FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alex Rae

FortressICT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Wilson with his old man as assistant?

On the supporters bus yesterday, we done a poll.

"If Brewster was to go - who would be your choice as his replacement?"

The winner was ......... Barry Wilson!

:rotflmao:

Barry would be a big gamble, I think we need somebody with experience at this stage, while I sure Barry will be a candidate in the future I dont think it would be fair on him throwning him in at this stage

Wouldn't be my choice....but there aren't a lot of strong candidates out there if CB did decide to stand down.... :rotflmao:

No truth in the rumour then that CC has already been asked whether he would step in on a temporary basis? :thumb04:

Makes a lot of sense to put CC in temporary charge. If he enjoys it, handles the pressure and results are decent then it could become permanent.

Well these are the three things that CC that he didnt have that made him want to leave months before he did,

Only a lot of work by Grassa made him change his mind.

Wouldn't be my choice....but there aren't a lot of strong candidates out there if CB did decide to stand down.... :rotflmao:

No truth in the rumour then that CC has already been asked whether he would step in on a temporary basis? :thumb04:

Makes a lot of sense to put CC in temporary charge. If he enjoys it, handles the pressure and results are decent then it could become permanent.

Well these are the three things that CC that he didnt have that made him want to leave months before he did,

Only a lot of work by Grassa made him change his mind.

Eh....I did say "If"

On the supporters bus yesterday, we done a poll.

"If Brewster was to go - who would be your choice as his replacement?"

The winner was ......... Barry Wilson!

To those who say its just us on this site trouble making ..... this should speak volumes about how other diehards feel. Who they choose is immaterial, the fact that there is even a discussion taking place at all is enough !!!

am i the only person who rates stevie frail?

i think he could do an excellent job for us and after the way he was treatd at hearts i believe that he would have the spine to not be a yes man

No you are not i also think he could do a good job

how about Ian McCall?

How about ghandi as coach, paul daniels as player-manager and buddha as head scout.

Not one of these managers mentioned would do anything differently or better than Brew has done. Not one of them can perform miracles, but Brew can keep us up.

But, if i had to choose a serious candidate it would be steve paterson, a drunk but a genius.

How about ghandi as coach, paul daniels as player-manager and buddha as head scout.

Not one of these managers mentioned would do anything differently or better than Brew has done. Not one of them can perform miracles, but Brew can keep us up.

But, if i had to choose a serious candidate it would be steve paterson, a drunk but a genius.

Aye, you're dead right there Pele was a genius. He had a good eye for a younger player with potential and had so many good contacts in football. What a pity there couldn't be a role for him at the club these days.

Don't want anyone back for a second time.

We need fresh ideas injected into this club. I feel sympathy for Rae as the dark blues are skint and he had major injury problems so i find his sacking incredibly harsh.

I think Gordon Chisolm would be good, would may'be go for Alex Rae, whats Craig Brown doing these days??

Also Gerard Houllier is still out of work :rotflmao:

Stevie Frail was a puppet, a yes man at Hearts. A yes man is exactly what we don't need at the club. There are enough puppets at the club already and that's just at the big table.

Ian McColl would single handedly destroy our youth setup.

That being said though, I will stick by my guns. Anyone and I genuinely mean anyone would be better than Brewster and Thomson.

I'd like to see Gordon Chisholm up here but doubt it'd ever happen. I suppose there's only one man who'll ever make a decision as to whether 1) the current manager will be sacked and 2) who will replace him. And I fully expect the next manager to tick the "jobs for the boys" requirement box. :rotflmao:

Edited by Jay_7

I suppose there's only one man who'll ever make a decision as to whether 1) the current manager will be sacked and 2) who will replace him. And I fully expect the next manager to tick the "jobs for the boys" requirement box. :rotflmao:

What does that mean?

I suppose there's only one man who'll ever make a decision as to whether 1) the current manager will be sacked and 2) who will replace him. And I fully expect the next manager to tick the "jobs for the boys" requirement box. :rotflmao:

What does that mean?

I think he means Grassa but the truth is Grassa would have to get agreement from the Board as it would cost the club money. The fact that the club is losing money at the moment is another issue. Investing in another manager midway through the season can be disruptive in a squad that is performing but IMHO I don't think it would have a negative effect and the right man could win back the dressing room, motivate the players and attract the fans back to the stadium.

i think he could do an excellent job for us and after the way he was treatd at hearts i believe that he would have the spine to not be a yes man

Yes, next!

The only half-decent alternative so far.

It should have been Coyle from the off, but it wasn't.

As things stand, I still think Brewster can turn it round.

I'd like to see Gordon Chisholm up here but doubt it'd ever happen.

I thought the general consensous was that flunking at Dundee Utd made you therefore not good enough?

Or is it one rule for some...

Edited by chris123

What does that mean?

That means it doesn't matter a jot what us lowly fans think, it's up to one man and one man only. The only board meetings that would take place would be to inform all of the yes-men and puppets on the board what decision has been made.

This would be the same man that offered Brewster a managers job at ICT before CC had even left his position. That was why Brewster had it written into his Aberdeen contract that if it just so happened that a team were to require his managerial services he should be released at the right price.

Despite knowing that the job was Brewsters, the board saw fit to have a poll at a meeting with the fans on who they would like to see in charge at ICT. Nothing but pure spin to make us beleive that there were interviews going on with a "shortlist of candidates" and there was dialogue with Neil Warnock.

To summarise, as I have posted many times here before, there is more wrong at ICT than just the management team. The problem goes to boardroom level.

Edited by Jay_7