FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Johnstone : Matchday Thread

Scotty

The league table always looks so much better after a win, and others games going our way. If only Hamilton could have took something from Motherwell, but i wasnt banking on that.

Well done Caley! With all our injury worries and still grind out a win!! :ictscarf:

Dreadful first half with little or no football played and obviously Rossco's bullet header being the only highlight.

After the break we bossed the game but St Johnstone were truly hopeless only matched in their ineptitude by the clown refeering the game.

Doubt we will get an easier 3 points this season

Marvellous win today and a priceless 3 points given our severely depleted squad. Great team effort, the commitment and never say die attitude from all the players was spot on.

Two suspensions have now been served and with players like Hayes, Shinnie and Ross close to returning from injury, a first ever SPL Top 6 finish is still a very realistic target for ICT.

Chris Hogg shone out for me, especially in the first half. Great, great effort in an encounter of utter scrappiness. Roscoe was immense and the attacking options that we hint at should be awesome when we get a whole side fit. Saints were abysmal, cloggers of the highest order beaten only by Mr. Gollum, who was truly dire. I did think tht Butcher was in danger of spontaneously combusting over some of his "decisions" in the 2nd half. Great win, great three points. Ta lads.

• Agree 1

Great result, hardly a bad performance in the team, out makeshift defense played well and duff continued his jack of all trades play with few mistakes.

glad to see duncan put a good shift in, he under rated and often bumped for "on form" players

hayes should be back soon, if he can make it down to the half time catering quicker than most of the main stand he's obviously near 100%!!!!

Can only echo what others have said really. Glad of a win, but that Collum is rubbish. Where do they find these people? Must say, I do like the look of Hogg. He looks like the kind of big, hard working centre half ICT have missed since the departure of Dods. Give that man the captaincy! What I must say though, which others haven't are the antics of Dubarry today. If grabbing Lee Cox by the throut isn't a sending off I don't know what is! Dreadful behaviour. Did Collum even notice, or let alone do anything? What do you think!?

Edited by Renegade

Summary of the first half: the game kicked off...nothing happened for ages...Rossco scores!...nothing happened for ages...half-time.

Lovely move for the second goal, what was Duncan doing in the 6 yard box?!

A hard-fought three points. As said previously the defence did a great job. Hogg is a real find, Tokely had as good a game as he has had this season and I thought Duff did brilliantly at left back.

As for the ref...it was like watching Alan Freeland ref - he seems to be operating in a completely different universe and you just have to hope we get the run of the bizarre decisions.

Good performance in a fixture which we have been beaten in both times already this season.. Glad that Samuel f*cker wasn't in their squad today. Hogg looked immense for us, never shirks a tackle and was looking for a pass out of defence rather than playing hoofball, could be some addition to the team for us.

Wouldn't say there was any bad performances in our side. Coxxy looked like he was lacking sharpness early on but played a superb second half. Solid performance from the back 4 and even had Rossco chipping in with a goal from a textbook bullet header. Esson was reliable as ever when called upon. Rooney, Foran and Sutherland did a lot of running for us up top and kept their defence sweating, while Doran had another impressive display too. Duncan chipped in with the goal which probably earned him MOTM after a polished display, but for me there were no standouts.. Just 11 solid performances.

Agree with Renegade about the Duberry shout, was fuming with the ref at the time. Surely if you have you're hands raised towards another players face then it's violent conduct? Couldn't believe Pen1s Collum only had a word with him for it.

Good performance and brilliant result given the depleted squad we're faced with just now. Next stop, Easter Road.

Good performance in a fixture which we have been beaten in both times already this season.. Glad that Samuel f*cker wasn't in their squad today. Hogg looked immense for us, never shirks a tackle and was looking for a pass out of defence rather than playing hoofball, could be some addition to the team for us.

Wouldn't say there was any bad performances in our side. Coxxy looked like he was lacking sharpness early on but played a superb second half. Solid performance from the back 4 and even had Rossco chipping in with a goal from a textbook bullet header. Esson was reliable as ever when called upon. Rooney, Foran and Sutherland did a lot of running for us up top and kept their defence sweating, while Doran had another impressive display too. Duncan chipped in with the goal which probably earned him MOTM after a polished display, but for me there were no standouts.. Just 11 solid performances.

Agree with Renegade about the Duberry shout, was fuming with the ref at the time. Surely if you have you're hands raised towards another players face then it's violent conduct? Couldn't believe Pen1s Collum only had a word with him for it.

Good performance and brilliant result given the depleted squad we're faced with just now. Next stop, Easter Road.

No! First one was 1-1

Hard work won us this match. Rossco had a great game and scored with a bullet header from a superb corner by Doran. That loon takes a mean dead ball, best crosser we have had since Hart and Robson. Great second goal as well, Rooney setting Duncan up and he finished with applomb.

Saints had two late chances but missed both and that was the difference between the sides, we took our chances.

Great to get the three points and that with an understrength side, so things looking up slightly.

Celtic just gone 3-0 up on Gers as I type.........ouch.