FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football Manager 2009

badger1

Best advice I can give is when you're shipping goals, tighten up the defence first and foremost. And keep doing that until yoy build up some results. Also bringing in loans, frees and cheapos can bring in a bit of inspiration.

Best advice I can give is when you're shipping goals, tighten up the defence first and foremost. And keep doing that until yoy build up some results. Also bringing in loans, frees and cheapos can bring in a bit of inspiration.

Are you Craig Brewster? :rotflmao:

Heres a good 1 while i was playing it.

When i went to Caley the first thing i did was get Ian Black and Don Cowie signed up on new 3 year deals.

Watch and learn Grassa.

Im a huge football manager fan, i was caley for two years but i wanted a change. Taking jonas(sp?) rasmussen on loan is a great move. I always used a defensive 4-4-2 but any 4-4-2 should work, you will need to buy a decent striker as Barrowman/rooney just dont do the job.

Im a huge football manager fan, i was caley for two years but i wanted a change. Taking jonas(sp?) rasmussen on loan is a great move. I always used a defensive 4-4-2 but any 4-4-2 should work, you will need to buy a decent striker as Barrowman/rooney just dont do the job.

Not necessarily. At home i play Wood and Barrowman upfront, and away it tends to be a 4-4-1-1 with Imrie playing behind either Wood or Barrowman and i finished 3rd last season :thumb04: and Wood finished top goalscorer in the SPL :rotflmao:

oh, most of my goals were coming from imrie playing LM. Although speaking of garry wood im three seasons in with aston villa and i noticed that he's gotten really good. Tried to do a screenshot but it wasn't zoomed in enough. Il keep trying.

Picture1-2.png

Edited by TtotheOtotheM

• 2 weeks later...

if barrowman isnt scoring it most definately is the tactics your using

i suggest you dont do anything contradictive i.e. high tempo with short passing

freebies are the best, some good cheap youth players as well

watch the game and see where you are struggling and who is causing the damage

it took me 2 seasons to get saints promoted, i usually do it in 1 :rotflmao: , i would say it is definately harder and rory mcallistar has always been a good fm player :thumb04:

I'm sadly addicted and have just finished the 2016 season succesfully defending the scottish cup. Even got to the semi final of the Euro cup the season before. Only managed 3rd in the league though so the elusive champions league spot is the problem. A wee hint. I hired Ewan White who was a scout at Motherwell. He has good ratings for player potential and ability. He has found me some cracking young players in the english leagues and in Europe. I keep taking in young players with great potential from England on Bosmans. If you do this they eventually want to go south again but Ive made vast amounts of money selling them and now have a 20000 capacity at the Tulloch stadium and about 20 mil in the bank with a 240 grand a week wage budget. A lot of the players are happy to stay now because of the teams stature in Europe. Its not the ideal way to do it but ICT are now ranked 39th in Europe and i feel Champions league glory is in my grasp in the next 2 or 3 years!! I did say I was addicted but the 3d game viewing is streets ahead of old versions. A few tweaks are required to improve the consistency and realism if I'm going to be critical but really if you love your footi and want to go places with ICT then this is the game for you..... PS. tried a few formations but 442 is the one I have found suits best for ICT.

Edited by Slip1970

Interesting. Im 6 months in, hovering around 8th which is not ideal but i had a raft if injuries and too many draws, hope i can get to 6th, we will see. Michael Morton is a solid player in DM, Cowie signed a contract straight off the bat but waited a month or two after Black had rejected and he signed again too. My front line i guess is Barrowman and Rory, but not sure who should be TM or what,

Any tips on how to score more welcomed. I play a 4-4-2 defensive,

I found that I had a lot of draws the first season as well which I felt was a bit unrealistic as I tended to take the lead and then lose a late equaliser. Scraped 6th in the end. I play an attacking 442 so it helps if you can get right and left sided midfielders with pace and good crossing ability. For goals there is no doubt the higher the composure rating the better. You definitely get a better return. Pace and high heading ratings are an advantage as well. I have found that foreign players take more time to settle but if they have the stats then it is worth perservering. Of note in my game is that Ian Vigurs turns into a Scottish International and you will struggle to keep him as I had a host of premiership clubs after him. Cowie did well for me as well. Takes a great freekick(which I've yet to see in real life!!). Michael Fraser is pretty solid in goals as well. Barrowman eventually started banging them in for me but was a bit injury prone and then he got greedy but I sold him for 2.5 million so it wasn't all bad. If you decide to sell a player and there is interest from bigger clubs offer them at over inflated prices and you will be surprised at the silly money that is offered. Just drop your asking price slowlyif there is no interest and you will eventually get a bite. I always try and get sell on clauses for younger players as well as you end up getting more money for them in later years if they are good. Thats where a good scout finding young talent in the premiership helps as the value of younger players soar as they mature and hopefully shine in your first team. Picked up some great young players from the likes of West Ham, Blackburn, Newcastle. I have the french and english top leagues playing in the background and because of this ther is a lot of good young french players about as well. Look for their potential rating from the scout. If its a definite purchase you will generally want the player. It helps to filter out unrealistic targets as well. Patience is a virtue though......

• 2 months later...