Away support

caleytillidie

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being at the game, I had to make a trade off last year and my options were..

Not pay for Servicing to the Cars

How many cars have you got?

3. My car, Her work car and my Project XR2....

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being at the game, I had to make a trade off last year and my options were..

Not buy food

Not pay mortgage

Not pay gas or lecky

Not pay for Servicing to the Cars

Not buy anything for my son

Not decorate my house

Not fix my fence

Or

Give up either the ST or Away games.....

Away games were what i gave up, im really sorry for not being a True Supporter of the club.... DAME you FAMILY!!!!

Oh thats easy... the last 3. :lol:

I think nowadays people are less willing to spend money on the things they realise they can do without. Add to the fact "its this time of year" ticket prices are more expensive than they used to be (in general) food, fuel all more expensive.

I wish I was 14 again. Cheap trains/buses and cheap football. Trust me, your friend has it lucky at 14.

Oh the irony of the OP....

My predictions are that this forum will continue to have ridiculous negative comments whatever happens for the rest of the season!!

The OP has only stated his disapointment in the amount that travelled to see the team in a very important game but as usual his post has been turned into " I'm a better fan than you " type affair , at no point does he stste that he's more of a fan than anyone else yet the misguided fools on here will twist any post to fit there own agenda , one poster even mentions ultras FFS .

The OP has only stated his disapointment in the amount that travelled to see the team in a very important game but as usual his post has been turned into " I'm a better fan than you " type affair , at no point does he stste that he's more of a fan than anyone else yet the misguided fools on here will twist any post to fit there own agenda , one poster even mentions ultras FFS .

Didn't the OP cast the first stone?

No doubt you will all be out for the kilmarnock game though cos its a bigger team.

My predictions are that this forum will continue to have ridiculous negative comments whatever happens for the rest of the season!!

I don't think anyones stated there any less or more of a fan, mostly people are posting the reason why they couldn't make it.

... I think you're misguided... and a fool :lol:

I'll be honest - I find myself caring less and less about going to games. I'd rather save my money for other things in life. Football simply isn't as high a priority to me as it used to be.

Anyway, every game is an Away game for me since we were relegated. If I go to any games, 9 times out of 10 it will be the Home ones.

I don't think anyones stated there any less or more of a fan, mostly people are posting the reason why they couldn't make it.

... I think you're misguided... and a fool :lol:

I dont care what you think as you are a ***** :)

The only "fool" on this thread is the one that made the sweeping statements about the dedication of about 95% of our fanbase just because they weren't at a specific game. Has CaleytillIdie made every game this season? (Rhetorical, as I know he hasn't).

At no point in his original post, or any posts following did he accept that for many...probably most...it's just not possible for them to do so.

For example, every home game I give up a days work to attend (and announce) at the stadium. I lose between ?50 and ?80 in wages as a result (I don't get paid to do the Stadium Announcing...my choice and I'm not complaining, just making the point). When it comes to away games if I was to attend those as well then I'm looking at those lost wages plus another ?50 0r ?60 on ticket, food and travel. I'm not the only one that would fit into that profile and you then have those with kids etc who's costs will be double (or more) what others would be.

Factor in that the mood surrounding the club (and as a result the fans) is EXTREMELY low at the moment and even those who could afford it aren't entirely motivated to be making these long (and often pointless this season) journeys. I know people who I would have considered more "die hard" than me who just can't get excited about ICT right now...and it's not only in regards to the league position or quality of football.

As I said, the OP made no allowance for any of these points...and I'm sure people will come and try and knock me down for making them...but that is the reality of things right now and if those running the club took a moment to get out there and speak to (as opposed to at) the fans, then they might just start to realise why we're coming apart at the seams. Maybevthey would then stop sitting around in their clique criticising us (the fans) and blaming us for things and realise that they are the only ones with the power to sort things out and start putting a smile back on the faces and start getting people back behind the team and the club like they were 5 or 6 years ago.

