FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

worst league in the world

WeAreSPL

Cilin Calderwood is really struggling

Is Calderwood even bothered?! Don't think so... I was speaking to a hibee today who in the first time in 16 years hasn't renewed his season ticket because of Calderwood. I'm going to stop posting in response to Laurence.

At least big Tel is passionate about football and our club.

• Agree 1

You are aware that you can block users, so all you see is

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Laurence . View it anyway?

The guy turned his back on ICT coz they weren't good enough for him, stating he would stop posting here. Personally, I'd like him to keep to his promises.

Hi

Sometimes I think they must hand out rose coloured goggles at matches

Get behind the manager - Get behind The Team = Get into Division 1 and an even worse league

Time the club face the truth and get their heads out of the sand

And before you all start getting personnal ( something I have never done) Never - and cracks like the "worst Poster", are rude and personnal

I am entitled to my opinion ( just like any one else ) - Personnal attacks like "worst poster", are totally unproductive and pointless.

My opinion is - The slide can only be stopped by a new face at the helm - And I dont mean some old Scotts manager who has long passed his sell by date.

I mean somebody Like Aidy boothroyd

Everyone is entittled to their opinion, that is why we have forums. If you want to stifle opinions you dont like , then democracy goes out of the window

I have been around a long time and my experience tell me blind loyalty gets you relegated, hang on too long and pay the price.

• Disagree 5

Aye right, now feck off.

Time you found out some more about one of your alleged adopted clubs.

Success can be gauged in many ways, not just by winning titles and cups. Why do you think we need a new face all of a sudden. The old one aint exactly broke completely. We have issues with injuries as has been well documented, and some self inflicted alterations. I do believe we will avoid relegation, maybe just, and that is success for us.

Scotts make porridge oats man for fecks sake. You really know how to annoy people you condescending arrogant and ignorant pratt, now that's personal.

Worst poster is probably the most apt title for you, and thoroughly deserved if you ask me.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Somebody asked me for bullet points

1) Great result at Dundee United - Manager bragged to Media - Result loss at home to be relegated Hamilton- moral, hyping up players leads to complacency. Butcher is a very nice guy. Nice guys struggle to motive - hair drying is not a way to sucess - You never get David Moyes bragging about his wins. He struggles with finances too.

This scenario was repeated several times last season - Example New England coach blasted team after win , result players hated manager and strived to prove him wrong.

Alex Ferguson did it in Scotland after winning Scottish cup against Rangers, blasted team for poor performance.

2) Inabilility to take set pieces - Throw ins in particular. this has nothing to do with money, just poor training

3) The team shows lack of fitness. Matches I went to some players wilted before the hour was up.

4) The team could raise their game last season for big games, but this season they can't do that - heard of 2nd season ssyndrome?

5) The team needs a new face, new training ideas - Somebody who can use the potential with the youngsters at the club,

Bringing youngsters through is the only way. They are a great source of revenue. .

I don't have all the answers, but I do know a problem when I see it. Aberdeen kept going with their guy too long and I do like loyalty , but relegation is serious and it is obvious it will happen without a change, regrettable but true.

Inverness are likely to do the same.

I am not a manager basher at all - I think what I am saying is a last resort - When I get over my illness I will want to watch SPL, so I am forever hopeful and I will be chuffed if I am wrong.

• Disagree 2

Aye right, now feck off.

Time you found out some more about one of your alleged adopted clubs.

Success can be gauged in many ways, not just by winning titles and cups. Why do you think we need a new face all of a sudden. The old one aint exactly broke completely. We have issues with injuries as has been well documented, and some self inflicted alterations. I do believe we will avoid relegation, maybe just, and that is success for us.

Scotts make porridge oats man for fecks sake. You really know how to annoy people you condescending arrogant and ignorant pratt, now that's personal.

Worst poster is probably the most apt title for you, and thoroughly deserved if you ask me.

You have no need to swear - Pub talk to someone who is probably old enough to ne your great grandad ,, I think the moderator should withdraw this type of posting. It does no credit to the forum. I understand your loyalty and bad temper, but you make no points that are of ant use to man nor beast. Just pointless trying t to appear forceful. very pathetic. I don't know what your teachers would think if they could see your behaviour.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

In what way do I type what I don't know?

I was asked by a poster to state my views.

I don't read posters names, as I find it leads to persnnalities getting in the way.

I started off with a simple statement. I have been pressed to add to it. I did.

Now I have got into a major debate. I don't worry about being called names like fool. like I said, I will be chuffed if I am wrong. But I wouldn't put money on it. look at the betfair price on who will be relegated. Are the bookies fools.?

Edited by Laurence
  • Disagree 2

I am entitled to my opinion ( just like any one else ) - Personnal attacks like "worst poster", are totally unproductive and pointless.

