FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

If Rankin was to move on I think this ?40k figure would be about what we would get back for him. We'd be doing well to get that. This was the amount St. Mirren originally offered to County for John before we came in and bettered their offer. I can't see St. Mirren offering us ?160k for him - they wouldn't be held to ransom.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest sophia

So would a suitor with ?40,000 to offer be paying over the odds?

Or have you changed your mind?

Sorry about this but are you missing an ?O??

I think that if a club, say St. Mirren, were to offer ?40k for Rankin, I would say that is as reasonable a fee as we are likely to get for him.

Pretty certain I'm not missing an "O" anywhere unless you are thinking of a "0"? Regardless, I don't think there was anything missing there. Others might feel different of course.

considering Rankin was bought as a top first division midfielder for 65k and is now a proven goal scorer and  has showed what it takes to hack it in the SPL we shouldn't be accepting anything less than 100k IMO

Good left footed players are a commodity in this division...  :023: I here Dundee United will be looking for a replacement soon (hope not)

Get shot of him and get Patti fully fit, I believe he has greater potential and will offer more threat with his allround game, heading and pace being better than Rankins game.  Thanks for the goals, especially the Rangers one but bye bye.

I feel that he would be a big miss - particularly in regard to his form of late. But he likes being in central midfield and has never played as well when stuck out wide. He cannot compare with Blackie and could only play in his best position in a 5 man midfield.

Hopefully if he does go he tells the press what exactly is going on behind the scenes.

I hear he is going to Motherwell.

I heard this before the tragic news of last Saturday, and believe he was due to sign this week for them, but I guess with all that has gone on there this week the signing may be delayed for a week or two.

He cant sign for anyone unless terms are agreed with ICT. He's under contract for another 18 mths

Get shot of him and get Patti fully fit, I believe he has greater potential and will offer more threat with his allround game, heading and pace being better than Rankins game.  Thanks for the goals, especially the Rangers one but bye bye.

Erm, "how quick are we to turn on our players" ring any bells? I have seen nothing from Marcus to suggest any of the aboe is true. Quite staggering that people seem to have written Rankin off. He made me eat my words and hopefully he will do to others. Again.

I think Patti will be another leaving this month.

Yup. Didn't someone on here say he is actually fit again and he's just not getting a look in? I think he is an okay back up player but I'd take Rankin ahead of him every time.

Pattelinen has only been back in training for 2 or 3 weeks and with the reserves not playing over the festive period I can't see how it is possible that he would get a look in anywhere!!!

As I said, I am basing my post on what someone (I thought) had said on here. I never said if it was actually the case.

I hear he is going to Motherwell.

I heard this before the tragic news of last Saturday, and believe he was due to sign this week for them, but I guess with all that has gone on there this week the signing may be delayed for a week or two.

He cant sign for anyone unless terms are agreed with ICT. He's under contract for another 18 mths

I appreciate that, but from from what I heard the two clubs had agreed terms, but he couldn't move until the transfer window opened.  Then the tragic news of last weekend have delayed the dealings.

erm not very quick rig, and no it does not ring any bells either.  I have always thought rankin was a good player but has struggled to live up to his billing, and there is a difference between being fully fit and just returning to full time training.

I am not writing Rankin off, but like the rest, if they want to go, or moreso don't want to stay, then cheerio.  He has done better since he came back into the side but never takes control of a game.  I have never seen Patti control a game, but I believe he could turn a game as can Rankin at times, but I thought we were getting a more complete player when he signed for us (rankin) Patti given the chance to show his wares could be the next big thing, however if he gets as many opportunities as some of the guys then he will be shipped out as well.

Iain Black is the one we must make sure we hold on to.

But you are basing on him not wanting to be here on nothing more than hearsay from the gossip column of sources like The Sun. Hardly the most reliable of bases to say he should be shipped out.

I think we need some official confirmation/denial from the club/manager before we start saying ta ta just yet.

I think we need some official confirmation/denial from the club/manager before we start saying ta ta just yet.

The club/manager is/are surprisingly and irritatingly not always very forthcoming regarding such matters....

Got nothing to do with us, I suppose...  :024:

Sorry, I don't read newspapers.

I find it hard to imagine him staying when rumours abound that he has sold his house or bought one in the central belt.  Does not sound like a man who will pledge himself long term to ict.