FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

whats the crack with rankin?

strathyjags

I see that Rankin?s agent is one Tam Callaghan.

This name rings a bell.

My sherry dimmed memory recalls an agent that was sabre rattling in the papers and on these pages about a ? and this is where it get really hazy ? goalkeeper prior to Mark Brown signing for us.

The posts on here were hilarious  - along the lines of I?m the Big Man from the city and I?ll have my way.

He didn?t get it.

It was about Steve McGarry.  We had him on trial and were going to sign him until his agent demanded a fee.  Steve Paterson said that the agents fee should come out of the players cut and the deal fell through.  When this was discussed on the site Callaghan registered, came on and made posts taht generally consisted of:

hulo every1 iam tom callaghan and i am a gud ageent i desserve my persentige becos i am good and u r not good

Very funny

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest sophia

Thanks for that Chris, now I remember why I was so happy when Ross gave him a tickle.

The Squirrel got fed up due to the abuse and his "outing" as a named journalist. The person(s) responsible know who they are and how it portrayed a lack of trust to some.

This site is poorer for his loss.

It has to be noted that contributions from ?others? on here seems to me to be discouraged.

I have been informed that we have been in discussions with Swansea City - Now let Rankin leave fer dosh and bring in Duffy - I would be more than happy with that. Duffy is much more of a wide left midfield player - which we have been missing fer a long time.

Darryl Duffy a left midfielder?  :017:

Thanks for that Chris, now I remember why I was so happy when Ross gave him a tickle.

The Squirrel got fed up due to the abuse and his "outing" as a named journalist. The person(s) responsible know who they are and how it portrayed a lack of trust to some.

This site is poorer for his loss.

It has to be noted that contributions from ?others? on here seems to me to be discouraged.

I think people are judged on their merits. Heilandee, Buffy, Ceske Bairn, Ralph Milne and Big Pie are amongst those with the right attitude whereas arab4whenever is the other type. As for the squirrel, he tried to present himself as something he wasn't, ie a grown up. Well, a middle aged man, at least  :015: :015: This became more and more bizarre as time went on. When he was 'outed' all the bits fell into place.

He IS missed though. Being a Jambo and all that.......

Guest sophia

Yes, but should he have been ?outed? in the first place and why was it possible?

It seemed to me that there was a breach of confidence.

I realise that there are ?friendly? opposition posters on here but some external debate would be welcomed.

Apologies for taking this off topic.

Yes, but should he have been ?outed? in the first place and why was it possible?

It seemed to me that there was a breach of confidence.

I realise that there are ?friendly? opposition posters on here but some external debate would be welcomed.

Apologies for taking this off topic.

Sophia, let me assure you that somebody as, ahem, "resourceful" as Johndo tried long and hard to get details out of people running this site, as well as myself, to no avail. I couldn't have helped him anyway. While the squirrel kept insinuating (probably falsely) that he knew me I really didn't have much idea about him.

I don't live in the town but I believe the squirrel was leaving a bit of a trail, mainly concerning his drinking exploits, and after a bit of digging I don't think Johndo found it much of a challenge. I was as surprised as anybody when he was outed as a 23-year old journalist.

As you say, off topic...

Guest sophia

Oops,

Your memory is better than mine.

Didn?t mean to finger Mr PP!

C'mon Big Tam - Tell us why Rankin would be better served in Paisley.

Yes, but should he have been ?outed? in the first place and why was it possible? It seemed to me that there was a breach of confidence.

Are you suggesting that myself or Donald released his registration details to someone. Thats dangerous ground if you are !

Anyone know if there is any truth in that Rankin has a release trigger written into his contract?

I'd be surprised if he didn't (it's pretty much the norm these days), and I'd also be surprised if it was something that would undermine the clubs investment.

Are County due a slice of any potential fee I wonder? I would assume they would have added a sell-on clause?
Are County due a slice of any potential fee I wonder? I would assume they would have added a sell-on clause?

I hope we had the sense to get one on Robson

The following is quoted directly from today's Daily Express.....

"St. Mirren slapped in an improved bid for Inverness midfielder John Rankin over the weekend. The buddies had a ?40,000 bid turned down last week & have since upped their offer and included add-ons to try and clinch the move.

St Mirren are aware Rankin wants to leave the Highlands and hoping this latest bid will be enough to convince Craig Brewster to cash in on his unsettled star.

The former Manchester united trainee has told Brewster he wants to leave because he sold his house when he was frozen out of the team and his girlfriend is pregnant and wants to return to the central belt.

Rankin, who cost Inverness ?65,000 from Highland rivals Ross County, has forced his way back into the team in recent months and Brewster now wants him to stay, but will sell if Saints meet their valuation of the player."

I don't know what the new offer for Rankin is but to get things into perspective Rangers paid ?2m for Kevin Thomson.  Rankin is a little older and perhaps not quite as good,  but not an awful lot behind Thomson. 

St Mirren were supposed to be offering ?40,000...........  thats an absolute disgrace

If we don't get at least ?100,000 for a proven SPL midfielder who scores goals,  I will be mightly p1ssed off!!

out of contract at end of season - free to talk to other clubs from Tuesday  .... worrying !!!

01/01/08 - Alan Morgan

28/05/08 - Steven Watt (loan)

30/05/08 - Richie Hart

31/05/08 - Craig Brewster (player), Jamie Duff, Russell Duncan, Dale Gillespie, Guy Kerr, Rory McAllister, Stuart McCaffrey, Markus Paatelainen, Ally Ridgers, Zander Sutherland, Ross Tokely, Iain Vigurs, Barry Wilson, Dennis Wyness, Garry Wood, Ally MacDonald

I'm sure its correct, just wondering where you got the information? Will other clubs have access to it too so will they know these players are available.

I hope we had the sense to get one on Robson

Thats a good point. Anyone know whether we did or not? And do sell-on clauses continue after the player signs a new contract? ie. Robson signed a three year contract in 2003 that ran out in 2006, then signed a new deal. Will the sell-on clause still be valid?

Basically does it link with the players' personal contract or is it seperate?