FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Player Behaviour

Gabby

The season may well be seven weeks from starting but I'd like to think that just for once we might have tried to assemble our squad prior to commencing pre-season training and the usual raft of meaningless friendlies.  Alas, the silence surrounding the season ahead is deafening.

Dargo and Dods have departed despite Grasser’s repeated threats to smash the club’s wage structure.  Meanwhile Buchanan opts for Partick Thistle, McManus stays at Dunfermline and Mensing heads for Motherwell.  Our playing squad is undoubtedly depleted and there is no sign of anyone arriving to fill the gaps let alone move us forward and avoid a potential relegation dog-fight. 

Moreover, there’s no suggestion of a single decent pre-season friendly which might generate a degree of interest amongst the apathetic sneck public or heaven-forbid generate some positive press coverage in the close season.  The same old Highland League and Division 2/3 sides don’t count I’m afraid.

There’s been nothing official on the pre-season jaunt to Italy nor any announcement on our new sponsorship deal. 

Don’t get me started on the Elton John/Intertoto farce.

But never mind Charlie and Grasser are p.issing about playing Masterchef at Rocpool so all in the world is fine and dandy.

In short the same old amateurish approach that we’ve come to expect.

:019: 

Here Here , i couldnt agree more , well said YMIP  :clapping03:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote Scotty

As far as I am concerned, the following are facts

A player was detained at Rockness.  Not so, a player was interviewed.

That player has been confirmed as Richie Hart. Confirmed by who?

He has not (as far as I am aware) been charged with any offence.It hasn't been ascertained that an offence was committed.

He is innocent until proven guilty. He won't be proved guilty!

anything else is speculation. some of it may be strong speculation but it is speculation nonetheless.

quote Scotty

As far as I am concerned, the following are facts

He has not (as far as I am aware) been charged with any offence.It hasn't been ascertained that an offence was committed.

anything else is speculation. some of it may be strong speculation but it is speculation nonetheless.

Thank You for proving my point !!! that even the facts (as I see them) are unclear !!!

According to TeamTalk, Soccer365, Daily Record and the BBC a player was detained. According to the P&J, a player was questioned. Depends on what you class as detained I suppose. detained briefly at the scene and released pending inquiries possibly ?

His agent, Kevin Drinkell ARTICLE. Today's Courier article also carefully words their coverage .... ARTICLE

True and therefore he has not been charged with any offence (as I said).

and will therefore be innocent (as i said).

What is perfectly clear from this whole saga is that nothing is clear and will not be until the player, the club, and the police decide to comment on the actual facts of the 'incident'.

4th Stand - i think we are fundamentally agreeing with each other here !!! both of us want minimisation in the amount of speculation.  :003:

Being in possession of a substance does not necessarily mean that that substance belongs to you and indeed most definitely does not mean that you use controlled drugs.

This player will be proved innocent.

The facts, as they stand, are that a Ritchie Hart was detained for questioning in relation to allegations of possessing a controlled drug as specified in the schedule attached to the Misuse of Drugs (Scotland) act.

That schedule now lists hundreds of different substances ranging from class A drugs such as herion to class C drugs including cannibas. It is not in the public domain which substance is alleged to have been in his possession and so potentially defamatory to speculate ande no such speculation whether purportedly "informed" or not should be tolerated on this site.

Nor is it true to say that the player has been charged with any 0ffence and he will not be charged until the substance involved has been analysed which, due to the current backlog in the system could take months.

Accordingly, much as it seems to irk some posters, the moderators would be failing in their duty if they didn't delete or amend any posts which , with specific refence to Ritchie Hart, went beyond what is aleady in the public domain.

That should not, however, inhibit free speach on the subject in more general terms.

• 3 weeks later...