FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alex Rae

FortressICT

Guest onlyonedougieimre

These are the realistic targets.....Owen Coyle, john Robertson, MAYBE Gordon Chisom, Colin Calderwood, John collins would be good, but a bit out of our reach.

Lets just sack brewster and get someone elts in, QUICK!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Gordon Chisholm up here but doubt it'd ever happen.

I thought the general consensous was that flunking at Dundee Utd made you therefore not good enough?

Or is it one rule for some...

I have never cited his failure at Dundee United as an exclusive reason for why he shouldn't be in charge here. The simple differences are Brewster has not once demonstrated that he alone has managerial ability. Our 7 game unbeaten run or however long it was, was orchestrated by Donald Park and not by Brewster. Gordon Chisholm on the other hand, has demonstrated he has managerial ability with far less resources at an inferior level. Given the players we have, I think he would do a grand job up here.

Feel free to selectively quote what I have said though :rotflmao:

Edited by Jay_7

I'd like to see Gordon Chisholm up here but doubt it'd ever happen.

I thought the general consensous was that flunking at Dundee Utd made you therefore not good enough?

Or is it one rule for some...

I have never cited his failure at Dundee United as an exclusive reason for why he shouldn't be in charge here. The simple differences are Brewster has not once demonstrated that he alone has managerial ability. Our 7 game unbeaten run or however long it was, was orchestrated by Donald Park and not by Brewster. Gordon Chisholm on the other hand, has demonstrated he has managerial ability with far less resources at an inferior level. Given the players we have, I think he would do a grand job up here.

Feel free to selectively quote what I have said though :rotflmao:

Chisolm has been mentioned by a number of people. A number of people have also cited Brewster's failure at Dundee Utd as an exclusive reason why he shouldn't be in charge here. It was not a go at you, I merely quoted your point to give an example, as I am a lazy ****.

I will disregard the last comment, as you and I both know thats not what I intended to do.

Edited by chris123

Manager - Darren Ferguson (Peterborough)

Got them promoted from league two. and now sitting in play-offs in league one. Scottish, hungry, ambitious, lots of contacts, not least his Dad. QPR are after him though, may see his future in Premiership, in which case

Manager - David Cormie (Inverurie Locos)

Gets the players motivated, gives them confidence, huge drive, fan orientated, handles pressure. I would love to have him at ICT

Chisolm has been mentioned by a number of people. A number of people have also cited Brewster's failure at Dundee Utd as an exclusive reason why he shouldn't be in charge here. It was not a go at you, I merely quoted your point to give an example, as I am a lazy ****.

I will disregard the last comment, as you and I both know thats not what I intended to do.

My apologies Chris, I got the impression it was me you were aiming it at.

It's true that Brewsters failure at Dundee United has been cited by a few folk, but I really don't think that it is exclusively down to that.

Chisholm has done a great job at Q.O.S with relatively little resources. A heartbeat away from landing the Scottish Cup last season and strongly challenging for promotion this all at the same time as playing relatively attractive attacking football.

I note that their chairman said, when refusing Dundee permission to speak to him, that their attitude might have been different had it been an SPL club.

Guest Mahonio

One thing to remember when naming potential new managers... We would have to go for someone out of work, remembering compensation issue if we went for someone in work.

My choice: Jim Duffy or Steven Frail!

My first choice would be Donald Park. I really like the guy and the players seem to respect him. I realise he didn't want to be considered for the job when Charlie left, but I would at least like to see the club offer him the job but perhaps he hasn't been at Hibs long enough.

Manager - Darren Ferguson (Peterborough)

Got them promoted from league two. and now sitting in play-offs in league one. Scottish, hungry, ambitious, lots of contacts, not least his Dad. QPR are after him though, may see his future in Premiership, in which case

Manager - David Cormie (Inverurie Locos)

Gets the players motivated, gives them confidence, huge drive, fan orientated, handles pressure. I would love to have him at ICT

My nephew played under Cormie at Huntly and says most of the players couldnt stand him

My first choice would be Donald Park. I really like the guy and the players seem to respect him. I realise he didn't want to be considered for the job when Charlie left, but I would at least like to see the club offer him the job but perhaps he hasn't been at Hibs long enough.

I remember when I was first introduced to Robbo and Donald Park at the stadium as "the Internet Guy" .... Robbo ripped the **** right out of him about being the computer geek in their relationship and then went on to mention how absolutely everything he does in training or in games is analysed on computer and looked at from many different angles to point out strengths, weaknesses etc. He is definitely a valuable coach, the players also seem to like him, but the big question is whether he actually wants to be a manager or not or whether he is happier in the lower profile role as a #2 or backroom guy. I believe we have offered him the top job twice and he has turned it down both times ...... or was that just spin?

I remember when I was first introduced to Robbo and Donald Park at the stadium as "the Internet Guy" .... Robbo ripped the **** right out of him about being the computer geek in their relationship and then went on to mention how absolutely everything he does in training or in games is analysed on computer and looked at from many different angles to point out strengths, weaknesses etc. He is definitely a valuable coach, the players also seem to like him, but the big question is whether he actually wants to be a manager or not or whether he is happier in the lower profile role as a #2 or backroom guy. I believe we have offered him the top job twice and he has turned it down both times ...... or was that just spin?

Call me cynical, but I know what I'd put my money on... :rotflmao: