FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richie.......

maimie

Rob Ramage , an ex Pro Hockey player has just been found guilty of impaired driving causing death. I will be interested to see what

the sentence will be as he now works as a financial adviser in St Louis U S A. They say he will lose his permanent -residence status

in the US. So there gos his job . Trouble is he has a wife and 3 children , so they end up suffering as well.

That's why I asked the above question.

Has Mr Hart any dependants?

I see where your coming from, but it is the thought of such consequences which act as the deterrent.  Remove the deterrent and people start to run amok.  You just have to look at the problems society faces just now when dealing with kids due to the deterrent of a good boot up the erse having been removed to see the kind of problems the kid gloves approach to punishment can cause.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread has actually turned out to be pretty funny,all these hypocrites who have never ever made a mistake in their lifes. the guy has F***ed up, we have all done things in our life we are not proud of, or wish we hadnt done.Get off the guys back, let him get on with his life, either at ICT or elsewhere

Its a well known fact that taking cocaine drives you insane immediately and makes you jump into the nearest car or plant machinery where you are compelled to go on a rampage along the High Street.

No - that's jelly babies that make you do that.

Cocaine gives you the bum cancer.

this thread has actually turned out to be pretty funny,all these hypocrites who have never ever made a mistake in their lifes. the guy has F***ed up, we have all done things in our life we are not proud of, or wish we hadnt done.Get off the guys back, let him get on with his life, either at ICT or elsewhere

Or perhaps it is all the maladjusted psychopathic cnuts like us who have been there and got the t-shirt and the rest of them are squeaky feckin clean - although I bet Sophia has a few skeletons.  :001:

I like Jelly Babies and they've never had that effect on me....maybe I should eat them feet first instead of head first.  :024:

FAO Mr Hart.

As a person who is drug tested regularly I have found the internet to be a great source of "legal alternatives" to illegal drugs, so if you keep your job here or if you move elsewhere, even returning to the oil rigs, the rumour I heard, then you might like to try this stuff :I can point you in the direction of alternatives for any substance you like, all of them work maybe not as well but certainly well enough to get wasted if that is what floats your boat.

Ever mixed a red 1 wi 2 yellow ones Gringo, then down a couple of green ones quickly...  :dancing01: :dancing03:

I don't eat the green one's - I give them to a mate of mine who is a Gers fan, I can't tell you what he does with them... :015:

I have removed the links in the above post to sites seeking to sell non prescription drugs. The link is inappropriate even if these substances do not, at present, breach the criminal law.

Oh, so it is ok for people to talk about alcohol? Probably the most destructive drug known to man but to talk about a herbal substance which has no legal restrictions is censored? You mods on here really do think you are gods don't you?

And why add the phrase "at present" do you know of an impending ban to this substance which has absolutely no restrictions upon it, unlike alcohol which people are allowed to talk freely about on this board? Or am I allowed to use the nomes of legal substances like "cokepit" "subcoca" which are both alternative to the illegal drug cocaine or "Spice" and "99-0" which are both herbal smoking blends that mimic cannabis extremely well all of which are totally legal and unrestricted even available in "head" shops in major Scottish cities.

:008:

I don't think the removed link would be inappropriate in the slightest, someone looking for an alternative to an illegal drug might be reading this thread and find it useful.  :001:

Its a well known fact that taking cocaine drives you insane immediately and makes you jump into the nearest car or plant machinery where you are compelled to go on a rampage along the High Street.

Cocaine gives you the bum cancer.

Never mind the jelly babies, have you ever had a blue wkd at 3am after a night on the vodka red bulls?  Far more dangerous than a line of gear. I think its the colouring.

What the feck is the point of a feckin alternative to an illicit drug. Decaff - Despeed - Decoke - Dehash - Deacid.  :crazy07: :crazy07:

The world has gone feckin ga-ga.

Not DE-anything different chemicals with almost identical effects yet legal so no bother from the law or the ****-police very handy for us users of mind altering substances who don't want arrested or who are subjected to immoral testing by employers. :021:

Basically they are drugs which have not been picked up by the government YET and therefore not classified. They are the sole reason we (the free thinking headonists) are kicking *** in the "war on drugs" there are thousands of chemicals out there waiting to be unleashed upon the front lines.

