BUT he will be getting both barrels when he signs unless he comes up with a feckin good reason.

You're no fun anymore!  :tongue:

my Barnsley supporting friend mentioned last night that the general consensus amongst fans is that they want someone with a proven record ( in England) which i agree. Not sure TB is Championship manager material yet! Come the end of the season with hopefully a cup final and Euro league place guaranteed will change that!

Why would they fly to Scotland by private jet when Terry was spending the winter break in Ipswich? Other papers (including P&J) nsay Terry travelled from Suffolk to Yorkshire to met them.

my Barnsley supporting friend mentioned last night that the general consensus amongst fans is that they want someone with a proven record ( in England) which i agree. Not sure TB is Championship manager material yet! Come the end of the season with hopefully a cup final and Euro league place guaranteed will change that!

i think chairmen very rarely listen to their fans when selecting new managers.

Barnsleys chairman will be desperate for tb to sign up now to avoid further rejection like so driscoll did

my Barnsley supporting friend mentioned last night that the general consensus amongst fans is that they want someone with a proven record ( in England) which i agree. Not sure TB is Championship manager material yet! Come the end of the season with hopefully a cup final and Euro league place guaranteed will change that!

i think chairmen very rarely listen to their fans when selecting new managers.

Barnsleys chairman will be desperate for tb to sign up now to avoid further rejection like so driscoll did

Agree with that, wouldn't be the best thing for the next manager to know he was 3rd choice 

Why would they fly to Scotland by private jet when Terry was spending the winter break in Ipswich? Other papers (including P&J) nsay Terry travelled from Suffolk to Yorkshire to met them.

Shows how much rubbish is reported in the papers. I find it quite hard to believe the majority of stories I read these days. 

Shows how much rubbish is reported in the papers. I find it quite hard to believe the majority of stories I read these days. 

Did you hear the one about the three little piggies?*

*Neale Cooper sh**ged them all.