FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic V ICT - Matchday Thread

CaleyD

[li]Discuss the game in this very thread right here  :004:[/li]
    [li]Get to the chatroom HERE[/li]
    [li]See the subs / bookings / report - after the game starts - HERE[/li]
    [li]At the game ? - Dont forget to vote in the POLL after the game has ended. HERE
    [/li]
    [li]See the stats etc by choosing today's game from  HERE[/li]

LINEUPS

ICT

[attach=1]

CELTIC

[attach=2]

post-3-1189864986.jpg

post-4-1189864986.jpg

Guest TinCanFan

I've been watching the game online and I can tell you that the first goal seemed to bounce off Vof H's knee and the second seemed to hit McGuire on the way in taking away from Fraser.  Not a bad performance though.

Is this our worst ever defeat?  :019:

NO. I cant look up stats right now, but I remember a thoroughly horrible game at the Shyberry stadium V Airdrie where we were easily beaten 6-0

I left after the fifth went in, just couldn't stay any longer.

It's not because we were a bad side, I was just so dejected after a hard two weeks.

Positives:

There are many in this game.  The football we played at times was fantastic.  Very few hoofs up the pitch, good slick passing play.

Niculae will score goals, he just needs his first.  He was shut out of this game by the Celtic defence, and wasn't found at other times.  Great composure for the shot that hit the post, was very unlucky.

Defence: At times very well organised, still some dodgy moments but getting better.

We had some good shots, and Boruc pulled some good saves.

Negatives:

3-0 down, no chance of winning the match.  You send the subs to warm up, and don't make a change.  Sort it out.

Dennis Wyness - Missed a sitter of a chance to put us one up, not good enough.  Very dissapointed.

We can't take our chances

That's about it.  On the whole, very impressed with the way the team played.  Still not sure why Brewster leaves himself out against the old firm.  If it was against any other team, I reckon we would have won this.

The football we played at times was fantastic.  Very few hoofs up the pitch, good slick passing play. Niculae will score goals, he just needs his first.

A big hoof up the park worked quite well for Scotland on Wednesday..!!

Niculae scored two good goals against Arbroath in the cup.....  :014:

Just home from game. We played some really good football and created more than a few chances but just couldn't hit the net. Boruc had a couple of really good saves. The whole squad played really well with not too many mistakes. Well apart from the odd poor pass. We were totally outclassed by an excellent Celtic side and it showed in their goals. However, more of the same standard and we'll start cimbing soon.