ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Reece McAlear has signed for Tranmere managed by Micky Mellon - so will not be signing for us. Apologies if reported elsewhere.

On the subject of loanees I think it is fair to say these were successful in the last season so the chances are that they will feature again.

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Reece McAlear has signed for Tranmere managed by Micky Mellon - so will not be signing for us. Apologies if reported elsewhere.

On the subject of loanees I think it is fair to say these were successful in the last season so the chances are that they will feature again.

You are a wee bit late reporting Reece McAlear :lol: but you are right that we were successful with our loanees last season and hope it will be the same this coming season.  As STFU has said we need to recruit from within and we have good stock but we will need other additions as Robert says so we have a good mix.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Are we actually going to sign ANYBODY because this waiting is getting on my nerves, every other club are signing players yet we haven't signed ONE yet 🤔.

How do you know what is going on behind the scenes ?

It's only a short time since we knew which division we would be playing in next season.

Have patience and I am sure there will be both permanent and loan signings announced.

In the meantime, we have secured the core of our current squad which surely must be a good thing.

8 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Are we actually going to sign ANYBODY because this waiting is getting on my nerves, every other club are signing players yet we haven't signed ONE yet 🤔.

I hear ya.

We have a Sporting Director who we're told is there to focus on spotting targets for the manager.  If he wasn't lining up options for us to move on for both promotion and non promotion scenarios, then that would have been a dereliction of duty.

Ultimately, it's who we have come kick off on the first competitive match that matters, but being frustrated at the lack of any movement or news of any movement is understandable.

• Agree 1

Don't know anything about either of these guys but Boyd in particular is pretty underwhelming. For a striker his goalscoring record is really poor playing mostly in the lower leagues. 

Boyd scored 5 goals in 13 league games for Alloa, so may have potential with game time:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Boyd

Shaw doesn’t look to have had much game time but hopefully we see something in him, given our need for creative players:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Shaw 

Time will tell, but both strike me as squad players rather than regular starters. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, No Shin Guards said:

I say, that's Robbie Deas away.

Eh what? 🧐 

That came from the Twitter guy, "Fly on the Wall" didn't it because I saw that earlier too and they also say Tumilty is close and one that was right, Gaz Warren to Clach. I also saw on CaleyCentral Insta that Polworth is linked to as he out of the picture at Rugby Park 🤔

Let's see how these pan out but my complaint worked (I knew what I was doing Kingsmills, I do it when watching Tennis too lol, it's called reverse psychology where if I gee someone up then they come good lol).

16 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

None of my mates have heard of Shaw. He looks like a stab in the dark. Boyd however has potential. 

Can I request that no sarcastic comments are made in reply as I can be very easily upset, especially by judgemental administrators 🤣

Shaw is a very exciting young talent. A really aggressive player who has played in one of the toughest leagues, for one of the toughest sides, and finshed third in their table. Boyd ... well lets just say Alloa fans are glad to see the back of him. They said he doesn't like to pass, doesn't score many goals, gets in a huff easily and lets his head drop, and has the odd good game once in a while ... it doesn't bode well.

Fly on the Wall definitely has connections to the club but some of the stuff they've posted is a bit hit and miss. Deas being away is hardly the biggest shock. It would be a tall order for us to keep hold of him though I would obviously be delighted if we did.

Polly coming back seems a lazy rumour though I must admit, even though he seems to have completely lost his after his stellar debut season with Motherwell, we could be the club to rebuild him. And we could do with a number ten behind Mckay.

Other rumours seem to be Pearson coming back which again I wouldn't be disappointed with.

56 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Shaw is a very exciting young talent. A really aggressive player who has played in one of the toughest leagues, for one of the toughest sides, and finshed third in their table. Boyd ... well lets just say Alloa fans are glad to see the back of him. They said he doesn't like to pass, doesn't score many goals, gets in a huff easily and lets his head drop, and has the odd good game once in a while ... it doesn't bode well.

Maybe he was just unhappy there...let's be fair, many of the players that we have signed have not had stellar bio's Samuels for instance was described as, to paraphrase, 'fast but not much end product', but he had a pretty good end of season. Maybe in the right team, with the right coaching?

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Hardly headline grabbing signings, but our club does have a knack of identifying players who have not realised their potential at other clubs and then bringing them on well.  Time will tell if these lads come good too.

10 hours ago, GaliantGrunt said:

That’s exactly what we do well DD

Do we though?

My feeling is that we've only had two managers who've been consistently good at this, and those were Paterson and Butcher.

Others managers have, of course, found players of this nature but it feels more like it's been a numbers game with a lot of misses for each hit.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

Do we though?

My feeling is that we've only had two managers who've been consistently good at this, and those were Paterson and Butcher.

Others managers have, of course, found players of this nature but it feels more like it's been a numbers game with a lot of misses for each hit.

Robertson definitely did well taking some absolute jobbers like Donaldson, White and Chalmers and turning them into good players. Granted he had plenty of misses as well but so did Butcher. 

40 minutes ago, Ritchie Sacramento said:

It'd be lovely to get an actual full back in but it looks like Tumilty will likely be heading to Hartlepool or St Mirren.

So said Mr fly on the wall... The same guy who says his move was agreed in May, think the guy reports on rumours 

I don’t mind signing a few unknowns but if we’re serious about winning this league we need to go out and get a couple established players like we did with Bingham and Wilson in 2003. As for who that may be? I’ll leave that to Robbo again. 

• Agree 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic