FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

scotland

Not a great performance today but the spirit was good and the result was tremendous.

Thought McLeish got his wide players wrong - Teale couldn't cross and didn't hit the bye-line once and McCulloch was anonymous apart from when he came inside as a support striker. Great subs though, and encouraging that he was prepared to change it early (something Brewster could learn from). Both Fletcher and Brown looked inspired at times but must have been getting dragged out of position covering the defence in the second half because Lithuania seemed to get an awful lot of the ball. O'Connor looked pish.

Anyway, Ferguson to come in on Wednesday, presumably, and it would be great to see McFadden start too, but what formation do we play and who should be dropped? 

Never thought I'd say this but I really think we missed ferguson at the weekend. I've never thought he's had an outstanding game for Scotland, but the midfield was all over the place at one point. Teale was absolutely aweful IMO. The penalty was a blessing though - we were really sitting back before that - it was a well needed boot up the arse. If fad match fit?

Never thought I'd say this but I really think we missed ferguson at the weekend. I've never thought he's had an outstanding game for Scotland, but the midfield was all over the place at one point.

Guess you didn't see the first game of the season against Rangers when Ferguson destroyed ICT - scoring a couple of terrific goals in the process....  :024: 

He'd be an automatic starter in any Scotland line up for me...  :014:

Problem is, he rarely plays as well for Scotland as he can do for Rangers at times .... Thats not a criticism of Ferguson himself, but seems to be a failing that many players have had over the years. Deffo think he needs to be in there against France though !

Guest TinCanFan

I can't believe some people want Ferguson in the Scotland team.  He is an absolutely hopeless player who I wouldn't put in a Welfare League B-Team.

I can't believe some people want Ferguson in the Scotland team.  He is an absolutely hopeless player who I wouldn't put in a Welfare League B-Team.

Ferguson is still the best scottish player around. I dont think anyone on here, even people that arnt fans would say that he was "hopeless."

Guest TinCanFan

Ferguson is still the best scottish player around.

I don't think he's better than Barry Robson or Wilson for that matter.

Ferguson is still the best scottish player around.

I don't think he's better than Barry Robson or Wilson for that matter.

Please don't tell me your talking about our own Barry Wilson. Granted I love him but he isnt even in the same league as ferguson.

we won!!! stop bleedin moanin aboot the performance. jeezo.

i do however concur that we are needing something a wee bit extra oan the pitch...how about david beckham...cos james mcfayden is looking a bit less rugged these days and im needin something more exciting to look at

i was there. it was grand. hampden i love ya!

men in kilts ooooooooooft

Buffy x