FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Countdown Mark 2

I know Brew has only just left but they must have had a contingency plan

I can obviously understand it's important to get the right man but the more days that pass without a manager the less time we have to bring in new players

That thread got clogged up but it is possibly the most important topic of our season. We have to remember that it is our Board who supported Brewster until mid January when he quite clearly, in the best interests of the club should have been feckin booted out in early December at least - apart from putting Roy at left back yesterday what have Grassa and co actually changed - SFA.

If we get a new manager on Tuesday what feckin chance does he have - bet he asks fer a 6 month contract - if the Board also quash the obvious need to take on Robbo and feck their internal nonsense.

At Tynie we had the spirit restored - we have the commitment - we have the energy - we have the resolve - we have the fitness - we probably have the loyal support - BUT we dont have consistency - we dont have a settled team - we dont have a settled system (home or away) - we dont have creativity and we dont have a striker (s).

We hardly ever look like scoring from open play - we rely on the dead ball ploy - we have nobody to create in midfield - or anybody played in that position. We went fer Tokely and Duncan to play central midfield - give me a feckin break. We can look pretty but as soon as we get into the final third - unless it is a dead ball - we are fecked.

I am very concerned - as ma wee friend Hairy alluded to - that we may be too late - the feckin Board have sat on this fer too long and it has totally backfired on them - They are as much to blame as Brewster - nae feckin more.

And look at some of the tactical decisions yesterday - FECKIN SHOCKING.

We need a creative midfielder and a striker or we could be fecked ?

So dont get hung up that it will be better without Brewster cos the peeple to blame are still in their jobs.

Yep, I think it was Pat Nevin yesterday who was saying similar.

Why why why, let him (C.B.) bring in FOUR players in the window and then relieve him of his duties.

It's actually incredibly obvious but truly bizarre timing. Not at all fair on the new guy

Yep, I think it was Pat Nevin yesterday who was saying similar.

Why why why, let him (C.B.) bring in FOUR players in the window and then relieve him of his duties.

It's actually incredibly obvious but truly bizarre timing. Not at all fair on the new guy

EXACTLY - the peeple in charge of this club are trying to bamboozle us by using Brewster as a scapegoat and looking to take a big name in - They may even break the bank to prevent Robbo - They are to blame - they should be MADE to stand up and explain why they backed Brewster until mid january and to explain the debacle of tactical ineptness that occured at Tynie yesterday.

How can any new manager be expected to take this on and have his own say in it ? DISGRACEFUL - WE THE FANS HAVE BEEN LET DOWN.

This is a lose, lose situation for the Board.

If they had not allowed Brew to freshen up the squad pre Hamilton, the knives would be out.

Since they did the knives are out.

I take it, from your posting, that the new manager will not rate Brews latest signings.

The Board are at fault if they take their time and get the correct manager.

The Board are at fault if they don't sign Robertson.

Brewster is no longer a bad manager, he is a Scapegoat.

We were 2 mins away from a wonderful result ( a draw playing with 10 men against the team lying third in the table) and it was the Board that caused the defeat. Now if that way of playing is 'the debacle of tactical ineptness' may we have it every week as I think this would result in us surviving the drop!

If the new manager was watching on Saturday he must be aware of the potential positive results he can get with the nucleus of the team on display.

I dont actually think Brewster's signings were that big a problem ...... it was his tactics and lack of man management that were his downfall.

He brought in 4 players this window - Mihadjuks, Morais, Gatheussi, and Byrne. The jury will be out on Byrne and Gattheussi until they have a decent amount of playing time but Mihadjuks certainly looks decent and Morais had a stunning debut. If you add another Brewster signing - Imrie - to the mix then I will say again that quite a few of his signings were not that bad ..... I know we could use Zadi and others to point the other direction but lets not forget, he was only able (allowed?) to give any of his signings a contract to the end of the season so these guys have a little over 4 months to prove to the new guy that they are worth keeping or he can punt them.

In terms of rescuing the season it matters not a jot whether we like, dislike or are indifferent to the recent signings or if Brewster should have been allowed to sign them shortly before being sacked. The fact is, they are here, and the incoming manager has to assess them along with the remainder of the squad and decide what part they can play in turning things around.

One question I hope that is coming up in interviews is "Have you identified players you might want to bring in before Monday?". I would expect any Manager who is serious about the job to have done his homework on that and perhaps even gone so far as to make a couple of "If I got the job would you be interested in coming to ICT" type phone calls to potential targets....I know that's what I would have spent the last week doing if I was a manager throwing my hat into the ring for the job.

This is a lose, lose situation for the Board.

If they had not allowed Brew to freshen up the squad pre Hamilton, the knives would be out.

