FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

Still I think we already have someone on our books who can take his place and is potentially a better player....Iain Vigurs

While I certainly don't want to lose Rankin, I agree that it's the one position we're well covered for. Vigurs does indeed, look an outstanding prospect, and I'd love to see him given more of a chance.

Besides, there's Barry, Markus, McBain, Hart......all more than capable of compensating for the loss of Rankin.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Maybe not Suicide as in the end of the team , but look at Ross County  Hearts And Hibs

They have sunk since letting players go to near rivals.

Rankin is under contract so should have waited to sell his house.

Brewster should have kept his mouth shut.

Still I think we already have someone on our books who can take his place and is potentially a better player....Iain Vigurs

While I certainly don't want to lose Rankin, I agree that it's the one position we're well covered for. Vigurs does indeed, look an outstanding prospect, and I'd love to see him given more of a chance.

Besides, there's Barry, Markus, McBain, Hart......all more than capable of compensating for the loss of Rankin.

Apart from Wilson how many of those players have a history of scoring goals though? Okay all Rankin's goals have been from the spot this season but he is always a threat. Hart is not up to standard IMO...

Apart from Wilson how many of those players have a history of scoring goals though? Okay all Rankin's goals have been from the spot this season but he is always a threat. Hart is not up to standard IMO...

I think Paatelainen has the potential to be a more prolific scorer than Rankin.

He got 2 in 5 starts last season

Patti has the potential but he is a long way off at proving it on a regular basis in the SPL. Rankin, in a similiar sense showed a lot of potential but found it difficult to settle in at the SPL level. For whatever reason - hopefully not the fact that he is playing in the shop window - hopefully becos he has been played in central midfield which IMHO is clearly his "best" position - he has began to show that he can perform on a consistent level in the SPL arena - and I suspect he can only get better. To simply let him go now would be folly and a waste of a lot of our efforts. If he does want to go we need to know the real reason why. I fer one am getting pised off that every time somebody leaves the club we get the personal reasons bollicks. Is it that he wants to play regularly in the middle and feels that his opportunity may be limited at ICT ? Is it becos he feels that he has been unfairly treated and needs to move on? etc.,etc.,etc.

I still hold a conspiracy theory (and inside info.) that there are a lot of problems in the dressing room and Rankin was sidelined for apparent disciplinary / personality clash reasons. As I have said before if he does leave I hope we get the REAL reasons why.

Isn't it always the case that a player must be in his "best" position to allow for his talent to blossom? And if he is blossoming then C. Brewster must take a lot of credit for that--

Footballer's Wife--fair is fair, isn't it petal ?

He was untried in SPL football when we paid  a speculative 65 thousand punds for him. Surely he is worth close to double that now in view of his progress, greater confidence and so on. It's a no-brainer.  :011:

Besides we do appear to have several replacements at hand--some of whom deserve the chance. In the current circumstances ICT should sell him if he is unhappy and if they can get anything like his real value. Out with the old , in with the new .....like.  :003:

Isn't it always the case that a player must be in his "best" position to allow for his talent to blossom? And if he is blossoming then C. Brewster must take a lot of credit for that--

Footballer's Wife--fair is fair, isn't it petal ?

Best position..?  :024: Blossoming..?  :024: F'Baller's wife..?  :024:

Looks like he may be forced to see out his contract here....

I just hope he'll give us the same kind of commitment that Darren Dods gave us - even when he had provisionally signed for DUFC....

Looks like better news on the McGuire front....

why sell him when we are just going to have to buy a replacement anyway...

If it is not going to benefit the club then tuff **** it's his own fault for selling his house before an agreement had been made.  We as a club are going to come off with the worst deal no matter what way you look at this, if the contract HE signed is still valid then he should be made to honour it until we are in a position to make a reasonable profit from selling him or we no longer require his services. 