Check wikipedia for "legal highs" then if interested google it.

When I read the Birdog's last post I immediately saw..."legal thighs" and thought ...well, that's O.K. then, that's one drug I can live with.

:rotflmao: :016:

But choking aside, with or without laughter,  this thread has now either run out of steam or people are simply grasping at straws to keep it going. Because it has everything..passion, heated debate, hypocrisy in spades, misguided or indecisive thoughts, hyperbole, rife speculation, and...finally...a degeneration into some kind of platform on which we can observe, understand, consider buying or not, using or not, any kind of substance -a new ICT Wikipedia on drug stuff?

Such that I have to agree with a poster who said...this thread is hilarious. Also sad .

I think it is in fact much ado about nothing and in 6 months' time will be well-nigh forgotten.

What RH said to ICT many months ago "in camera" is pure speculation.So only the club knows whether he lied or not.So none of us on here can say "fire him for that".

Has he brought the club into disrepute.? If you say yes then please  explain why? What he did was personal and no one has suggested that the club condoned clandestinely or openly any of his private actions. The question of whether he did, or did not, is pure speculation and anyway such a condition is invariably dependent upon where the club's interests lie, the interests of sponsors lie and last but no means least where the interests of the fans lie.

"When you hear a man speak" the saying goes "consider his interests".

If the club fire him out of hand I suggest that it will be on the basis only of their financial interests which they think have been compromised in some way but not necessarily on unimpeachable very  high moral grounds  supported by what a majority of fans or shareholders consider to be an unforgivable mistake .Because the latter basis would be little more than a hypocritical claim that they are  the only ones who are perfect which they cannot claim to be true and retain credibility.

And  the club would have to prove by reference to the terms of his contract whether he is in breach of same. Does the contract  contain a specific reference to possession of a legal substance as grounds for summary dismissal? And, if so,  does the alleged possession have to be proved in a Court of Law to carry weight as grounds for dismissal?  

If this incident is generally known to be an isolated one it would be foolish in my view for ICT to try to take the high moral ground and act accordingly in a punitive way. There can be little doubt that increasing this 26-year old player's misery can serve little useful purpose. What I feel would be  the correct course for the club to initiate is to warn the player in writing about future conduct and spell out the consequences of any future similar situations in no uncertain terms.

If anything I agree with the suggestion that a public acknowledgement of the indiscretion with an apology would go a long way to pour oil on troubled waters and it  could be accompanied by school visits from time to time. The effect of obliging RH to consider these actions will continue to impress on him the perceived seriousness of his "offence" since he is a public figure and remind him of the vulnerability of his future which he himself has brought on himself. Then it is up to him.

Taking into account the player's past efforts and promise on the park I feel that an effort should be made to psychologically assist him in every way to rehabilitate his  situation and if this occurs what can be gained by not affording him the opportunity to eventually get back into the first team. This is the positive route. Then everybody wins and the Management of  ICT look very good indeed as the wise and successful  rehabilitators, mentors and smart business people.

After all, the years of work, use of physical resources and  wage payments invested in the player is a company asset which should not be wasted willy nilly without a positive attempt to turn the situation around first.  :console:

Unless, of course, ICT has money to burn --in which case they can take the route of negativity, of the cutting of perceived losses whilst they are ahead, of the use of punitive and over-the-top action against the player and the risk of an expensive lawsuit by Mr Hart against ICT for wrongfull dismissal . IMHO the loser's route. :buttkick:

Which route would you take ?

I will be highly dissapointed if they sack him. People need to realise that the man has a life outside of football and its his choice if he does drugs. It was the beginning of close season when he did take them, so they would have been out of his system when he was playing, it was not a large amount of drugs and it was surley for personal use, the police would have recognised himn being a local public figure and thought that it would be there chance to create celebrity scandal. Although I disagree with drug use I feel that enough of a point has been made about what he did, Richie played his arse offf at the end of last season and has done well for the reserves. On the feild he has proved to have been an asset to the team and deserves another chance.