FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Malky Thomson

FourFourTwo

According to the News of the World yesterday, the Chester Chairman was so impressed by Malky during his time their as Blobby Williamson's Number 2, that they want him to become Manager in his own right, taking over from Mark Wright.

If this is true, and he's given the opportunity, good luck to him. I remember a rumour that Grassa asked him if he'd be interested in the ICT job instead of going to United with Brew and the other boys that left.

According to the News of the World yesterday, the Chester Chairman was so impressed by Malky during his time their as Blobby Williamson's Number 2, that they want him to become Manager in his own right, taking over from Mark Wright.

If this is true, and he's given the opportunity, good luck to him. I remember a rumour that Grassa asked him if he'd be interested in the ICT job instead of going to United with Brew and the other boys that left.

That is telling. I heard also that he was a useless and disliked loudmouth. I'll be watching Chesters' career with interest, if and when.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to reopen such an old thread but.....

Read in the paper he is now the reserve team coach at Birmingham! How did he manage to get that gig??

By completing courses to gain the appropriate coaching badges.

according to the HN article he is doing his UEFA Pro license and as part of that he ended up doing a stint at Man Utd. He used to be a player at Aberdeen when Ferguson was boss and they supposedly kept in touch over the years. The article doesnt say it but the headline suggests that Fergie might have put in a good word for him with another former Don who was looking for someone to help with their academy youngsters trying to make it to the first team (so not quite the reserves, but still a decent gig). good luck to him.