FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

QOS- GAME OFF

RiG

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why the pitch wasn't inspected earlier, and if it was, why the decision wasn't made then.

What can't be established from the verifiable information at hand is whether or not ICT requested an earlier inspection and if so why it never happened, whether their was an earlier inspection and no decision was made or if it's all just one big screw up.

Sorry to deprive you of another conspiracy theory opportunity Donald but if what I wrote at around 2:30 on Saturday hadn't already made these questions irrelevant then I can only refer you to Scotty's impeccably accurate account a few posts above this one. The only detail of that which I cannot personally verify is what was said by Chic or by anyone else on Sportsound that afternoon since at the time, having spent much of the morning at the "scene of the crime" (maybe I should withdraw that since it will only encourage Donald :P ) I was shopping and lunching in Morrisons. I have on the other hand heard reliable accounts of what was said and much of it does not appear to correlate with what I saw at the scene. At this point I don't think I want to say too much more about what has become a live and running issue.

Another conspiracy theory?

First off, I wasn't trying to create any conspiracy theory, merely pointing out that we had more questions than answers (at that time). If you had read, and quoted, my post in full instead of picking and piecing like a scummy tabloid journalist then that would be abundantly clear.

You also posted at 2:30 on Saturday that no earlier inspection had been done, yet the Courier reports today say that it was and the decision was made to leave it 2 hours to see if conditions improved, does that not place questions on the credibility of your sources?

At no point have I blamed ICT for the postponement of the game...quite the opposite if you had cared to include my final paragraph in your quote.

I have no idea what your ongoing motivations are for trying to belittle and undermine my thoughts and opinions on just about everything, but it is getting rather tiresome. I sometimes wonder if my belief that you are more of a free thinking and intelligent individual are a bit wide of the mark.

I know it's not the case with the ush for last saturday but maybe clubs that have ush could be subsidised by the league to encourage them to switch it on for sufficient time. Maybe that would stop the clubs without ush complaining ie QOS

Queens can complain all they want but the fact of the matter is that they were presented with options. They were told that there was little to no chacne of the game being played(with or without USH) so why did they book an overnight stay in Inverness on that chance then? I would have had them up on a bus the saturday morning, atleast then they are only losing the cost of a driver and a bus hire rather than an expensive stay at the Travelodge Arms Hotel :P . Queen's can complain as much about Inverness CT & Dunfermline having USH but neither club is obliged to use it under the rules of the Scottish Football League(thats why St Johnstone will get hammered by the SPL for it).

The SFL wont entertain any idea of subsidising any club with USH under their current rules.

inspection 9.30 Sat morning failed.

How simple do I have to make this and apparently several other aspects of this issue for you?

There was NO 9:30 inspection on Saturday!

The 11:00 pitch inspection was originally supposed to be at 09:30 but no-one told the ref.

Then that makes it worse on our part diddy club are we.

Queens can complain all they want but the fact of the matter is that they were presented with options. They were told that there was little to no chacne of the game being played(with or without USH)

so why the phuck did we not call the game off when the pitch was suposidly inspected at 12.30 on the Friday if there was little chance of the game going ahead?

IF there was little chance of the game going ahead with or without ush why did we go to the expence

of switching it on on the Friday morning?

we are run like a diddy club at times but keep burying your head in the sand it's nobodys fault bar our own. :P :P

See if you recognise anyone here, and less than a dozen posts in.

"we are run like a diddy club at times but keep burying your head in the sand it's nobodys fault bar our own."

"Then that makes it worse on our part diddy club are we."

"Maybe our joke of a club could have decided either we put the ush on or not"

"Inverness Thistle failed"

"So knowing the forecast was well below freezing why waste money on switching it on in the 1st place."

" someone putting 2+2 the gether and getting 5 and trying to deflect any blame"

" although our club has to shoulder some of the blame hopefully lessons will have been learnt"

"sometimes we run like a diddy club"

"stop trying to deflect criticism of our club silly gamble switching ush on Friday "

"money we can ill afford was now wasted"

"the loss of income from hospitality etc and gate money will hopefully teach us a lesson"

You are some angry hound, did you lie when you were seventeen?

See if you recognise anyone here, and less than a dozen posts in.

"we are run like a diddy club at times but keep burying your head in the sand it's nobodys fault bar our own."

"Then that makes it worse on our part diddy club are we."

