FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Duncan

Harry Chibber

Apropos of nothing, I see according to the P&J business supplement, David Sutherland our

esteemed ex chairman paid himself ?5 million from his Tulloch Homes Group's ?32 million pre tax profits last year. Congratulations Sir, couldn't happen to a nicer benefactor. I don't suppose you could throw a few quid Russells way could you......just to shut the blighter up.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so Sir C but I can name at least three first div teams who would pay him better than ICT.

Out of interest Alex who do you think they would be? I would guess at Saint Johnstone & Dunfermline. Not sure about Dundee and I wouldn't have said Hamilton either.

Apropos of nothing, I see according to the P&J business supplement, David Sutherland our

esteemed ex chairman paid himself ?5 million from his Tulloch Homes Group's ?32 million pre tax profits last year. Congratulations Sir, couldn't happen to a nicer benefactor. I don't suppose you could throw a few quid Russells way could you......just to shut the blighter up.

?5 Million doesn't go very far in Inverness these days, nogbad the bad.... :018:

what were you expecting?

A player who you would leave the game feeling that he had made it worth it - a player who could produce a little bit of magic - a player who would make the opposition look like wallies - a player who could score goals out of the blue and spectacularly - a player that you would pay money to travel for cos you just knew that he could turn a game in an instant.

Bingham and Juanjo were the main two - Niculae couldnt lace their boots when it came to my criteria.

I presume the moment of magic you are referring to was something like this:

1:04, there is also more footage of him at 2:06

Maybe so Sir C but I can name at least three first div teams who would pay him better than ICT.

Out of interest Alex who do you think they would be? I would guess at Saint Johnstone & Dunfermline. Not sure about Dundee and I wouldn't have said Hamilton either.

St Johnstone pay higher to a few of their better players, as do Dundee. And I believe Dunfermline do too which was one of the things that had to be sorted with Phil McGuire. Not sure about Hamilton.

I know from a friend, who's involved with St J, that there are players on around ?100k p.a.

For arguments sake if we say that the players i mentioned were all on ?50,000 a year,  I would say they're all on more,  but for arguments sake say they're on ?50,000.  That would be 5 players out plus Rankins fee of ?110,000 and probably around ?100,000 for Robson leaving United (if he does go)

That is a good ?450,000 - ?500,000 extra in the kitty.  We will be able to offer the players whose contracts are expiring a little more a year plus get in 1 or 2 more on good money.Iwould think we will be looking at players other SPL clubs will be looking at,  rather than always having to take a chance on someone.  We will get someone with quality.

Half of division 1 pay more than us???  Similar to us but not more I would think.  I don't even think we pay the lowest wages in the SPL!!

I agree  completely with IHE's first two posts.

As to the third I feel that anyone who would gratuitously nick gents' pencils on a regular basis causing that kind of mayhem in the process should be sent to a pen-al Institution, nay a  Pen-itentiary, -especially if they are to be forced to do pen-ance as a pen-alty pen-ding a judicial inquiry to assess the current state of their pen-ury . And if that lot passes the erudite glasses of our very own Sophia then so much the better, pet.

Also--to boot, if  IHE were to get his own pencil pinched he would definitely not be able to be a peer....never mind a wannabe Peer Gynt even if he DOES make sweet music to my ears all the time.

As for Niculae, seen strictly  from the standpoint of  a very distant place ,it would appear on the results achieved versus the high wage earned that his signing to replace Dargo and plonk them in has not succeeded. To restore trust with other players, placate them and re-invent parity instanter, pronto quick,  a move to club like Hearts that CAN afford his wages would be well worth considering  and in the process achieve at least the perception of more equality ---and the big fat sum that Vlad would be willing to pay would not go to waste either.

:011: :003:

Half of division 1 pay more than us???  Similar to us but not more I would think.  I don't even think we pay the lowest wages in the SPL!!

Who pays less?  I could only guess Falkirk...and even then... (Gretna certainly were thought to be big payers)

St Johnstone pay higher to a few of their better players, as do Dundee. And I believe Dunfermline do too which was one of the things that had to be sorted with Phil McGuire. Not sure about Hamilton.

I know from a friend, who's involved with St J, that there are players on around ?100k p.a.

Same three as me. Wouldn't surprise me about Saint Johnstone. Certainly some of the players at the top end of the pay scale would be on something like that I reckon.

Who pays less?  I could only guess Falkirk...and even then... (Gretna certainly were thought to be big payers)

I would add St Mirren to the list along with Falkirk and probably Gretna as teams who may be below us or around about the same as us in terms of contracts. Dont think Killie are able to offer particularly big wages too hence Nish wanting to leave.

IIRC St Mirren couldnt match our contract offer to Dargo before he left but Dargo had his mind set on heading back down to the central belt and left despite the offer of better wages.

