FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Celtic vs Rangers

SanMiguel

Jeezus, Calum Murray is going bonkers, yellows, red its like a fecking rainbow out there, Whittaker off, tims score looks like ned lennon will be bringing the Ceptic hordes north.

From what ive seen of celtic this season they always dominate possession but do very little with it in the final third, think we could do them in the next round for sure!

I would have loved it if mccoist nutted that little ***** lennon!!

Lennon is a horrible, horrible little man. When he is banned to the stand at TCS can one of you mainstanders do us a favour and throw him off the back of it? Ta. I was soooooooo looking forward to welcoming El Haj as well.:tongueincheek:

Edited by davie

I wonder what Coisty whispered in Ned Lennon's ear? what ever it was, ned went ballistic :lol:

' you might have won, but by feck i'll never be as ugly as you, minger '

• Agree 1

As a showcase for Scottish football, this was a disgrace. Strangely enough I didn't think the ref had a bad game. Whittaker's first yellow a bit harsh, but no complaint with any of the rest. Lennon and McCoist should have had cards too. Djouf is clearly unstable and the sooner he fecks off out of Scottish football the better.

Glad to see two of Celtic's team will miss the QF against us.

• Agree 2

Utter disgrace! The Old Firm are out of control as they feel they own and run the game in Scotland. They need seriously brought down a peg.

It was great to hear us mentioned so much at least. In the words of Keegan " I really hope we beat them!"

• Agree 1

Utter disgrace! The Old Firm are out of control as they feel they own and run the game in Scotland. They need seriously brought down a peg.

Exactly behaviour like that wouldnt be tollerated by the SFA if it was any other clubs, if this happened in an Edinburger derby both managers would get bans and the clubs big fines, but I expect nothing will happen to either half of the OF over this. Ban the managers & assistants (as both McCoist & Thompson were involved) for the rest of the season to the stand. if the managers cant keep conrtol of themselves then how can we expect the players to, essentially many have the mentatlity of children so feel its appropriate to copy the actions of the 'adults'.

McCoist and Lennon hardly made it into the "handbags" category with their outburst of petulance.

I can't believe the over-reaction by the Scottish Media to what was a pretty typical, and fairly boring OF encounter. They're all whinging on about Scotland's shame, Glasgow's horror, etc, etc... There was even a debate in the Scottish Parliament this morning with one MSP claiming that domestic violence rises by about 50% throughout Scotland after an event like this. Calls for all future OF encounters to be played behind closed doors.

What a load of crap! It's only a couple of weeks since the AC Milan - Spurs game, with the Gattuso/Jordan spat which was 100 times worse than anything that happened last night. Was anyone calling for all their games to be played behind closed doors?

The only thing I would have taken exception to was the Rangers's players reaction to the ref over the red cards - he would have been well within his rights to issue more red cards for some of that stuff.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

Having just watched the highlights i felt i needed to say something about it. The old firm derby is supposed to be the highlight of scottish football when the best two teams come head to head and fight it out for the bragging rights of the best old firm teams (as well as 3 points or progress in the cup of course.) That game was nothing short of a disgrace. Although some of the football was good (mainly by celtic)the off the ball antics by some of the players was just pathetic. The 1st sending off was harsh as the 1st booking should not have been one, however, you dont go flying into a tackle like he did on a booking and not expect a 2nd. Why rangers got diouf in january i will never know. He's not very good IMO and has a fuse shorter than a dodgy firework. Niel Lennon is appealling a 6 game touch line ban i understand, well i cant see that being revoked, if anything it will get extended, the mans a joke and an embarrassement for scottish football.

• Agree 1

No surprise to me that the ugly sisters seem to be turning the clock back to the bad old days - was inevitable soon as that brainless thug Lennon got the job. Lennon as manager and Brown as skipper, what a great pair of role models for the green faithful!

As for the other lot, which idiot thought it was a good idea to take on a headcase like Diouf?

Delighted that Celtic won though. Will give me far more pleasure to see that smug grin wiped off Lennon's face.

Johnboy, you make comment re the "claim" about domestic abuse rising considerably following an old filth game. What reasons do you have to doubt such a claim. It has long been accepted that this is indeed the case in and around Glasgow. I also ask you to spare a thought for all the police and ambulance staff who have to deal with fall out and to all those families who have to deal with the aftermath of the violence this game brings. Do you also dispute the "claim" of a senior strathclyde police officer who stated that there was not an empty cell in or around Glasgow following the last old filth game.

• Agree 1

Johnboy, you make comment re the "claim" about domestic abuse rising considerably following an old filth game. What reasons do you have to doubt such a claim. It has long been accepted that this is indeed the case in and around Glasgow. I also ask you to spare a thought for all the police and ambulance staff who have to deal with fall out and to all those families who have to deal with the aftermath of the violence this game brings. Do you also dispute the "claim" of a senior strathclyde police officer who stated that there was not an empty cell in or around Glasgow following the last old filth game.

I wouldn't accept that at all.

I am prepared to accept there could very well be a link between drinking to excess and domestic violence, but I certainly wouldn't accept that Glaswegians are any more inclined to beat up their wives or partners than football fans from any other part of the country, or even the world

You're surely not seriously suggesting that this is a problem peculiar to Glasgow?

• Disagree 1

You're surely not seriously suggesting that this is a problem peculiar to Glasgow?

It is not peculiar to Glasgow, but uniquely, it is a serious problem in Glasgow.

Celtic and Rangers are about a lot more than just football and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise.

Those of us who have lived in Glasgow for any extended period of time will be aware of the link between Ranger/Celtic matches and violence throught the city and the mentality of people who get involved. Statistically I have no reasons to doubt there is a possible increased occurance of domestic violence in the aftermath of OF games, afterall people have been known to get physically attacked or even cars etc damaged for being or wearing the worng colour in the aftermath of a game. The reason decent ordinary people spend OF match days out of the pubs/clubs/returaunts and stay at home - sad times, but its the way that its become.