FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie Utd V ICT :Matchday Thread

Scotty

What a bag of tripe that was. Absolutely no midfield. Cox has gone backwards after a promising start. Eagle was like a headless chicken, Stratford was, well just rubbish. Hayes was the only one looking likely to trouble the scorers. Sanchez did nothing all game. Foran seems to be getting more knackered every game. It's just as well the back five can be reasonably stable on their day. Rooney did more when he came on than both the starting strikers and Barrowman showed some neat flicks and touches, unfortunately none in front of the goals. Proctor did ok when he was on. I don't recall the Airdrie keeper having to make a serious save. Hayes took his goal well, beating his man inside the box and firing through the keeper from an angle. He almost repeated that five minutes later. Not enough quality on show and Airdrie should have won. They made better use of any width and were prepared to play football. One Airdrie fan I met in the toilets said, ICT are rubbish, absolutely rubbish...........I had no cause to doubt him after witnessing that.

To summarise then.....pass marks for the back five, just, Hayes, Rooney Barrowman and Proctor.

Terry Butcher, this is simply not good enough to win this league. Sorry to spoil everybodies weekend, but that was it, utter rubbish.

It wasnt utter rubbish - we have the best defence in the league (thank feck) - Bulvitis had a mare but he will get over it - as I allude to on another thread we have a very weak midfield - and we need experience, graft and intimidation to get out of the SFL. Butcher is sticking too much to the Coaching Manual and playing the flair boys instead of the journeymen who will get us back up. Cox will improve with the likes of Duncan beside him. Sanchez may just be too much of a luxury fer the SFL.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First half was dire . Thought Esson was sleeping for their goal beaten at his near post, but he did make amends with the penalty save. Johny Hayes took his goal well and had some great runs but was often isolated with no support.

Our away form has been the one positive thing so far but was the worst I've seen this season. :thumb01n:

First half was dire . Thought Esson was sleeping for their goal beaten at his near post, but he did make amends with the penalty save. Johny Hayes took his goal well and had some great runs but was often isolated with no support.

Our away form has been the one positive thing so far but was the worst I've seen this season. :cdn-flag:

I was going to go to this game, but i didnt have enough money...Not often having no money is a good thing!

Our away form has been the one positive thing so far but was the worst I've seen this season. :cdn-flag:

I was going to go to this game, but i didnt have enough money...Not often having no money is a good thing!

so the knives are already poised for Butchers head? Tis said away form isn't great so what do you do rely on a point away and hope the home form stands up.

who would you pundits suggest to manage, if Butcher goes

One Airdrie fan I met in the toilets.....

Never had you down as a dodgy character... :cdn-flag:

I was going to go to this match but now glad I stayed behind judging by these reports. Kind of strange how we can perform one week and not the next with the same side on the park. Life in the 1st, as I said before the start of the season, is not going to be easy. The new boys should be gellin' by now and it doesn't appear to be happening.

Edited by Gringo

so the knives are already poised for Butchers head? Tis said away form isn't great so what do you do rely on a point away and hope the home form stands up.

I don't see DC's comment as anything deregetory towards Butcher's management, I see it as him just meaning that he was glad he didn't go as it seems it was a god awful performance.

Briefs Encounter....

The toilet guy was sort of inviting me to reply, he kept saying, "you'se are rubbish by the way", repeat four or five times. My reply, eventually, was.........what do you want me to do about it.........."naw, but you'se are, pure rubbish an'at, naw" At this point, his skinhead features and broken nose erred me on the side of caution, his knuckled hand with love etched on his bruised fingers still clenching his manhood made me stand to attention. It was all over in a few seconds..............I just agreed and we both went away happy, but disillusioned, for different reasons.

I agree about the defence though. The only part of the team playing as a unit. Couple of errors early on but we held firm as Airdrie launched plenty of balls into the box from wide positions. The goal Airdrie scored was a decent strike, Baird turned sharply on the edge of the box and hit the ball early low beyond Esson who was probably beaten by the turn and left flat footed. Rooney scored a similar effort last weekend in the NoS cup final. He might be worth a start next weekend, despite his apparent immobility, although he got stuck in yesterday when he came on.

Briefs Encounter....

The toilet guy was sort of inviting me to reply, he kept saying, "you'se are rubbish by the way", repeat four or five times. My reply, eventually, was.........what do you want me to do about it.........."naw, but you'se are, pure rubbish an'at, naw" At this point, his skinhead features and broken nose erred me on the side of caution, his knuckled hand with love etched on his bruised fingers still clenching his manhood made me stand to attention. It was all over in a few seconds..............I just agreed and we both went away happy, but disillusioned, for different reasons.

