FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Should Tokely just walk back into the team??

SMEE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely Not!

Watched him at the reserve game and he did not play well.

Part of our defensive problems is Tokely leaving a large space in the right-back position because he is too slow to get back. In addition when he does make one of his lunge-tackles he cannot recover quickly enough.

He would make a good 2nd Division player so he should be sold and a quicker defender brought in.

neksor

Proctor did say that he'll fight for any place in the team, and I think he may well have the potencial to be a great asset.

Keep him in the side, make rossco play for his place, no disrespect to rossco of course. lol

No. I used to be a great fan of Roscoe but agree with everything said above. Clean sheets, Roscoe gone off the boil for too long. I wouldn't get rid of him yet though. We still need him for cover and to keep Bambie on his toes but I think, on current form, Procter is deffo first choice.

Guest TonyICT

yes i think that ross tokely should get bak in the team he builds the team better than proctor and is alot better at getting forward and thats what the team needs  :022: he is a very good player ( one of our est anyway) 

As above. Tokers has turned many a match, Bambi has a lot to offer, and is in place.

However, Tokers has shown his versatility many times before, and should always be about. Someone has said before on here, that he could start to be trialled as a central defender...height, good in the air, forward going...could the Brew try this in the reserves. Other than that he is essential for depth of pool.

Tokely has always struck me as an individual rather than a team player and is still capable of some brilliant performances. But it seems either he's outgrown ICT or we've outgrown him.

Perhaps he's one of these "luxury" players, like Juanjo or, dare I say, Niculae who might relish a forward role and bang in a couple of goals when we're already 3 - nil up.

As a defender though, I think he's peaked and is no longer reliable. Leaves a big hole and is rather ponderous. That's not to say he couldn't come back though. But yes - he has to earn his place like everybody else.

He played in goal once, against Livingston, when Jimmy Calder got sent off and performed quite well. Maybe he should reset his sights and give Ike a bit of competition!  :015:

dont think he should get straight back in on the bench as proctor has done well and why change a winning team i watched him in reserve game on tuesday  didnt do much to say he should get staright back in saying that none of them did that great i went hoping to see rory score another hatrick

I said elsewhere that Proctor reminded me of a young Rossco and I think he can do everything Rossco does and does it well.

Rossco brought about his own suspension and Proctor has stepped up, shown he is worth of the place and it would be tough on the lad to drop him immediately upon Rosscos return.

Brewster himself has said that he wants players competing for places and to hook Proctor for no reason when Rossco becomes available again would, IMO, undermine that concept.

If Rossco wants his place back then he's going to have to work hard for it and hope that Proctor does something to justify being dropped again.

Proctor has done well. Stick with the man in possession as long as he's in form. Tokley is an ICT stalwart but he's let himself and the club down and not for the first time.

I'm sure he'll return but Proctor has earned the right to retain his place for the time being.

Part of our defensive problems is Tokely leaving a large space in the right-back position because he is too slow to get back. In addition when he does make one of his lunge-tackles he cannot recover quickly enough.

Hear, hear.  Proctor looked great last Saturday.

Stick Toklers straight back in, tried and tested and does a great job for us.  I don't go along with this always leaving gaps behind him.  If the strikers would hold the ball for longer he would have time to get back, but he can't be in two places at once.  He runs up the wing, busting a gut, crosses the ball after riding four challenges, and .....and, no one capitalises on it, surely someone is covering his ***, after all it's total football.......wait no, let's blame Tokely cos we are too short sighted to see who should be covering the space, after all he started there, so why is he not there :029:

Nothing against Proctor, whom I believe is an excellent squad player, but playing above Rossco........not so sure yet.

Stick Rossco back where he should be.

If we have yet another clean sheet on Saturday then theres no need to change the back four.

Why not play Tokely up front in training to see how it goes, he could run rings round the opposition in the box and we would then have an extra defender on the pitch to protect Fraser from corners and freekicks.

Guest WynessLegend

These are the only problems any manager wants to have, and long may they continue as strong competition for places will keep everyone giving 100%

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Although, I think Proctor has been superb and that it would be really hard on the lad to see him lose his place.