FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee United chairman slagging us off

caleyrule

Dundee United has an article in the Daily Mail on Sunday today saying if we do poor we bring 17-20 away fans to game and he doesn't enjoy coming up to inverness and a few other comments, I can't link the thing from the webpage but if anyone can it would be a great help but he has done himself no favours with ICT fans

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he has got it pretty well spot on. I certainly don't think there is much to take offence at in that article. Its up to ICT now to do the business next season and produce the crowds, not only at away matches right throuout the season, but more importantly, at home. Our home crowds, especially if we are not doing too well, are poor for our catchment area.

I understand the thrust of the article. I still object to the 17-20 comment though. Maybe Hamilton brought 29 but that's their problem not ours. Even midweek at Morton in div 1 we could raise about 70! We'll always have more than that at an SPL game.

So maybe its league reconstruction he needs so the poor old Dees can buy their way into second place and go up :011: :ohmy:

To be fair, I can see his point. ICT being promoted instead of his city neighbours is likely to cost his club ?60,000 next season.

That's not our problem though

He doesn't like the journey up here? Awww diddums we have to travel south every 2nd week so I am sure he can do the journey 2 times max a season in the league

To be fair, I can see his point. ICT being promoted instead of his city neighbours is likely to cost his club ?60,000 next season.

He doesn't like the journey up here? Awww diddums we have to travel south every 2nd week so I am sure he can do the journey 2 times max a season in the league

Try reading the article ! At know point does he say he doesn't like the journey up here :rolleyes:

It is a fair enough article. He is just saying it as it is for his club. Hopefully he will be proved wrong as regards our away support. And he does have some praise for ICT. Wonder how the ICT fans who went down and supported Dundee United in cup final feel about it?

Try reading the article ! At know point does he say he doesn't like the journey up here :rolleyes:

The article in the Daily Mail on Sunday clearly states he doesn't like the journey coming up here although it is not mentioned in the Daily record link above :rolleyes:

Correct DC........knowhere does he mention the journey to Sneck. What he says is exactly right. He owns a club. He wants bums on seats. We'll maybe take a couple of hundred to Tannadice. They'll take a couple of thousand to Sneck.

Correct DC........knowhere does he mention the journey to Sneck. What he says is exactly right. He owns a club. He wants bums on seats. We'll maybe take a couple of hundred to Tannadice. They'll take a couple of thousand to Sneck.

Dundee United haven't taken a couple of thousand fans to Inverness since the end of the 2005 / 2006 season (or was that the season before?). And knowhere? :rolleyes:

Edited by RiG

As I said read the article in the Daily Mail on Sunday where he mentions journeys to inverness which is not mentioned in the Daily Record article link

:rolleyes:

He's pretty much stating the obvious. It's so blatant it hurts as bad as my hangover.

Clearly a team on the same street who are your big rivals and your local derby are going to bring much more of a support than a team a 100 miles up the road and from a smaller city.

Im actually hoping that Ross County get promoted if we stay up instead of Dundee because it will be better for us. Local rivals and will bring out more home and away fans. It would be bad for everyone else but I don't care because it would be good for us financially and football wise.

They might get a few more visiting if their stewards weren't total morons.

:rolleyes: Spot on.

There may also be many more fans through the turnstiles if the SPL wasn't so expensive. The is pish and doesn't exactly get the pulse racing enough to get anyone off their backsides and go.

In fairness, I think the article is ok as it goes and can see where he's coming from....but is that our fault?