I agree about the defence though. The only part of the team playing as a unit. Couple of errors early on but we held firm as Airdrie launched plenty of balls into the box from wide positions. The goal Airdrie scored was a decent strike, Baird turned sharply on the edge of the box and hit the ball early low beyond Esson who was probably beaten by the turn and left flat footed. Rooney scored a similar effort last weekend in the NoS cup final. He might be worth a start next weekend, despite his apparent immobility, although he got stuck in yesterday when he came on.

:cdn-flag:

Briefs Encounter....

:cdn-flag:

I don't see DC's comment as anything deregetory towards Butcher's management, I see it as him just meaning that he was glad he didn't go as it seems it was a god awful performance.

Ditto. I was going to have a Hibbee coming with and I was damned glad they couldn't come after all if they thought I paid money to watch that crap every second week.

Difficult to blame Butcher anyway when the same team last outing played a billion times better.

Briefs Encounter........fingers still clenching his manhood made me stand to attention. It was all over in a few seconds.............both went away happy, but disillusioned, for different reasons.

This isn't getting any better Manny.....you are getting me worried now... :cdn-flag:

Thats exactly what i ment. I fail to see how that could be seen as me wanting Butchers head.

Dont know what that was all about yesterday, but it wasnt good. Good on Johnny Hayes getting the goal, but big big well dont to Esson, who again go us points from a game. I said to my girlfriend before the penalty kick that Esson would save it, thats how much faith i have in this guy. But the more good things he does, the more it gets me falred up he was dropped the end of last season!!!

Credit to the Airdrie guys, they really did close down everything we did, then kick the long ball, whereas we tried to get the ball down and pass it, resorting to long balls as a last resort!

Ah well, this was a bad week, so the way things go we should have a cracking week next week.....oh wait, i forgot, we are at home next week!!!!!!

Bad game :)

No midfield

The players were no taking goal chances

Giving the ball away

No communication

No risk taking

I dunno what is up with the team but they were shocking

Esson was a life saver without him we could have came away with 0 points

It was Airdrie. We should have hammered them.

It was Dunfermline, we SHOULD have hammered them

It was Ayr United, we SHOULD have hammered them

It was Partick Thistle, we SHOULD have lost

It was Ross County, we SHOULD have hammered them

Should is a strong word... always expect the worst.

Hammered :) Think most people know were not going to hammer teams like Partick, Dunfermline, Dundee etc.. its a really hard league and most teams have alot of good players so no game will be easy

Sorry I don't get your point? They were a 2nd division team so we should have scored more than one against them.

Sorry I don't get your point? They were a 2nd division team so we should have scored more than one against them.

Ehh...is your Signature supposed to say through or though?

:)

but thanks for pointing out my mistake

:sleep01:

but thanks for pointing out my mistake

:D My pleasure. :P

That performance was very frustrating. The majority of the team looked like they had been out on the **** the night before and just couldnt be bothered. There was no urgency, no fight, players hiding rather than looking for the ball.

As has been mentioned, the centre of midfield was were this was most evident. Stratford i believe has played like this most of the season but i actually thought the 2nd half was the most urgent iv seen him. Cox had a shocker yesterday, every time i looked at him he was just jogging about not looking for the ball, not tracking runners, not closing down. What a difference from his first few performances were he was everywhere, really need him to return to that form or else get someone else in.

We were lucky to get a point only pass marks for esson and hayes

' Cox goes limp shocker '

Didnt make the game, however going by posts and hearing from attendees, we were lucky to get a point.

Whats with this Jekyll and Hyde performances we are getting, this make me wonder what we are going to get next saturday.

Anyway, its time to get change things, Stratford/Eagles need dropped, Imrie will come in to the team in 4-5 weeks and Duncan/Mcbain can steady the midships, just hope my brain lasts till then.

A point was a good result yesterday. I think that pretty much sums up how bad we were

Esson did well for saving the pen and Hayes did well cos he scored the goal. Rooney was our best player for the time he was on the park

Bulvitis had a nightmare. He kept lunging into tackles and I dont know what he was thinking for the pen, Tackle from behind no where near the ball it was a stonewaller

Stratford well I have always had doubts about him and today has made me have even more doubts. He was our worst player along with Bulvitis

Everybody else played crap as well so I think a point was a good result based on the performance.

We only turned up for the last 5 mins.