Some fans also need to make the effort to engage brain before waffling on about things they have clearly given no thought too. If the OP wanted a discussion then why not ask the simple question "How come the attendance at Airdrie was so poor?" He clearly wanted to have a pop instead....and there's little or no value in kicking off a thread in that manner unless you're looking for an argument.

I'll be honest - I find myself caring less and less about going to games. I'd rather save my money for other things in life. Football simply isn't as high a priority to me as it used to be.

Anyway, every game is an Away game for me since we were relegated. If I go to any games, 9 times out of 10 it will be the Home ones.

I can totally empathise with this sentiment. It started for me much earlier. I've always been a bit of an armchair follower anyway. Or part timer. But since we got promoted and games in general started getting more expensive I just stopped really going to games full stop. And away games were much more available to me given my location.

I had Hibs and Hearts in my city and could have attended those games but both those clubs charge a fortune. I used to be able to get through to Glasgow, watch ICT play, back and it was still cheaper than an Edinburgh brief.

I keep telling myself that Im going to improve but have yet to do so. But as RiG says, football isn't the priority in my life to go and see the team play.

As tongue in cheek as your comment might be, Dan, and as much as I might disagree with the point being made and the manner it was made in by the OP.....I do take some heart from the fact that we still have fans who care enough to stick their neck out and have a pop as the alternative is worse.

Not so long ago I went through a life changing experience and during that time, and in the few years that have followed, I've taken to looking back at things I've been told and advice I've been given by people who I now realise had a hand in making the person I am today.

One of those bits of advice I got after a major ass-chewing from an old boss. He took me aside once things had been cleared up and explained to me that so long as I was getting taken to task for things and learning then I had nothing to worry about. I only needed to start worrying when I was messing up and nobody said anything, because at that point they had obviously stopped caring and I was likely to be on my way out the door.

It's a bit like that with ICT just now. There's more wrong with the club than is right with it at the moment, but so long as we have fans standing up and criticising then at least there's hope as they obviously still care. The worrying thing though is that many of these people have started to become silent....that's partly because they've stopped caring and it's partly because there's so many fans who know things are wrong but they don't take the time to discuss things properly, choosing instead to launch into the "easy" targets....those being their fellow fans who use this forum.

As fans we need to unite and work as one unit to bring about changes and improvements....and we need to do that whilst there's still enough of us to make a difference.

As tongue in cheek as your comment might be, Dan, and as much as I might disagree with the point being made and the manner it was made in by the OP.....I do take some heart from the fact that we still have fans who care enough to stick their neck out and have a pop as the alternative is worse.

Not so long ago I went through a life changing experience and during that time, and in the few years that have followed, I've taken to looking back at things I've been told and advice I've been given by people who I now realise had a hand in making the person I am today.

One of those bits of advice I got after a major ass-chewing from an old boss. He took me aside once things had been cleared up and explained to me that so long as I was getting taken to task for things and learning then I had nothing to worry about. I only needed to start worrying when I was messing up and nobody said anything, because at that point they had obviously stopped caring and I was likely to be on my way out the door.

It's a bit like that with ICT just now. There's more wrong with the club than is right with it at the moment, but so long as we have fans standing up and criticising then at least there's hope as they obviously still care. The worrying thing though is that many of these people have started to become silent....that's partly because they've stopped caring and it's partly because there's so many fans who know things are wrong but they don't take the time to discuss things properly, choosing instead to launch into the "easy" targets....those being their fellow fans who use this forum.

As fans we need to unite and work as one unit to bring about changes and improvements....and we need to do that whilst there's still enough of us to make a difference.

What would this forum be without you Don

Harry i think your alright lol

Thanks mate

It's cool though DC is happy to hide behind his faceless internet persona because he knows if he spoke to me like that in the real world he wouldn't have a face left.....

... and that's not a threat it's a prediction of what my reaction would be :lol:

Now now, things are going wrong, I'll send you a photo, the next time you see me I'd like a kiss.... then a face lift..

CaleyD, I agree with your #40. but i was taking the OP as a little small minded post but not wanting to start anything, Just explain myself for not going naughty Georgeios!!!

Edited by Georgeios