Since they did the knives are out.

I take it, from your posting, that the new manager will not rate Brews latest signings.

The Board are at fault if they take their time and get the correct manager.

The Board are at fault if they don't sign Robertson.

Brewster is no longer a bad manager, he is a Scapegoat.

We were 2 mins away from a wonderful result ( a draw playing with 10 men against the team lying third in the table) and it was the Board that caused the defeat. Now if that way of playing is 'the debacle of tactical ineptness' may we have it every week as I think this would result in us surviving the drop!

If the new manager was watching on Saturday he must be aware of the potential positive results he can get with the nucleus of the team on display.

Och I am only trying to get a debate going. You have some good points - Morais and Magicduck (especially the latter) look like good signings - but Morais is still to be tested. A new manager will want to have his own back room, his own style and eventually his own players. I am simply saying that it was on the cards as to where we were going months ago and a new manager should have been sought in December - before the transfer window. And what I meant about the tactics is that it could actually have been Brew in charge. The changes were dubious, the system untested. We stayed in the game because of two "world class" finishes and real desire and committment. If we have the same tactics and the same players as saturday we will be relegated.

I agree that we have the nucleus of the team but that is about it. Brew was both a bad manager and a scapegoat.

One question I hope that is coming up in interviews is "Have you identified players you might want to bring in before Monday?". I would expect any Manager who is serious about the job to have done his homework on that and perhaps even gone so far as to make a couple of "If I got the job would you be interested in coming to ICT" type phone calls to potential targets....I know that's what I would have spent the last week doing if I was a manager throwing my hat into the ring for the job.

Great shout and must be on the agenda. But if it had been in December ??

Had it been in December then it would have opened the "suitable candidate" field a bit and brought in those who might be proven and experienced, but perhaps didn't have specific knowledge of the team and/or the SPL. They would have had some time to get to know the squad and then be able to make decisions from there.

Unfortunately it's not December, it's the end of January. We have less than a week to go in the transfer window and as far as I am concerned there's only one of the "current favourites" for the job who can hand on heart say that he knows the team/club and would be positioned to hit the ground running (well, flying is what he needs to be doing).

Up until now, we might have been able to afford someone like a Knox or Butcher a couple of days to get a feel for the place before doing anything....but we're now at the stage where I think that appointing anyone other than Robbo would be negligent on the part of the Board.

Had it been in December then it would have opened the "suitable candidate" field a bit and brought in those who might be proven and experienced, but perhaps didn't have specific knowledge of the team and/or the SPL. They would have had some time to get to know the squad and then be able to make decisions from there.

Unfortunately it's not December, it's the end of January. We have less than a week to go in the transfer window and as far as I am concerned there's only one of the "current favourites" for the job who can hand on heart say that he knows the team/club and would be positioned to hit the ground running (well, flying is what he needs to be doing).

Up until now, we might have been able to afford someone like a Knox or Butcher a couple of days to get a feel for the place before doing anything....but we're now at the stage where I think that appointing anyone other than Robbo would be negligent on the part of the Board.

Agreed 100%. If anyone other than Robbo is announced tomorrow, I will be bitterly disappointed with the board.

Edited by Jay_7

Johnboy, I'm actually going to give the club the benefit of the doubt at this point in time.

After the failure of re-appointing Brewster then they will have an understandable "mental block" about going down that route and appointing Robbo, despite the scenario being entirely different.

I just hope that they've spent the last week working through that by speaking to all suitable candidates and arriving at the conclusion many of us reached a long while back.

For many on the board this could be a do or die decision....get it wrong, and no matter how they try and spin it, then they would have no choice but to walk themselves. I'm quite happy to have shown a bit of patience under those circumstances.

You really think they'll have gone through all the shenanigens of interviewing people like Knox, Butcher etc, etc when all the time they've had a pretty good idea who'd be best placed to take the job on?

Robbo was sitting in the stand on Saturday.... The team might have got an extra buzz if an announcement had been made prior to the start of the match, that he was to be Brewster's successor... wouldn't they have figured that out?

I fear you may be guilty of crediting the board with having more sense than many supporters and posters on here will ever give them credit for.

You really think they'll have gone through all the shenanigens of interviewing people like Knox, Butcher etc, etc when all the time they've had a pretty good idea who'd be best placed to take the job on?

Robbo was sitting in the stand on Saturday.... The team might have got an extra buzz if an announcement had been made prior to the start of the match, that he was to be Brewster's successor... wouldn't they have figured that out?

I fear you may be guilty of crediting the board with having more sense than many supporters and posters on here will ever give them credit for.

I'm with you Johnboy, I'd be very surprised if Robbo got the job (unless my contact got it very wrong).