FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust Boxing Night

DJS

The Supporters Trust Boxing Night which was postponed from last year has now been rescheduled for the evening of Friday, February 9th at the New Drumossie Hotel.  This will be an international contest between Scotland and Cyprus.  Tickets are priced at £50 and this includes dinner.

Due to the postponement, some who had originally booked tickets are now unable to come.  Consequently, some seats for this event are now available.  Anybody interested should contact the ICT Supporters Trust on info@ictsupporterstrust.co.uk.

All profits from the evening will be split evenly between the Supporters Trust and ICT Youth & Development.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

300, and if there was room at the Drumossie we could have sold 50 or so more.

It was a really good night with 9 bouts from schoolboy to Superheavyweight.  All the bouts went the distance and a few of them were very close indeed.  Final score was 4-4 with one bout not scored because of the weight difference between the two fighters.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to note that £3000 of the money is being well used. :018:

"The Trust will invest over £3000 of their profits from the evening into purchasing a tractor mounted sprayer for use by the ground staff at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium to keep the pitch in tip-top shape."

Surely this money should be spent on something that the supporters and the community can benefit from and not something that the club itself should be paying for.

A pitch in tip top shape is a requirement for an SPL club and not something that is a nice to have to be funded by charity donations.

I also cannot recall this being mentioned at the AGM, but I can remember discussions about providing gear for the ballboys/girls. Has anything been done about this?

Agree 100% with the last post - will make further comment once I have had a chance to review my transcript from the AGM, but I am certain we were told by the Board that ALL members would be consulted and have the opportunity to comment on spending proposals before monies were distributed.

Their seems to be some very loose interpretation of the constitution going on with regards to what qualifies as community development.

i think its a bit unrealistic to expect every penny spent to be done so with consultation of all members.  the Trust Board are elected by the members and as such are given their authority to act in a fitting manner and that includes spending money raised.

As for the ballboys/girls there has been movement on supplying kit for them.  Given the timescales for getting decent kit, time of year and the number of games left this season it may be the start of next season before they get something but it is coming.

until recently the club did not have this piece of equipment but had to borrow it.  The Trust saw this as a way of helping out the Club and at least it allowed them to use the money they would have had to use on this towards the playing side of things (albeit it's not a fortune).  the Well Trust bought their club treatment tables for the physios to use and other trusts have done similar things.

£7000 of the money raised was given to the Youth and Community side of the club and they will use this to help develope community initiatives.

A donation was given to Inverness Boxing Club to help with their running costs which in ways benefits the community.

The board of the Trust are always open to suggestions from the members as to either what to do with money raised or ideas of how to raise this money and it doesn't need to be at an AGM that the ideas are put forward so feel free.

So the supporters trust have spent money on something that the club already has access to. :024:

Why does the trust not have advertised meetings where expenditure over a certain amount can be voted on.

This would still allow you to buy stamps and also give a voice to the membership.

as the equipment was not owned by the club they would not be guaranteed that they could get the use of it when they needed it.  This way it is theirs and they can use it as they wish.

The Trust Board are elected by the members and as such are given authority to spend money in a way they see fit within the power laid down in the Trust constitution ie 'to work for the footballing and financial success of the Club'.  The Trust can only spend money that it raises.

The Trust is not a Charity.

As a trust member how can I get access to the constitution?

Should it not be on the website.

I would then know what I have agreed to let you do with my (and many others) money.

Minutes would be nice as well.

So the supporters trust have spent money on something that the club already has access to. :024:

Why does the trust not have advertised meetings where expenditure over a certain amount can be voted on.

This would still allow you to buy stamps and also give a voice to the membership.

It's a bit embarassing that a club of our size should be borrowing essential equipment. 

As a trust member how can I get access to the constitution?

Should it not be on the website.

I would then know what I have agreed to let you do with my (and many others) money.

Minutes would be nice as well.

Why did you not stand for election to the board, where you would have had first hand input to discussions and decisions such as these.  I can assure you that the board did have a lengthy discussion regarding this piece of equipment and the decision to assist the club was relevant to the projected profit from the night.  The boxing night was a huge success and will be repeated later in the year.  Absolutely no reason why you couldn't be more involved if you want to.  Make sure you put your name forward this year.

I chose not to stand for election in the first year of the trust, but I felt I could contribute something so I decided to come on board for this year.  We have a few different events happening and a newsletter will be coming out to all members in the near future.  Any questions arising will be welcome.

As Maimie said the Ball boy/girl kit is ongoing and will happen. 

Any other suggestions welcome.