Really...

Worst League - and worst manager

...will be interesting to hear how slating ICTs manager was being the worst in the league isn't "unproductive and pointless".

My opinion is - The slide can only be stopped by a new face at the helm - And I dont mean some old Scotts manager who has long passed his sell by date.

I mean somebody Like Aidy boothroyd

Unbelievable. I think through all of your club hopping you have lost your sense of reality.

look at the betfair price on who will be relegated. Are the bookies fools.?

And of course the bookies are the yardstick by how we judge which team will be relegated.

Edited by RiG

Hi Laurence,

Just a couple of points that I think are worth discussing:

New England coach blasted team after win , result players hated manager and strived to prove him wrong.

Alex Ferguson did it in Scotland after winning Scottish cup against Rangers, blasted team for poor performance.

This point is counter-productive to any argument you are trying to make. Firstly, Alex Ferguson has admitted he was entirely wrong to attack his players after that game, that he apologised to them the following day, and that it caused lasting damage to his relationships with some (including Gordon Strachan, who spent much of the following season trying to engineer a move). Secondly, this was in 1983, when clubs had far more power over player contracts and movement than they do today. Ferguson has also suggested that even if he was still so inclined, to be as harsh in his criticisms of his players as he once was would probably alienate more than it would motivate. As for the 'New England' manager, if you mean the coach of the English national team, Fabio Capello, then the jury is still firmly out on whether he is capable of picking or motivating a team capable of justifying England's FIFA ranking: the 2010 World Cup would suggest not. If you are actually referring to the manager of a US team based in New England, then apologies; but that still wouldn't be a very convincing argument.

And before you all start getting personnal ( something I have never done) Never - and cracks like the "worst Poster", are rude and personnal

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but aren't you aware that the tone you often adopt towards your fellow posters and the generalisations you make about ICT supporters actually amount to personal attacks? In the thread 'ICT's performance this season' that you began in February of this year and dredged up again with this season barely a week old, you referred to our supporters as 'the worst you'd ever seen' and 'incapable of understanding what is going on'. What are these if not personal attacks, as they implicitly include the season-ticket holding posters on here, some of whom come on week after week and write about the team's performance and the support with great knowledge, perception and, if necessary, measured criticism? If you have 'been around' as long as you say you have, then surely your life experience has taught you something about tact, respect for others, and avoiding crass generalisations?

Edited by alternative maryhill
  • Agree 7

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but aren't you aware that the tone you often adopt towards your fellow posters and the generalisations you make about ICT supporters actually amount to personal attacks? In the thread 'ICT's performance this season' that you began in February of this year and dredged up again with this season barely a week old, you referred to our supporters as 'the worst you'd ever seen' and 'incapable of understanding what is going on'. What are these if not personal attacks, as they implicitly include the season-ticket holding posters on here, some of whom come on week after week and write about the team's performance and the support with great knowledge, perception and, if necessary, measured criticism? If you have 'been around' as long as you say you have, then surely your life experience has taught you something about tact, respect for others, and avoiding crass generalisations?

Spot on post AM.

Laurence being one of those 'supporters' who jump from club to club doesn't know everything. Indeed I wonder if he knows anything. He certainly knows nothing of highland loyalty and passion. Nothing of the highlanders attitude to never being defeatest nor the highlanders biological make up where heart controls brain.

Next he castigates us for, supposedly, not giving youngsters a chance. Sorry mate but maybe we've given too many a chance. Yes some have come from elsewhere but they are still youngsters getting a chance. Polworth 16, Ross 19, Sutherland 20 and Shinnie G. 20 have come through our system. Golobart 19, Meekings 19 Davis 20 Doran 20 Chippendale 20 are all youngsters in my book. Of the rest the only ones over 26 are Esson, Tokely, Foran and Proctor. To say we're not giving youngsters a chance is to say you've done no research. I know many fans who think Butcher has gone too far in his blooding of youngsters.

Finally, to take the bookies as your guide to our success or failure is to be more stupid than I give you credit for. We have been favourites for the drop every season we've been in the SPL

You have no need to swear - Pub talk to someone who is probably old enough to ne your great grandad ,, I think the moderator should withdraw this type of posting. It does no credit to the forum. I understand your loyalty and bad temper, but you make no points that are of ant use to man nor beast. Just pointless trying t to appear forceful. very pathetic. I don't know what your teachers would think if they could see your behaviour.

For that to be true you were either fornicating when you were still a twinkle in your grandads eye or your the oldest surviving man in europe. If the statement is true then I estimate your age at 132

Oh and the green dot was a complete accident

Automatically generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: dragged off topic.

If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and the moderator team will review it.