"Maybe our joke of a club could have decided either we put the ush on or not"

"Inverness Thistle failed"

"So knowing the forecast was well below freezing why waste money on switching it on in the 1st place."

" someone putting 2+2 the gether and getting 5 and trying to deflect any blame"

" although our club has to shoulder some of the blame hopefully lessons will have been learnt"

"sometimes we run like a diddy club"

"stop trying to deflect criticism of our club silly gamble switching ush on Friday "

"money we can ill afford was now wasted"

"the loss of income from hospitality etc and gate money will hopefully teach us a lesson"

You are some angry hound, did you lie when you were seventeen?

Top post! Perhaps in canine terms, he was pishhed on from a great height? :P

Nah, it's cause it's always raining on him.

Worked that bit out davie but thought I'd try to be a wee bit clever linking the rain (pishhing down) and in recognition of his/her user name, throw in the a wee bit of canine like behaviour. That'll teach me :P !

You ain't nothin' but a hound dog

Cryin' all the time

You ain't nothin' but a hound dog

Cryin' all the time

Well, you ain't never caught a rabbit

And you ain't no friend of mine

Hounddog, the pitch may have been frozen on Friday morning but that's not when the game was to be played. The club took a view as to what would happen in the following 24 hours with USH, but the overnight temperatures were colder than forecast. Nevertheless, the pitch was perfectly playable by the time players would have been running out for their warm up.

If clubs simply called off matches because they were in doubt on Friday, there would be a backlog of dozens of games.

You also posted at 2:30 on Saturday that no earlier inspection had been done, yet the Courier reports today say that it was and the decision was made to leave it 2 hours to see if conditions improved, does that not place questions on the credibility of your sources?

No it doesn't. I was at the Caledonian Stadium for much of Saturday morning, directly observing events and speaking directly to the people involved which I continued to do over the weekend. Unfortunately the Courier would, unusually, appear to be in error on this occasion.

Please, Don, do not be tempted to descend to the levels of Houndog and his apparent need to distort the facts in order to support his conspiracy theory and desire to find fault with the club.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Charles, I'm still at a loss as to what conspiracy theory you think I was/am trying to pedal in respect to events on Saturday.

I also find it rather ironic that you warn me about distorting the facts when that is exactly what you did/are doing by partially/selectively quoting me to try and support your claims that I am pedalling a conspiracy.

You seem to have fallen into line with the thoughts of certain people at the club that I go out of my way to find fault with them. Apart from the fact that there's no need to go looking for fault as they have a habit of landing at your feet on a disturbingly regular basis, I do give credit where I think it is due and have gone to bat for the club on many things....even to the extent of having them change stance mid way through an issue and leaving me looking like a tw@t because I have supported them.

If you wish to disagree with me, Charles, then that's fine, but give it up with the goading and weak attempts at character assassination....aside from anything else, your crap at it.

Ok then lets try and answer some;

"we are run like a diddy club at times but keep burying your head in the sand it's nobodys fault bar our own." - True but thats more to do with the board than anything else

"Then that makes it worse on our part diddy club are we." - in connection to the USH, again we are not obligied to switch it on so Q.O.T.S have no basis to make any complaint against the club for it

"Maybe our joke of a club could have decided either we put the ush on or not" - See response above

"Inverness Thistle failed" - Thats why the club merged with Caley and now its Inverness caledonian Thistle!

"So knowing the forecast was well below freezing why waste money on switching it on in the 1st place." - no, the forecast was taht it would be about -3 and it was double that. weather predictions are not 100% right all the time.

" someone putting 2+2 the gether and getting 5 and trying to deflect any blame" - cant remember what this was in reference to?

" although our club has to shoulder some of the blame hopefully lessons will have been learnt" - Yep we do, we should learn that we should not switch the USH on AT ALL in this division.

"sometimes we run like a diddy club" - Havent we crossed this ground already

"stop trying to deflect criticism of our club silly gamble switching ush on Friday" - again not ICT's problem. we are not obligated to have it on at all.

"money we can ill afford was now wasted" - Yes we have wasted a few grand tryingf to oplease that circus from Dumfries

"the loss of income from hospitality etc and gate money will hopefully teach us a lesson" - i doubt we would have made much out of it. Most of our home support is mainly season ticket holders so the club has the money from that. Some hospitality will be lost but not a great deal. And considering that queens wont bring up much support on the saturday anyway, there aint much of a loss there!