Dargo was reported to have said when he arrived at St. Mirren that our offer wasn't that great at all and that there were Div 1 teams who could have offered more. St. Mirren offered him better wages than we did.

ICT are reputed to have the lowest basic salaries in the SPL (Niculae excepted) but they are also said to have a good bonus scheme that rewards first team players for results achieved throughout the season and also for final league position.

As I understand it (and I have no idea if this is correct or not), if we finish in positions 8 or above we would just shade the likes of St Mirren, Falkirk etc. but would come nowhere near the "bigger" teams.

This is a bit of a double edged sword .... As a supporter, I like the idea because what we pay out is directly related to any increased money we take in for doing better in cups or the league but if I were a 'fringe' player at the club I might be less than happy to sit on the sidelines as I wouldnt be getting the bonuses (or at least the full bonuses) if I werent playing .....

It would certainly be a far more boring team without Russelldinho, yes he is frustrating at times, but by heck he can hold that midfield together and bully for the ball when he wants to.  Moments of deep frustration and superb innovation all from the same boots...and usually the same 90 mins!!!  :015: :015:

We need Duncan, especially with Rankin gone.  We should be prepared to invest more in key players in the team we have got, that have shown loyalty, rather than putting the Rankin money on the table for others outside the club!

Yes, Niculae has high wages, but we need to create opportunities from that for marketing/merchandising opportunities.  If we finish Top 6 - Niculae has paid for himself!!!  If by any miracle we finish Top 5, we potentially get some European action.....more revenue!!!!  How do we get there without a player like him!

I don't buy this Inverness are a diddy team and should know their place bollox - DARE TO DREAM!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I don't believe Marius is a huge disruptive influence.  Pele's boys are slowly but surely being replaced.  Every team needs to move on, and have a natural progression.  I think it's brought to the surface problems that have been there for quite some time, perhaps in the way we conduct business?

We need to start thinking SPL, Marius is a superb addition, which we need to cement further, by offering decent cash to others to support him and really take us somewhere!!!

Mrs PB

Yes, Niculae has high wages, but we need to create opportunities from that for marketing/merchandising opportunities.  If we finish Top 6 - Niculae has paid for himself!!!  If by any miracle we finish Top 5, we potentially get some European action.....more revenue!!!!  How do we get there without a player like him!

I don't buy this Inverness are a diddy team and should know their place bollox - DARE TO DREAM!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but I don't believe Marius is a huge disruptive influence.  Pele's boys are slowly but surely being replaced.  Every team needs to move on, and have a natural progression.  I think it's brought to the surface problems that have been there for quite some time, perhaps in the way we conduct business?

We need to start thinking SPL, Marius is a superb addition, which we need to cement further, by offering decent cash to others to support him and really take us somewhere!!!

Mrs PB

Absolutely spot on Mrs PB

Duncan leaves the flair play to other more gifted footballers in the team. He knows his limitations and sticks to his task. I can stomach Rankin going, I could handle Rosscoe moving on to pastures new, I think Russel Duncan would be rather more difficult to replace.

It would certainly be a far more boring team without Russelldinho, yes he is frustrating at times, but by heck he can hold that midfield together and bully for the ball when he wants to.  Moments of deep frustration and superb innovation all from the same boots...and usually the same 90 mins!!!  :015: :015:

We need Duncan, especially with Rankin gone.  We should be prepared to invest more in key players in the team we have got, that have shown loyalty, rather than putting the Rankin money on the table for others outside the club!

Mrs PB

I need to see you fer a session - youre losing yer feckin marbles.  :023:

Mrs PB

:clapping03:

really do agree it is about time that the board grew a pair and started to believe. yes it is astounding that we have remained a financially viable team but to look at the things that are going on around us it may be about time that we start to push the boat out a little further. we need to keep the momentum going with the team and if we lose to many players in one glut then we will crumble, yes players will start to drop off the pace and get replaced but we need to keep the ones who are preforming.

incidently does anyone know what has happened to Russel this season he seems to have found the attitude the Blackie has lost????  :crazy07:

I love our board and would jump in front of a moving bus for them for bringing us to the SPL. So please don't take my comments out of context.

I merely think its a sign, not that our board is not ambitious, but that its content with where we are, that 3 of the canididates for our recent mangers vacany were previous managers.

One of our more senior players has just been offered less than ?1k per week basic to renew his contract and he has refused. OK, very good money for what players do imo but I can understand his refusal when it is common knowledge that someone else has just arrived and gets ?4k. GB has to sort this out now as I can see serious money problems kicking in.

To be honest.....these footballers are in for a big shock in a few years when their career has ended and they have to make their way in the REAL world. They lead a charmed life whilst in football and are somewhat disconnected from reality.