FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Transfer Window approaching.

Guest Shaun

Just read on twitter (taken from STV Sport, tweet by Chris Harvey) that its "loans" that John is looking at to replace Billy with a quote from John saying that "he is not a chequebook manager" so unless Rory Loy is a loan bid, he will be ruled out.

I wouldn't rule it out totally. Rory Loy like Mckay's contract is up at the end of the season. Falkirk may deal at lower price and the money received for Mckay could be put into purchasing Loy.

The loans option would be consistent with the Chairman's mention of contingency plans.  It would also be the only way you could get someone in for the weekend this late in the week.  It may be that there was some agreement with another club for a player to come on loan should Billy leave.  There are a number of English Premier division sides who have very good players who are just not getting a game due to the size of the squads etc.  For instance Balotelli needs some regular game time to prove he is worth a starting slot for Liverpool.  Maybe not quite up to Billy's standard but in these situations you have to take what you can get!

• Agree 2

I wouldn't mind a loan signing plus Atajic on a free contract.

Also, was reading pie and bovril earlier on (nothing compared to CTO, certainly won't be on there browsing again) and saw a suggestion from an Aberdeen fan (an argumentative one!) saying that we could do a swap deal, they get Shinnie now and in return we get Clark Robertson.

I actually liked the Robertson suggestion but would take him next season when Graeme leaves.

With Graeme going to Dons, Robertson isn't going to get games?

Edited by Shaun

Also, was reading pie and bovril earlier on (nothing compared to CTO, certainly won't be on there browsing again) and saw a suggestion from an Aberdeen fan (an argumentative one!) saying that we could do a swap deal, they get Shinnie now and in return we get Clark Robertson.

I actually liked the Robertson suggestion but would take him next season when Graeme leaves.

There is a big reason Aberdeen fans want to get rid of Robertson any way they can. It's because he is a bomb scare and can't defend.

There is a big reason Aberdeen fans want to get rid of Robertson any way they can. It's because he is a bomb scare and can't defend.

P and J and Record don't sound confident of anyone being brought in on time :-(.

Really hope that isn't case because we are in desperate need of a striker or 2!

Shaun, on 30 Jan 2015 - 4:47 PM, said:

P and J and Record don't sound confident of anyone being brought in on time :-(.

We have until late Monday night to get a replacement secured. We also have time after that to get a free agent on loan :ninja:

• Agree 1

We have until late Monday night to get a replacement secured. We also have time after that to get a free agent on loan :ninja:

Only free agent the loan would have to be done in the window

Only free agent the loan would have to be done in the window

I know, the free agent on loan comment was said in jest as its a CTO inside joke with a few posters etc.

Fijians don't eat raisins Roarer? They only touch black currants, as you rightly point out. The reason is that the blue die that comes off in the process make them look fiercer. Like the auld Picts  painting their faces with daub to scare the Romans away.

The current information on file, however, does not point to the hiring of  South Sea Islanders 'cos there would be a commotion of they turned up in grass skirts when Tartan  has been ordered to brighten up the new strip.  Mind you...thinks...the girl fans might like it.

Maybe all the screaming and shouting would arouse too much of the Grapes of Wrath though? :smile:

• Agree 1

I noticed earlier today that Cheltenham released Terry Gornell. Who he?  We tried to sign him in 2011 as the replacement for Adam Rooney, but he turned us down.  Gornell was leaving Accrington at the time, but since then he has been very unprolific at a couple of clubs.  Meanwhile ICT had to make do with some chap called Mckay.

Also noticed that Alloa have loaned in ex-ICT/Falkirk/Dundee misfit Philip Roberts, as well as striker Greg Rutherford from Hartlepool, who a year or so ago someone on here said was about to join ICT.

I noticed earlier today that Cheltenham released Terry Gornell. Who he?  We tried to sign him in 2011 as the replacement for Adam Rooney, but he turned us down.  Gornell was leaving Accrington at the time, but since then he has been very unprolific at a couple of clubs.  Meanwhile ICT had to make do with some chap called Mckay.

Also noticed that Alloa have loaned in ex-ICT/Falkirk/Dundee misfit Philip Roberts, as well as striker Greg Rutherford from Hartlepool, who a year or so ago someone on here said was about to join ICT.

He's went back to Accrington for a third time

Fekin depressing reading about every other spfl teams transfer activity. Time to be toldvexactly how many players we attempted to sign during the window, how many refused our contract terms and how many clubs turned down our offers?

The only time we've ever had a deal of january window activity was to try and stave off relegation and that failed abysmally. It would have been great to have signed another striker but, in all honesty, how long would it have taken him to gel with the team and start to make a difference. Its still possible we could find a free agent but I'd much prefer we utilise what we have and play our strengths to whoever we can put up front. I know Fergie is young but he's been around the first team for a while now and has done a decent job in development league so I think he could well step up and be counted.

• Agree 1

The only time we've ever had a deal of january window activity was to try and stave off relegation and that failed abysmally. It would have been great to have signed another striker but, in all honesty, how long would it have taken him to gel with the team and start to make a difference. Its still possible we could find a free agent but I'd much prefer we utilise what we have and play our strengths to whoever we can put up front. I know Fergie is young but he's been around the first team for a while now and has done a decent job in development league so I think he could well step up and be counted.

Nonsense, all of that,

You know your going to lose your top scorer,

You tell your fanbase you have a contingency plan,

Unexpectedly you receive money for said top scorer,

You buy no one and hope we can limp on until end of season,

And if the southend player that rejected us was the backup plan then thats even worse.

The whole thing stinks, and were lucky we probably have enough points to scrape top 6 because Europe is now certainly out of the question.

And today, well today we'll get all the standard cliche's Hughes can fit into one sentence while the board do the usual of claiming we were priced out etc etc

Maybe am just tired after stayin up too late praying for a striker or maybe am just right

Just read on twitter (taken from STV Sport, tweet by Chris Harvey) that its "loans" that John is looking at to replace Billy with a quote from John saying that "he is not a chequebook manager" so unless Rory Loy is a loan bid, he will be ruled out.

I wouldn't rule it out totally. Rory Loy like Mckay's contract is up at the end of the season. Falkirk may deal at lower price and the money received for Mckay could be put into purchasing Loy.

From Falkirk FC web-site

The Club can confirm they have turned down an improved offer for the services of striker Rory Loy from Hamilton Academical.

Director Ronnie Bateman told the Official Website that they had considered the offer carefully but it was not in line with the Club’s current valuation of the player.

Bateman added, “We also took into consideration the contribution the player might make to our quest for promotion and success in Scottish Cup games.”

For once though some money being spent in the Scottish game between Scottish Clubs....Aberdeen it appears do actually think they are a big club.... :wink:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back