FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A story linked to a question

Dmacca

Many years ago i used to drive a lovely Ford Capri, but the barsteward used to hate starting on cold frosty mornings, many times i would sit in that cold car cursing it like ****.

The question i have for you all is what inanimate objects do you lot talk to, come on we all do it dont we?

I yell at my work phone when I go out for a smoke and have to run back in to answer it.  There must be a hidden camera at my desk, cos that's the only time it rings!!

I also apologise to chairs etc when I walk in to them...  :017:

At the moment.....my bike cover is getting a lot of grief due to the winds getting under it and knocking my bike over constantly. Really pissing me off, and i can see me doing a basil fawlty soon if it doesnt stop

At the moment.....my bike cover is getting a lot of grief due to the winds getting under it and knocking my bike over constantly. Really pissing me off, and i can see me doing a basil fawlty soon if it doesnt stop

With the bike parked on a solid flat surface on the side stand turning the steering full lock towards the same side will make it more stable. The cover probably wont fit in this position so chuck it in a cupboard and it wont act like a sail. Failing that take the bike into the house and park it in the lounge.

Dmacca, I had the same experiences with my Capri.

Didn't the 3000GT have a disinctive bulge in the bonnet - which was there so as it could accommodate the 3 litre engine?

I had a 3 litre V6 Granada Ghia Auto, which was my pride & joy back in the late seventies.

Put the foot down with that one, and you could actually see the fuel guage going down at the same time..!!

I loved that car though.... When I did speak to her, it was as if I was trying to chat her up....  :014:

I was also one of the Capri gang , had a beautiful silver 2.0 litre sport,best feel good car i have ever owned,lurved it ,also had a not so good 1.6 L clapped oot heap , me an a mate jointly bought for ?50 each,passenger seat wouldn't stay upright,stereo was kept in with a block of wood and it used mair oil than petrol,but got us around and it fitted right in as we stayed in Alness at the time!

Wife's shoes where she just flops them off her feet. Usually just inside the front door where I can fall over them--or worse, stand on them wiothout me slippers on.... :029:

Do you lot remember what a starting handle is or was? Had one once with a mind of it's own..Nearly took my thumb off in a backfire on me 1935 MG sports.

Great for getting started after a stall when your battery was dickie.  :016: