FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barry Wilson V Liverpool XI

Les Kidger

you ever tried getting a ticket for anfield??? :rotflmao:

What would that prove? There are a few Falkirk fans on P & B that get tickets for Liverpool games and others that easily get Everton ones as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we're all busy dishing out praise to the lads on the pitch tonight for a great performance let's not forget that Barry's Testimonial Committee also deserve some credit for what was, all in all, a great nights entertainment...and to John Robertson who, I believe, was the man behind setting up Liverpool as the opponents. Thanks also to the club for the part they played, to Craig Brewster for allowing the players time off to play, to past players and their clubs for coming back to see us...and to anyone else I've missed.

Also, big thumbs up to the fans for turning out on what was a pretty miserable evening, especially those in uncovered areas of the ground who took a drenching the entire night and, for the most part, just grinned and bared it.

It wasn't a league or cup win, it wasn't securing a top 6 finish or saving us from relegation....but it was a very enjoyable night and the near sell out crowd was fitting tribute for Barry, who, without a shadow of a doubt, will be remembered and talked about long after he hangs up his boots (which hopefully isn't for a little while yet).

that's what I said :rotflmao:

anyhoo - I echo your sentiments. A lot of work has obviously gone on in the background to organise this and many many people deserve credit ... so to all of them, well done for making tonight a good one by all accounts.

I take it no players that we actually have heard of are coming up then?

Liverpool promised in the contract to take a minimum of 2 first team players to the game so it was understand by the caley end 2 firnge first-team players but infact they have just talen the reserve team

very disappointing :thumb04:

Seven of the guys they fielded tonight have first team squad numbers i.e. they've made the bench even if they haven't got off it. Eccleston is an England youth international. I don't think it's any massive disrespect to Barry to play the reserve side of the club who were recently champions of Europe - and to thump them with a number of players who might best be described as mature. I certainly don't think their manager saw it coming :rotflmao:

Seven of the guys they fielded tonight have first team squad numbers i.e. they've made the bench even if they haven't got off it. Eccleston is an England youth international. I don't think it's any massive disrespect to Barry to play the reserve side of the club who were recently champions of Europe - and to thump them with a number of players who might best be described as mature. I certainly don't think their manager saw it coming :rotflmao:

I was very disappointed. As I was explaining to my "occasional" neighbour that we would get beaten by a few, but would score at least one. That is the way of these things.

If only they had chosen a side with a bit more class, someone like, say, Hamilton Accies!

I was very disappointed. As I was explaining to my "occasional" neighbour that we would get beaten by a few, but would score at least one. That is the way of these things.

If only they had chosen a side with a bit more class, someone like, say, Hamilton Accies!

I did start singing "Are you Gretna in disguise" at one point, before the withering looks you attract in the main stand if you raise your voice above a whisper shrivelled me to a crisp :thumb04:

Wow................he is some size now. But you know what, he read everything and never wasted one ball out of defence. He looked as though he still had Viduka Wright and Fuller in his back pocket.

Masterclass for Jamie Duff, (just don't eat this much at home kids)

Guest Aboynamedsue

I can only look upon last night as a bit of fun & entertainment for Barry's testimonial & i'm sure he really enjoyed it .

But hey lets not get too excited after all Liverpool XI didnt look much older than a bunch of boy scouts ,

Also given that we mustve used around 11 subs it was never going to be difficult !

Oh & during the Legends game does anyone agree that the boys having a kick about along the side took a bit of the shine off it ?

Shattered after that run back down the road in the rain and up for work this morning, not getting any younger. Wouldn't have missed it though. Must say thanks to everybody involved in making it such a memorable night.

Guest Aboynamedsue

Lets just remember we beat Liverpool 5-0 in a friendly last night and not who they had playing :thumb04:

Aye right :rotflmao:

Caleyrule, you sound a bit like a Liverpool Fan without the bus fare. You know, the ones who support a team they're never likely to go see live and just buys the shirt so they can wear it while watching the matches on the TV?

I don't think anyone ever gave the impression that the LIverpool Squad coming up for the game would be anything other than what it is. And, like me, I'm sure the vast majority of (home) fans will be there tonight to support Barry Wilson and will barely give second thought to who's wearing the Liverpool shirts.

For a start

I may only be 16 but i have had a season ticket since 2000

I go to every home and away game every season including cup games

I was in Denmark watching the pre-season and i was at 5 pre-season games in scotland and then went to the burnely game

I do buy the top every season along with a programme at every game spend for too much on inverness each year to be honest

does that make me a fan or an arm chair fan?

Caleyrule, you sound a bit like a Liverpool Fan without the bus fare. You know, the ones who support a team they're never likely to go see live and just buys the shirt so they can wear it while watching the matches on the TV?

I don't think anyone ever gave the impression that the LIverpool Squad coming up for the game would be anything other than what it is. And, like me, I'm sure the vast majority of (home) fans will be there tonight to support Barry Wilson and will barely give second thought to who's wearing the Liverpool shirts.

For a start

I was in Denmark watching the pre-season and i was at 5 pre-season games in scotland and then went to the burnely game

I do buy the top every season along with a programme at every game spend for too much on inverness each year to be honest

He is like caley's number 1 fan.

makes me sound like an arm chair fan!

For a start

you sound like an out and out arm chair fan! a disgrace! not welcome! :rotflmao: :018:

Very commited lad.... now go on and get out and have a life beyond ICT. There is so much out there!!! :thumb04:

Feck me ... either you or your parents must be loaded !!! Very commendable effort indeed.

For a start

You know he was talking about being a Liverpool fan without the bus fare right? Nothing about being an arm chair ICT in his post.

Also, while I admire your staunch devotion to ICT and it is great to see / hear, I doubt very much at the age of 16 and also before when you were 8, you were having to pay for all this yourself as you claim.

I whish I was a fan like him.

I only get to home games and Buy a program from every footy match I go to!

I might get to more away games on the bus with my parents and sister.

You know he was talking about being a Liverpool fan without the bus fare right? Nothing about being an arm chair ICT in his post.

Also, while I admire your staunch devotion to ICT and it is great to see / hear, I doubt very much at the age of 16 and also before when you were 8, you were having to pay for all this yourself as you claim.

Very commited lad.... now go on and get out and have a life beyond ICT. There is so much out there!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family did an insurance thing when i was 6 onwards i wan it when i was 7

it was 5,000

needless to say when i was 14 -15 not a lot left but no i am working part time it has saved me and now i pay for everything myself

i wldnt say i am very commited i just follow my team and i agree i need a life outside ICT but the problem is i dont :rotflmao:

any ideas what a life is like

Not necessarilly(spelling?) true. I remember from about 13/14 I payed for my "football habbit" if you will, entriely off my own back.