FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

Again, you are questioning his commitment based on some internet rumours. Remember when Blackie "bought a house in Dundee"?

I think some people are jumping to conclusions to quickly. I'll wait till something more formal/official comes out before getting worried about Rankin leaving.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is certainly going and its due to personal reasons.    I believe we've tried to keep him over the last month or so to change his mind,  but he and his partner want to be around their family.  I don't want to say what the reasons are as its not my place but its not a football reason he wants to leave and its purely a personal matter.  Perhaps once he does join his new club he will come out and tell everyone the reason.

He is certainly going and its due to personal reasons.    I believe we've tried to keep him over the last month or so to change his mind,  but he and his partner want to be around their family.   I don't want to say what the reasons are as its not my place but its not a football reason he wants to leave and its purely a personal matter.  Perhaps once he does join his new club he will come out and tell everyone the reason.

I love it when they drop the geography line so they can **** off to some has been club for more money.

He is certainly going and its due to personal reasons.    I believe we've tried to keep him over the last month or so to change his mind,  but he and his partner want to be around their family.   I don't want to say what the reasons are as its not my place but its not a football reason he wants to leave and its purely a personal matter.  Perhaps once he does join his new club he will come out and tell everyone the reason.

Sir C...

I take it this comment you posted as recently as November 2007, now no longer applies..?

Secondly we're playing a goalkeeper who hasn't featured at any standard of league football and expecting him to be the next Jim Calder/Mark Brown.    Without doubt we'll be looking for a keeper in January and hopefully Mikey Fraser can go to Peterhead or somwhere like that,  where his mistakes are going to be less harshly criticised and gain some valuable confidence.

I've just listened to the Charles Bannerman interview with CB on the BBC website (from earlier today).

It sounds as though real money will have to be offered if Rankin is to be allowed to go. I suspect that it will be more than the ?65k which we paid for him.

Guest foxy23

i think it would be a shame if rankin left for st mirren but at the end of the day if he wants to leave then good luck to him. he will be a loss to caley as he has been playin well recently. whatever the reason for him wanting to leave is his business.  :014: brewster must be mad he is lettin good players go.

I agree with TM4TJ in the respect that there is too much gossip on this one, kind of looks like he'll be offski.

It'll be a shame if it's true, I like Rankin, I think he's slotted into the ICT set-up fairly well. I certainly don't think we can afford to let him go without a fight. Having said that though, I've always felt he's lacking in something, I cannae quite put my finger on it, wether it's pace or power I'm not sure.  :024:

I would stress though I'd be delighted if I heard he was staying.

Scarlet

I agree, Cowie has made a faster and greater impact since signing for us.  In saying that I would be happier if Rankin stayed but if he wishes to be elsewhere for whatever reason then pointless holding on to him.  He is by no means a poor player, but Stevie hit on it there, he leaves you wanting more, but what is it?  Good luck to him if he does go, he has not done anything wrong at ICT, but leaves us with a flavour of his talents, if he does depart.

I agree too, no point in trying to hold on to him if he doesn't want to be here...

We've all know what he's capable of, but he wasn't always a model of consistency. It will be interesting to see what he achieves elsewhere.

I find it incomprehensible all the same, that anyone could prefer to live in an area such as Paisley or Motherwell compared with here... although I will admit a pint of beer down there can be as much as 20p less than it is here....  :024:

If its personal reasons way he is leaving then there is not a lot that can be down about it. But i hope that CB does not let him go for less than what we paid for him. St Mirren have offered 40K, that just laughable. I would sell him for less than 100K

I would have thought we would be able to command a decent fee for Rankin as he is now an established spl player and still under contract, the only drawback in this is it's a buyers market as the player himself wishes to leave......allegedly, therefore his price may drop accordingly.  Still he should be worth more than we paid for him.

Isn't the reason Rankin wants to leave not the fact Brewster told him he was surplus to requirements a few months ago? He was encouraging him to go on loan as he didn't think he would get a game with us.

Now Brewster seems to have had a change of heart after actually see Rankin play in the side which may unfortunately be too late as the player has decided to seek pastures new and find a manager who has faith in him. Think Brew has shot himself in the foot  :029:

Here's hoping he stays anyway. We shouldn't be selling our best players if we don't have too

Johnboy I don't quite understand the link between my comment about Fraser and Rankin is???   

Fraser has turned it around and has performed very well over the last 2 months and totally deserves to be in goals now.  But lets be honest he was pretty bad up till till the end of the cup game in Aberdeen and if we had put him out on loan then and brought somone in (if we could) I don't think anyone would have been complaining.

What i'm saying about Rankin is fact and if you want to know the reason PM me and i'll tell you!

A month ago Brewster was talking to the Media  about his Players instead of keeping it Internal.

Now if he wants to keep Rankin ,can he not talk to the Media again and say he is not for sale.

Still have my doubts about Brewster as a Manager!

I have been informed that we have been in discussions with Swansea City - Now let Rankin leave fer dosh and bring in Duffy - I would be more than happy with that. Duffy is much more of a wide left midfield player - which we have been missing fer a long time.

I have been informed that we have been in discussions with Swansea City - Now let Rankin leave fer dosh and bring in Duffy - I would be more than happy with that. Duffy is much more of a wide left midfield player - which we have been missing fer a long time.

Dont you think those discussions might be about Watt

Guest sophia

I see that Rankin?s agent is one Tam Callaghan.

This name rings a bell.

My sherry dimmed memory recalls an agent that was sabre rattling in the papers and on these pages about a ? and this is where it get really hazy ? goalkeeper prior to Mark Brown signing for us.

The posts on here were hilarious  - along the lines of I?m the Big Man from the city and I?ll have my way.

He didn?t get it.

Stumbled across this fact whilst looking at last seasons top scorers in the SPL.

Only 5 midfielders managed to score 6 or more league goals :-

Nakamura, Gravesen, Charlie Adam, Barry Robson and JOHN RANKIN (no pens)

I know ther's no' much we can do, but he's certainly going to be a loss !