This could be the make or break of our season.. if the board has any sense at all we will make him see out the rest of the season and demand a fee of ?100+, or better yet offer him a better contract that will make him want to stay with the club and show that we see him as part of our plans

good left footed midfielders are almost impossible to find at the best of times.. I am sick of our board being pushed around by other clubs and big headed players, if Rankin is sold for any where near the fee that is being spoken of it will be a complete joke.

*P & J*

So basically we will sell him for ?65k then?

fair play, delighted to see the club isn't getting bullied into anything

JB-- There is nothing at all untoward about that post if that is what you are implying?

If you can't appreciate some subtlety let me try to explain:

If she likes you, FW  likes to call you Petal ; which is organically very nice. :004:

Petals, blossoms and items such as your somewhat inappropriate avatar/logo are genetically linked except that the former two are static and don't cause problems whilst the latter item walks with a non-organically-correct limp and if absorbed in sufficient quantities can lead to genetically-challenged fuzzy brain cells which think only in curved straight linear concepts......

Or try Wikipedia for more information......  :cute01:

Why do teams thisk they can offer peanuts for our players? Falkirk offered ?45000 for Rankin. Thats a fekin insult if u ask me. Thats where the Board should get tuff and ask for the ?65OOO we paid for him.....and an extra ?5OOO on top for the pure **** of it, at the very least!

I am certain that the board won't let him go unless their valuation of him is met.  If he played today he would be cup tied if he did move and his value may be affected. I think the official line might be that he is carrying a knock.  :rolleyes02:

If this was a league game I think he might have played

I am certain that the board won't let him go unless their valuation of him is met.  If he played today he would be cup tied if he did move and his value may be affected. I think the official line might be that he is carrying a knock.  :rolleyes02:

If this was a league game I think he might have played

fair enough, didnt think of that

According to the radio Aberdeen may also be interested if they don't resolve their player issues.  We are right to hold out for the best price and the more teams interested the better.  Aberdeen wouldn't really resolve his location issues though.

not in the team today, looks rather ominous, i sincerely hope that this is not a sign of the end of Rankins ICT career. If it is i would be extremely annoyed if we did not make a healthy profit from his transfer
he,ll leave  by wed, for ?65k,very annoying since we dont need to sell hi,he wants to leave tough,he should of thought of that b4 he sgiend for us,who have we targetted to bring in to replace him/no-one i bet :008: :018:

According to the radio Aberdeen may also be interested if they don't resolve their player issues.  We are right to hold out for the best price and the more teams interested the better.  Aberdeen wouldn't really resolve his location issues though.

His location issues have feck all to do with it, just the usual "my family wants me to move south" excuse, the reason he is leaving is Craig Brewster doesn't like him and he doesn't like CB, Brewster's comments that he wants to hold on to Rankin are purely marketing to try to push the price up.

I would imagine nobody buying him will want him cup tied, therefore he looks to be going.  Not a lot we can do about it as fans, if he wants to go let him go, but at a price that suits us, otherwise sit him in the reserves with no win bonuses see if he prefers that.

Anyway chill out over this, worse things happen at sea.

not in the team today, looks rather ominous, i sincerely hope that this is not a sign of the end of Rankins ICT career. If it is i would be extremely annoyed if we did not make a healthy profit from his transfer

he,ll leave  by wed, for ?65k,very annoying since we dont need to sell hi,he wants to leave tough,he should of thought of that b4 he sgiend for us,who have we targetted to bring in to replace him/no-one i bet :008: :018:

if he is adamant he want to leave then fair enough but as he is tied to a contract he has little sway in the final transfer. it should be on the clubs terms if he is sold but i think it would be a disgrace if he left for ?65k.

Out of that ?65k i bet county have a sell on clause too! so we wouldnt get the total fee.

Reading another article today about when Robson left us, he left for ?50k and could well seal a transfer of ?1m plus during this transfer window, why should this club get pennies when others can recoup much heftier fees.  :008:

hopefully we have a sell on clause for Robson!!

who have we targetted to bring in to replace him/no-one i bet :008: :018:

Did you bother to read the other threads before posting this ? If you did you might have found out that the rumoured name in the frame is Dean Shiels