FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ryan Stevenson availability for semi.

Guest Mahonio

I see Hearts have scheduled their game with St Mirren for next week meaning Stevenson can play in the semi final.

The sting in the tail... Keep in mind all the tough Caley players he has to get past before he gets anywhere near scoring.

Warren, Meekings ,Shinnie , Tremarco , and Deano.to name but a few .Better the devil we know.....

Edited by izzy

They're understandably well-up for this. St. Mirren more than happy, I'm sure to play them a few days before their semi-final...knowing Hearts will field a team of (even younger) kids!

OK! Hearts have the early lead in the mind-games. But there's another game at Kilmarnock yet before we can think about the semi!

• Agree 1

I don't care whether Stevenson plays or not - our approach to the game doesn't change. Either way, we've got to want it more than Hearts and focus on the job - do these things right and it shouldn't matter who they put in front of us. Don't do them and we don't deserve to win....

• Agree 1

So can they come out of administration in the next week or so, bring in Hartley as manager (no compensation needed) who then signs Skacel and a load of other free agents before the semi?

Don't think there is any chance one that tbh. According to Keith Jackson and go on sportsound last night they will be unable to register players until spfl office opens on 3rd February. Apparently this info comes from the spfl.

If he plays he plays, Foran talking up his chances of being back for the game. Vincent and Draper will be back and a number of the boys will be well up for this after the heartbreak of last season, Hearts may well be motivated for it with nothing else to play for but with a point to prove and last season to make up for so will our boys.

Would this make a difference in the Skacel scenario? I still have a sneaky feeling that he'll be playing on Feb 2nd by hook or by crook... They can't sign him tho as their transfer ban doesn't end till 1st Feb regardless of whether they are in admin or not next week. Apparently won't exit admin till into Feb anyway according to those in the know...

This does really make a mockery of the whole suspension system. When you can juggle your fixtures about so your best players are available for your most important games it becomes a bit farcical. Surely on the Monday after a weekend of games the SPFL should say something along the lines of 'As a result of bookings from the weekend's fixtures, these are the players who are suspended and these are the games for which they are suspended for.' Either way it shouldn't matter too much about our opposition, I am confident we will still approach the game the same way, with the same desire to win.

Would this make a difference in the Skacel scenario? I still have a sneaky feeling that he'll be playing on Feb 2nd by hook or by crook...

If they are out of administration tomorrow (hypothetical) then I would assume they would be able to sign players as normal if the transfer embargo is lifted by the SPFL but reading OCG's post maybe the embargo won't be lifted until the ending date. 

Edited by ICTRoughi

Would this make a difference in the Skacel scenario? I still have a sneaky feeling that he'll be playing on Feb 2nd by hook or by crook... They can't sign him tho as their transfer ban doesn't end till 1st Feb regardless of whether they are in admin or not next week. Apparently won't exit admin till into Feb anyway according to those in the know...

They could sign him via the 'One in One Out' rule I think or they maybe only restricted to U21 - I am not too sure. 

They could sign him via the 'One in One Out' rule I think or they maybe only restricted to U21 - I am not too sure.

It is under 21s till 1st Feb so soonest they could get him registered is 3rd Feb apparently. Foundation of Hearts stating on twitter no deal imminent . To exit admit Hearts would have to go back to court it seems.

Apparently they can only go for the one-in-one out with U21 players UNLESS the SPFL approve an older player (on a case-by-case basis). Tom English on Radio Scotland described this in Skacel's case as "contrary to sporting integrity"....so the SPFL will probably approve it!

Apparently they can only go for the one-in-one out with U21 players UNLESS the SPFL approve an older player (on a case-by-case basis). Tom English on Radio Scotland described this in Skacel's case as "contrary to sporting integrity"....so the SPFL will probably approve it!

Stop being so paranoid ...lol He also said his sources told him that it wouldn't be approved. Think it was Keith Jackson not Tom English that said the sporting integrity part.

For the record I have full confidence in OUR team doing the job properly and think we really should concentrate on getting behind them!

I'm confident - not over confident - but confident. Personally I think we can currently win any game we take part in. Some nice spondooliks were recovered from Mr Hill following Saturday's result.

I am glad we are the favourites as we should be. If we tackle this game with the right attitude and the players/team play to their strengths then we will be ok. Football though as they say is a funny game but I think we're in with a good chance of making our first major final appearance and to be fair with the progress made by the club over the last few seasons it would be thoroughly deserved ;-)

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back
  • Agree 2

This does really make a mockery of the whole suspension system. When you can juggle your fixtures about so your best players are available for your most important games it becomes a bit farcical.

And it is what caused Elgin to be stripped of the Highland League title in 1993.

Hearts have known since October that the game v St Mirren would have to be rescheduled. And all of a sudden it gets rescheduled with only 1 weeks notice. It stinks. If I could think of something Hearts could be stripped of I'd demand that they be stripped of it.