FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

brewster

Guest the4th stand

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest awayupingorgie

little update my mate says that donald park said that reason brewster was brought back is because

robbo was not a yes man and was always looking to improve standards. he said that robbo and park

could not beleive that players had to wash their own training kit !! and that he was always pushing the

board to invest in training ground and that they did not even have a youth team set up . the only reason

board got washing machine was when you guys beat celtic and got to semi of cup . he reckoned robbo

was to ambitous to push the club and standards forward, and  thats why brewster wanted park out

cos he was robbo and charlie christie s man

Much as I think Brewster is a crap manager and left us in the lurch, he's nothing if not demanding in professionalism.  It's fine for the new manager to want his own backroom, so no problem with Park going (other than they should never have brought back CB in the first place).

Robbo as manager would be a step in the wrong direction - assistant would be fine but let's have some new blood in there....and a place for Pele Paterson!

Guest birdog

he reckoned robbo was to ambitous to push the club and standards forward,

WTF does that mean? how can somebody be seen as too ambitious to push the club forward? I think gorgie should have a head count of it's idiots one seems to have escaped and gained access to a PC.

I am getting sick of this whole saga

Brewster is the manager right now. Some of us like that, some of us dont but at the end of the day, he is the manager until he or someone else decides he is not and we just need to get on with it.

If he stays then it would seem that he has a lot of work to do to prove himself to a sizeable proportion of fans. Over the last few weeks it has been one story after another and whether or not he is responsible in part or in full for any of the 'problems' that have been highlighted it has certainly dented many people's confidence in his ability when layer after layer of doom and gloom is heaped upon an already skeptical fanbase.

The treatment of Wyness, Wilson, Black and Rankin have all left a sour taste in the mouth but as information trickles out here and there, perhaps at least some of what he did on this front had merit. I don't think we will ever know the full story in most of these cases but in every case there seems to have been two sides to each story and some of them date back to before Brewster.

Going from Manager of the Month to the worst run of SPL defeats this season in the space of a matter of weeks also highlighted his tactical deficiencies. No manager sets out to lose as ultimately it will cost him his job but I dont think anyone can argue that there have been some bizarre tactics used. However, if he sends out a team that we all think is capable of winning then players also have to shoulder some blame for not performing. How many times over the last few months have fans come on here and moaned about this player or that player not being very good on any particular day .... loads !!!

As for Robbo - it could be a case of frying pan/fire .... As likeable a chap as he is, and as ambitious as he has shown to be (I recall his demands to our officials via the media that he got ICT to the SPL and now it was the boards turn to make sure we got in), he is an unknown quantity at SPL level really as he didnt have enough time at ICT (his choice), had one hand tied behind his back at Hearts, and inherited the football equivalent of the Titanic at Livi. Sure he did well for us in Div1 but that doesnt necessarily mean he would be an SPL success.

Good steady post from Scotty.

Yes Brew needs for us to give him some credit and ...dare I say it....a continuance of a really fair chance.

And after all the hot air of the last few weeks I DO hope that the players themselves come to the same conclusion. :023:

This is the last post from me and my bugle - My venom this season was based on the fact that CC was fecked and we had to endure a feckin circus around the already decided appointment of Brewster - and now we are going down the same feckin road about Robbo.  :33: :33:

This is the last post from me and my bugle - My venom this season was based on the fact that CC was fecked and we had to endure a feckin circus around the already decided appointment of Brewster - and now we are going down the same feckin road about Robbo.  :33: :33:

I can't believe they would be that stupid, would they....?

I can't believe they would be that stupid, would they....?

Is this why Savage has spat the dummy?