Ok then lets try and answer some;

"we are run like a diddy club at times but keep burying your head in the sand it's nobodys fault bar our own." - True but thats more to do with the board than anything else

"Then that makes it worse on our part diddy club are we." - in connection to the USH, again we are not obligied to switch it on so Q.O.T.S have no basis to make any complaint against the club for it

"Maybe our joke of a club could have decided either we put the ush on or not" - See response above

"Inverness Thistle failed" - Thats why the club merged with Caley and now its Inverness caledonian Thistle!

"So knowing the forecast was well below freezing why waste money on switching it on in the 1st place." - no, the forecast was taht it would be about -3 and it was double that. weather predictions are not 100% right all the time.

" someone putting 2+2 the gether and getting 5 and trying to deflect any blame" - cant remember what this was in reference to?

" although our club has to shoulder some of the blame hopefully lessons will have been learnt" - Yep we do, we should learn that we should not switch the USH on AT ALL in this division.

"sometimes we run like a diddy club" - Havent we crossed this ground already

"stop trying to deflect criticism of our club silly gamble switching ush on Friday" - again not ICT's problem. we are not obligated to have it on at all.

"money we can ill afford was now wasted" - Yes we have wasted a few grand tryingf to oplease that circus from Dumfries

"the loss of income from hospitality etc and gate money will hopefully teach us a lesson" - i doubt we would have made much out of it. Most of our home support is mainly season ticket holders so the club has the money from that. Some hospitality will be lost but not a great deal. And considering that queens wont bring up much support on the saturday anyway, there aint much of a loss there!

I am only 14 was frustrated the game was off no need to take the ****.

no-one is taking the **** !!! You are making ludicrous statements and calling the club "diddies" at every opportunity (12 times in your first 12 posts on this site) without the facts or reasoning to back it up.

Yes the club can be run in a 'diddy' fashion in some ways at times but you are fighting a losing battle on this particular episode as they are not at fault on this one. Not sure whether you have an axe to grind with the club over something or what it is if you have one, or even if you are just a County fan on a wind up but it certainly comes across as one of those.

Bottom line, the USH is immaterial as it is not a requirement, whether the club switched it on on Thursday, Friday, or 10 minutes before the ref arrived matters not a jot (although late morning Friday was the actual timing). The call-off is also not their fault, the referee makes that decision and as has been stated time and time again on this thread, ONE of the clubs was desperate to get the game played and it was not the away side !!! If there was a mixup between inspections on Friday, Saturday AM and the only one we know that actually took place on Saturday at 11AM that too is not the fault of the club it is a communication issue between SFL/SFA/Referees Association

I take enough pot shots at the club myself and we all know Don's recent history of speaking his mind and asking questions, but really I do feel obliged to go to bat for the club on this one as they are being slated for events that were largely out of their control.

no-one is taking the **** !!! You are making ludicrous statements and calling the club "diddies" at every opportunity (12 times in your first 12 posts on this site) without the facts or reasoning to back it up.

Yes the club can be run in a 'diddy' fashion in some ways at times but you are fighting a losing battle on this particular episode as they are not at fault on this one. Not sure whether you have an axe to grind with the club over something or what it is if you have one, or even if you are just a County fan on a wind up but it certainly comes across as one of those.

Bottom line, the USH is immaterial as it is not a requirement, whether the club switched it on on Thursday, Friday, or 10 minutes before the ref arrived matters not a jot (although late morning Friday was the actual timing). The call-off is also not their fault, the referee makes that decision and as has been stated time and time again on this thread, ONE of the clubs was desperate to get the game played and it was not the away side !!! If there was a mixup between inspections on Friday, Saturday AM and the only one we know that actually took place on Saturday at 11AM that too is not the fault of the club it is a communication issue between SFL/SFA/Referees Association

I take enough pot shots at the club myself and we all know Don's recent history of speaking his mind and asking questions, but really I do feel obliged to go to bat for the club on this one as they are being slated for events that were largely out of their control.

Fair enough Scotty, It will be murder if there is no footy this weekend and the way things are going it is going to be a financial nightmare for our club.

Fair enough Scotty, It will be murder if there is no footy this weekend and the way things are going it is going to be a financial nightmare for our club.

Which newspaper do you work for?

Which newspaper do you work for?

The Barking Post?