FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Michael Frasers save

tm4tj

Deserving of his own thread.

What a save that was today, the one in the second half, full stretch back arched and fingertip, it had everything.  Well done again mikey and thanks for that, it made my day, you have made a happy man very old, but the save was incredible, Gordon Banks, eat yer heart out.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup - can argue with the above. The save was from the very top drawer to push away what would almost certainly have been a stunning goal and he also had the presence of mind to try and keep his eye on the ball as he and the ball dropped to the deck after the save ... using his feet to further block it in the melee that followed.

We applaud players who score "the winning goal" and frequently attribute those players with winning the points, but that save from Mikey definitely won us points today. Even though everyone was excellent, both Mikey and Cowie must jointly accept the honour of being regarded as ICT's matchwinners today.

Deserving of his own thread.

What a save that was today, the one in the second half, full stretch back arched and fingertip, it had everything.  Well done again mikey and thanks for that, it made my day, you have made a happy man very old, but the save was incredible, Gordon Banks, eat yer heart out.

I'll go along with that.  As I said on the matchday thread, it was a truly world class save, worthy indeed of the great GB.  His great save against Pele was more instinctive, wheareas Fraser was initially going the wrong way, before climing to the corner to get a vital hand to it.  Save of the season without a doubt.  Well done Mike.

Guest Sangobeg Jaggie

Just outstanding save. Best I have seen this season by a mile. Certainly won us the points.

Great to listen to the weggies whining about poor refereeing decisions. Ah the joy of it all !

He totally outclassed his opposite number today, who was often regarded as a hero during his time here...

I've never understood how some of the low-life behind his goal feel the need to give him stick...

Is it because he's a local lad..?

Is there some kind of mentality in this area that dictates that only guys from the central belt guys can become decent footballers..?

All our "local" lads played out their skins today.... :022:

Aye, Munro, Fraser and Cowie were all excellent today. 

Looking forward to next week, its upto CB to the get the lads heads in gear for another difficult away tie, if we approach it right then we'll win

Time to just get it done.  To stay within 3 points of Aberdeen for the new year game and top 6 will be ours.

Guest tartananorak

I thought that Michael Fraser had his best game so far.  His handling was solid throughout especially the cross ball catching but , my, the save in the second half was brilliant. We had a keeper once called Mark Brown who did this from time to time, but now our keeper is called Michael Fraser. Thats one monkey well and truly off your back, well done Michael.  Radio gave Proctor the MoM but Michael did better than that for himself and ICT today.

Fraser's save was as good as Brown's attempt at Proctor's header was poor.

Sorry, that damning with faint phrase, what I really mean to say is what a good bit of business it seems to sell Brown for a stack of cash and then see him out performed by his replacement.

I was worried that we would get a penalty and we would see Brown save it!

I was shocked when Brown quessed the right way to dive. From my recollection he used to dive in the opposite direction (in case he got hit by the ball I presume)  :crazy07: