FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Open

Heilandee

So,who are you's all rootin for in the open,would love to see a home winner,cannae see past Tiger,but gonna put a few quid on Ernie and a couple on Justin Rose,mebbes 50p each way on Monty.........

watched the final day of the last open at Carnoustie in Gunsmiths with about 20 french students all hootin an roaring " ve win ze world cup soccer, now we win ze world golf cup" as Van de velde went in the Barry burn  :rotflmao: silence followed by sharp exit fae mouthy french students as Paul Lawrie went on to win,great stuff

Don't suppose any of you know where I can look to hear or see The Open on the web. Radio 5 looks like it's going to be 'down' for the next 4 days as they apparently don't have international webcast rights. :017:

I've heard that it might be possible to ahem get TV (or Radio) coverage via the web. Any pointers or help welcome. 

One of the greatest sporting occasions in the world, and you have had one reply.............strewth.

Wanderer if you are still in China, don't know if you can get all the usual links that are on offer in UK. 

BBC sport has live online video broadcasts and radio

Also try theis one The Open

Shaping up for a great weekends viewing, come on Forsyth, it's still a wide open Open as the weather will play havoc with the scoring today, anyone who gets the best of the weather could pick up lots of strokes today and get on the leaderboard.

enjoy

Excellent, I see this world famous event has really captured the imagination of the anything goes board. :sillywave:

The rain is coming make no mistake, this will be an interesting final days play and the scores could well go up in the late afternoon. Don't miss out on this event as there is a lot of water to go under the bridge yet.

:toilet02:

Good to see the Europeans keep the Americans off the top of the leaderboard, but a lot of hard work still to be done.

I hope ye all missed it, one of the most dramatic Opens of recent times.

Four hole play off between Padraig and Sergio, Padraig threw it away on the last hole, in the ditch twice and Sergio went in the bunker, chipped to about seven feet then lipped the hole to win it or rather lipped the hole to lose it :029:

You could not write stuff like this.

Thanks, TM4TJ...never succeeded online but found a bar with ESPN.  It all got a bit hazy after midnight but what a show. Kept having to re-assure the local punters that it is summer in Scotland...

Having been there yesterday (Sunday)- today has a funny feel to it!

The rains came down, the alcoholic intake went up, big screen in front of THE OPEN ARMS started to go slightly blurry and then... the weather cleared - great day watching golf by great players from (sometimes) very close to the action.

The result...mixed feelings, I am so pleased for the winner as he has just stuck it right up Faldo who stated he was 'too nice to be a winner' and Faldo will be his Ryder Cup captain!! The loser(s) well that is Sergio and me..his putt cost me £50  . . it only cost him mega bucks!

Great great day!

i was there for saturday and sunday.unreal.you could not right it.the atmosphere around the place was great.

sergio had it but bottled it,i wanted him to win it so much.but delighted for padraig.what a player rory mcilroy will be.tiger was crap.

just one of the best weekends of my life,watching the worlds greatest golf players.

Just back fae meh holibags, glad to see there are some others wi an interest in the gowf,thought i was the only one along with wanderer when i left,anyways,best open i have ever seen withoot a doubt,made a lot more enjoyable haveing played the course just 4 weeks ago, really makes you appreciate how skilled these guys are,awesome!!! Good to see Tiger take a 4 twice at the 8th where eh got a 2!!!! does that make me a better golfer than him?

anyways went on and watched some of the golf on Thursday at Muirfield with the seniors,course is set up far harder than Carnoustie was,I'd need a barrow full of balls to get round there,should be another good final day the morn......ah well no long till the footy starts again and the angst and sufferin........