FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New January Signing

Ally in the I

I think its funny. Here's someone coming on with a bit of banter and some see it as offensive. Scotty can we shut down this site and bring back the 03-06 one. At least those who partook then had a sense of humour.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
spell
  • Agree 1

got to admit, i found it worthy of a chuckle too ... you can say its offensive to the Highland stereotype if you want ... but virtually every joke is offensive to some group, ethnicity, nationality or stereotype !!!!

I find that typical central belt humour a bit tiring. How many teams have an unbeaten run away from home to match ICT's?

It's a bit of publicity, and in a place that you wouldn't expect our name to appear. Most humour is stereotypically anyway, particularly in a comic-strip. It's not like it is really offensive.

sorry but i find that very funny

besides if it had been aberdeen would more people have been laughing??? more than likely....anyway its a joke how about people get a grip and a sense of reality and realise there are more serious things in the world to be offended by

• Agree 1

I don't think this is offensive. In any case is it not the case that one of the writers of Beau Peep is none other than Roger Kettle a former pupil of Inverness Royal Academy circa mid 1960s?

Charles can you confirm this?

Seeing as it says to the left by Kettle you may well be right.

It is funny, Rhod Gilbert was taking the P1ss out of the locals last night too. I dont think he could believe that so halfwits were at eden ct last night, myself included, I would throughly recommend going to see him.

It's funny because we are a small team playing a quality of football well above what might be expected for a club of our size. The stereotype just helps to emphasise our small club status. It is a compliment to the team. Not only should we laugh at this, we should laugh louder than anyone else.

I find that typical central belt humour a bit tiring. How many teams have an unbeaten run away from home to match ICT's?

It's a bit of publicity, and in a place that you wouldn't expect our name to appear. Most humour is stereotypically anyway, particularly in a comic-strip. It's not like it is really offensive.

I didn't say I found it offensive, I got a good laugh that I picked up so many red dots for my post though. :nanananana:

• Disagree 1

I don't think this is offensive. In any case is it not the case that one of the writers of Beau Peep is none other than Roger Kettle a former pupil of Inverness Royal Academy circa mid 1960s?

Charles can you confirm this?

Ewe are spot on. This is Roger reminding us of his roots! Wasn't a bad player in his day was old Kettle.

Ross County offered a free tractor for a year. Peterhead offered a go on a tractor a couple of times a month. Elgin City said he could watch someone having a go on a tractor. Strathspey Thistle asked if he had his own tractor - the SFA have ordered them to improve their pitch. They're going to do that by growing potatoes - they reckon it'll bring in more money than what they currently use it for.

Edited by starchief

Ross County offered a free tractor for a year. Peterhead offered a go on a tractor a couple of times a month. Elgin City said he could watch someone having a go on a tractor. Strathspey Thistle asked if he had his own tractor - the SFA have ordered them to improve their pitch. They're going to do that by growing potatoes - they reckon it'll bring in more money than what they currently use it for.

And of course, they'll have something to lift at the end of the season.....

• Agree 1

And of course, they'll have something to lift at the end of the season.....

:laugh: :laugh:

But Yngwie, when do you plant your tatties if you are lifting them in May? :ponder: