FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gil's out for a month.

AJS

As it says on the tin. Gil tore his calf muscle on Saturday and is out for 4 to 5 weeks.

Think we defnitely need to get someone in before the window shuts wit Foran out as well.

This might actually work out quite well for Gil. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt so far and think he's been a victim of trying too hard to impress in a team that's still finding it's feet while he is still very new to this level himself. A few enforced weeks out of contention then coming back into a more settled squad with defined roles and purpose may be exactly what he needs.

Having said that, I'd love to see Roy getting a run in the side. He's still capable of playing that left midfield role, even if he doesn't offer as much going forward as Foran does.

• Agree 2

I'm inclined to agree with what Bridge-Ender says. From a TV view I thought Gill was going to change the game but he was hardly on the park when he got injured. For that I would question some of the training / fitness / warm-up aspects. I dont think he was warmed up proparly before coming on. Like many players past and present Gill needs a few games before I will decide how good or bad he is. Like many before him he's coming into a new team, a new way of training and, most of all, a new style of football. How many of you watched Rooney or Cox or Hayes, and a few others, and made comment to the effect that they were cr@p. I dont see Gill as being any different. He'll learn.

As for cover, I think we have cover and I think we may see something this season we haven't see before. Terry Butcher has a big belief in blooding youth and I think, rightly, we will see more young, enthusiastic players this season than ever before.