FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness City Ladies FC

Looking like the change to summer football for the ladies leagues is having a detrimental effect on Sandy Corcoran and his team.

http://women.soccerw.../inverness-lfc/

A couple of real hammerings so far.

Devil's advocating here, but....

Why do we have women's football at all, bar the incessant screaming of the equality and we can do all that men can do brigade insisting we are entitled to be upsides with them in everything....and some entrepeneur thinking they can make money out of yet another pointless sporting activity?

In the mid 1960's there was a woman's football team locally to me.....I think the sister played in it for a while, though where they found their opponents i can't remember...but sure as hell it wasn't from the even the local male mostly half-cut pub teams........but it was more a fun, keeping fit thing, not remotely a professional money-making activity thing and it was, frankly, so monumentally boring as to be unwatchable if you didn't personally know anybody playing (and even then, there was a lot more cringe factor than enthusiasm... honestly!) And I have to say that the elevating it to a professional money-making activity as it is today hasn't made it any more exciting (imo)..unless you are intrigued by the jiggling busts and longish toned female legs.

Equality to me means competing with men on equal terms....not making concessions to us for the fact that we are not equal and expecting and accepting a lower standard so we can compete on unequal terms.....on much the same lines as positive discrimination does.

To be fair one of the best games of football I've ever gone to watch was Scottish League Cup Final at McDairmid between Inverness and Forfar Farmington. The bridie eaters won it that time. That was back in 2005 when the girls were ICTLFC. They have done very well over the years since to reach the Premier League. And what season was it they got promoted? 08/09 Ladies went up when ICT went down. Not sure why the affiliation with ICT broke down but I seem to remember it was something to do with a power struggle between coaches.

Oddquine, there's very little jiggling busts in ladies football............in fact theres very little bust among many of the players, but many of the teams do play some really good football. Personally I dont see ladies football as an equality thing any more than I see it in any other sport. But then I went to a primary school with a total of 38 kids all ages. If we wanted to play football we had to rope in the girls. And that was way before the word equality ever became popular.

I'm normally one for equality and I do think maybe the odd female player would be able to play with men but I think this is an occasion where ladies are better having their own games.

I agree...even though I think that they are as boring most of the time as an ICT game where a large chunk of the team are there physically but not mentally. So you are agreeing with me that women are not equal to men except in areas where physical abilities are irrelevant?

I gave up the concept of women's lib when we achieved equality under the law.....it seemed pointless after that. Everything else, like female boxing. football etc is just women trying to emulate men (or trying to place them in an inferior position vis a vis women's "rights" to be protected from themselves), and I rather always liked the idea that we are nothing like men...but are different to (and much better than) them. :whistle: