FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Merged: Terry Butcher - TV Caption

Johnboy

Live on STV just now. Introduced by Rob McLean as "Former Assistant Scotland Manager" and former Rangers captain...

With the caption above his name on the screen proudly displaying Rangers 1986-1990 - this is how our manager obviously wants to be portrayed - the man who's appointment was going to raise the profile of ICT.

Pathetic.

Edited by Scotty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just switched this on, gutted as i was wanting to know what they were going to put now for him. I thought the only possible thing to do was be captioned as Inverness manager?

If this is down to him, i am very very dissapointed!

Butcher will have little, if any, say in what caption is used next to his name and the production crew will use whatever they deem to be the most prestigious titles.

You've been on TV representing ICT supporters...

Didn't you have any say regarding the caption that went with your name?

Watching man united champions league game just now on itv. Terry Butcher is doing the studio analysis and I was expecting to see the caption 'Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager' beside his name now following the whole 'Scotland Assistant Manager' caption that used to show. Guess what they've put up this week.......... 'RANGERS 1986 - 1990'!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable! :ohmy:

I certainly don't think its a heinous crime, what I do think is that it perhaps shows how proud he is to be manager of the club, and if what I hear from contacts in the game I trust he is applying for every available job in England are true perhaps also his commitment.

I wonder when people are going to stop believing the Butcher PR bull.

I'd imagine STV would put up the caption most relevant to what he being a pundit on... His link to a Rangers makes him look far more qualified to talk about Champions League than being described as the Manager of a club who will never play in the competition.

Not really a big deal either way I'd say, does it really matter what the caption is? Still good that he is on it (shocking suit tonight though :ohmy: ) and people who don't know where he is working currently would ask or look it up online so still generating awareness of ICT if that is the purpose of the moan?

With the caption above his name on the screen proudly displaying Rangers 1986-1990 - this is how our manager obviously wants to be portrayed - the man who's appointment was going to raise the profile of ICT.

How very pathetic.

No point taking any offence over this what so ever, it doesn't really matter about the minority ICT viewers, when former Rangers captain seems to hold more appeal to the general public,

What if JR was in the seat instead, former ICT manager or Hearts legend?

I'm not trying to defend it, Its just not worth raising the issue.

I think if TB had saved us last season and we were currently mid table in the SPL he would be joining Rangers shortly anyway or be elsewhere by now. Thats just the way it is.

just like our past managers moving on.