FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kingsmill suite

RossP

What time is the Kingsmill suite open from? I've heard 12.30pm, in time for the televised lunchtime kickoff? If so, can you buy pies etc at that time? Wouldn't mind getting a couple of pies there for lunch, in amongst the pints.

Also, is it a shirt and tie job? Or can you wear an ICT top, jeans and trainers...

It's the "Kingsmills Club" on matchdays. Hot food is available pre-match, but what that consists of I'm not sure. Opening time sounds about right although I don't have an exact note of it. Not a shirt and tie job.

Awesome.

Anyone else been to the Kingsmill Club on saturday? v. Ayr?

Any other information would be great!

It's a fairly relaxed thing, basically the bar is open, you can have a bite to eat and watch some footie on the box..... much like going to any other football/social club before a game. You then have the free cuppa and a pie at HT and can wander back in after the game for a pint while the crowds/traffic clear.

I assume you've got a pass/membership for Saturday? For those not aware of it, the club are doing a one day membership for the C*unty game for ?10 and if you like it and decide to join up they'll knock the ?10 off the full price.

It's a fairly relaxed thing, basically the bar is open, you can have a bite to eat and watch some footie on the box..... much like going to any other football/social club before a game. You then have the free cuppa and a pie at HT and can wander back in after the game for a pint while the crowds/traffic clear.

I assume you've got a pass/membership for Saturday? For those not aware of it, the club are doing a one day membership for the C*unty game for ?10 and if you like it and decide to join up they'll knock the ?10 off the full price.

Aye, it's my birthday on Saturday; so my dad has bought match tickets for us, along with the Kingsmill club 1 match pass.

Quite looking forward to seeing part of the club i've never seen before!

Seen this advertised the other week.

?10 for the match or ?100 for the season... A bit steep to just sit and watch the telly.

Ross County have the same facilities in the Hamilton Lounge, but it's FREE !

I also noticed that the official leaflet for refered to the "Kingmills Club" even spelt wrong..

Also includes parking, programme, team lines, HT pie and drink...so altogether it's really not that badly priced. Over 18 home games the cost comes out at something like ?130 worth of stuff included in the membership.

ICT don't seem to have been given the same freedom on their drinks license as C*unty, so unfortunately they can't provide the same kind of facility.

That'll be named after Jim Hamilton then. Legend.

No I think the Wheelie Bin was named after Jim Hamilton.

The Hamilton lounge was named after David Hamilton, a volunteer who helped out at County for most of his life, and was at the club nearly every day of the week... You would have seen him helping the team on match days right up until his sudden death a few years ago.

Not that u would be driving after having a few :D

I heard that it was chaotic today - overcrowded and no car parking spaces available to regulars - another case of the club must do better :024:

Get tired of this! There is a finite space, two ways out, the busiest trunk road in the Highlands mobbed on the busiest shopping day of the week and our busiest crowd of the season. Most if not 95% of clubs don't give a toss if you have somewhere to park your car or not and leave you with the entire problem. Our club do far more than most and still get slaughtered.

Leave the car and walk. Get a bus. Cycle. Get a lift. Camp. Don't take your car as you will be on here moaning!

Edited by Sorted

I heard that it was chaotic today - overcrowded and no car parking spaces available to regulars - another case of the club must do better :blink:

Get tired of this! There is a finite space, two ways out, the busiest trunk road in the Highlands mobbed on the busiest shopping day of the week and our busiest crowd of the season. Most if not 95% of clubs don't give a toss if you have somewhere to park your car or not and leave you with the entire problem. Our club do far more than most and still get slaughtered.

Leave the car and walk. Get a bus. Cycle. Get a lift. Camp. Don't take your car as you will be on here moaning!

Good points but not the issue - watch this space Sauted B)

I heard that it was chaotic today - overcrowded and no car parking spaces available to regulars - another case of the club must do better :blink:

Good advice, but if the club offer, and accept payment for that facility they should maintain that it is properly run. There were no, zilch, zero stewarts on the exit when my turn came to girn my way out of the ensuing chaos. And these men in yellow - Their hats say parking warden, their jackets say police, I say clueless fekkers.

:025: :025: :025: :025:

Agree totally. I parked at the dump around 1pm, left the car there for a fast getaway at full time and walked to the Innes (which takes maybe 15 mins). When we arrived about 2.40 displaying a priority windscreen notice the lassie attendant said that 100 Kingsmills club members had decided to turn up and 'they all brought their cars'.

*EDITED to add, crossover posts, I'll watch the space Tichy B)

Edited by The Mantis

Good advice, but if the club offer, and accept payment for that facility they should maintain that it is properly run. There were no, zilch, zero stewarts on the exit when my turn came to girn my way out of the ensuing chaos. And these men in yellow - Their hats say parking warden, their jackets say police, I say clueless fekkers.

The reason, as I understand it, that there's no stewards in the carpark at the end of the game is because the majority of people were ignoring their instructions, one steward was injured and putting anyone in there to try and conduct the traffic had become a serious safety concern.

I heard that it was chaotic today - overcrowded and no car parking spaces available to regulars - another case of the club must do better :D

I was in the car park yesterday and it took 40 mins just to get out and then another 20 mins just to get into town. NOT THE BEST!

I heard that it was chaotic today - overcrowded and no car parking spaces available to regulars - another case of the club must do better :D

I was in the car park yesterday and it took 40 mins just to get out and then another 20 mins just to get into town. NOT THE BEST!

Think some of the problems outside the stadium were being caused by the traffic warden at the away car park. He let all the cars in the away end out to the roundabout and stopped all the traffic coming along in front of the stadium. I was stuck for about 15 mins and it appeared chaos was taking place behind where we were stuck. Eventually another officer (?) came along from the main roundabout to see what was going on. Eventually everyone got moving and was waved out easily at the roundabout. I need to take the car as live outside Inverness and need to pick up my youngest on my way home in the Crown area. Used to park in town and take bus but found this just as bad. I think we need to be patient when there is a big crowd.

I heard that it was chaotic today - overcrowded and no car parking spaces available to regulars - another case of the club must do better :angry:

This isn't a car park thead, but a Kingsmills Suite/Club thread. Part of the Kingsmills club deal is that you get priority parking. As you had to be a full member or book a day membership, the numbers would have been no surprise although a number of people couldn't get into the 'priority' parking due to insufficient reserved spaces.

This a different issue to the exiting the car park one. Not too sure why, but the traffic was worse than ever on Saturday, and I know it was a big game, but I've been to big games before.

Aye, it's my birthday on Saturday; so my dad has bought match tickets for us, along with the Kingsmill club 1 match pass.

Quite looking forward to seeing part of the club i've never seen before!

Well, young Sir, was this a good Birthday pressie (forget the football)??

Is this facility to be recommended at the price?

Think some of the problems outside the stadium were being caused by the traffic warden at the away car park. He let all the cars in the away end out to the roundabout and stopped all the traffic coming along in front of the stadium. I was stuck for about 15 mins and it appeared chaos was taking place behind where we were stuck. Eventually another officer (?) came along from the main roundabout to see what was going on. Eventually everyone got moving and was waved out easily at the roundabout.

Yeah, I got caught up on this too.The chap was/is a clueless buffoon. There is a science to these things, can't someone get it right?